HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flames pickup G Joey MacDonald on waivers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 12:09 PM
  #126
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
All from Twitter.
If this means when Kipper comes back, Irving gets demoted, I'm gonna be pissed...

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:12 PM
  #127
Zoombie
Registered User
 
Zoombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 908
vCash: 500
You're going to be pissed....

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:17 PM
  #128
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
You're going to be pissed....
This really pisses me off, Irving is finally getting a chance to show his true colors to the NHL and really playing well in his opportunity and now if the Flames can't give him his 25 games, I honestly don't see any reason why he won't walk, and the Flames lose another prospect due to poor prospect management... And why would he stay, he's been nothing but a good goalie for the organization and he is constantly being ****ed around... I just don't understand... I hope he has a fantastic career somewhere...

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:37 PM
  #129
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,501
vCash: 100
It's Irving's time to shine.. If he excels than there's no way he gets demoted

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:38 PM
  #130
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
This really pisses me off, Irving is finally getting a chance to show his true colors to the NHL and really playing well in his opportunity and now if the Flames can't give him his 25 games, I honestly don't see any reason why he won't walk, and the Flames lose another prospect due to poor prospect management... And why would he stay, he's been nothing but a good goalie for the organization and he is constantly being ****ed around... I just don't understand... I hope he has a fantastic career somewhere...
You're forgetting the old bear joke. Irving doesn't have to outplay Kipper - he has to outplay MacDonald and help punt Mack back onto waivers when Kipper returns.

I don't hold Feaster in high regard as a GM but I don't think he's a turnip either.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:41 PM
  #131
Internazionale
Registered User
 
Internazionale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
It's Irving's time to shine.. If he excels than there's no way he gets demoted
He has played well, and guess what? He is gonna get demoted. Poor management skills shown be the flames.

Internazionale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:41 PM
  #132
The Hendog
Registered User
 
The Hendog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
So essentially Joey Mac is are starting goalie now and Irving is the backup
Then once Kipper is back - Joey Mac goes to backup and Irving back to the third string goalie out in BC in the AHL

Good young asset management Calgary

When was the last time Joey Mac even started a competitive professional hockey game?

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:43 PM
  #133
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,501
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internazionale View Post
He has played well, and guess what? He is gonna get demoted. Poor management skills shown be the flames.
Can I see your crystal ball? We won't know for probably at least 2 weeks, if he plays good I can guarantee he won't be demoted.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:44 PM
  #134
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,501
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
So essentially Joey Mac is are starting goalie now and Irving is the backup
Then once Kipper is back - Joey Mac goes to backup and Irving back to the third string goalie out in BC in the AHL

Good young asset management Calgary

When was the last time Joey Mac even started a competitive professional hockey game?
Who said Joey Mac is the starter? No one, We needed a vet backup to be there instead of Taylor. With the way Irv has played, it's still his show.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:46 PM
  #135
Mike Jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
So essentially Joey Mac is are starting goalie now and Irving is the backup
Then once Kipper is back - Joey Mac goes to backup and Irving back to the third string goalie out in BC in the AHL

Good young asset management Calgary

When was the last time Joey Mac even started a competitive professional hockey game?
Did Feaster say that Mac was starting? Wow.

I could see him starting a game or two if Kipper was out longer then people expect but turning him into a starter would be seriously off the grid - even for the Flames.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:49 PM
  #136
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,501
vCash: 100
Feaster himself has said he like what Irving has done and the backup position behind Kipper has yet to be decided, Irving and Joey Mac will have to fight for it.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:51 PM
  #137
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy
 
Janko Unchained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Did Feaster say that Mac was starting? Wow.

I could see him starting a game or two if Kipper was out longer then people expect but turning him into a starter would be seriously off the grid - even for the Flames.
Yeah, Joey Mac won't be the starter in place of Irving... He hasn't played a game in nearly a year, and Irving has been great. We won't see Kipper until at least the 26th at the earliest, I think, so we have plenty more time to see Irving. If he continues to play the way he has been, I have no doubt he'll be staying with the team.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:52 PM
  #138
Internazionale
Registered User
 
Internazionale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Can I see your crystal ball? We won't know for probably at least 2 weeks, if he plays good I can guarantee he won't be demoted.
2 weeks? Kipper is due back tomorrow and McDonald will be the backup.

Internazionale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:54 PM
  #139
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internazionale View Post
2 weeks? Kipper is due back tomorrow and McDonald will be the backup.
Lql feaster stated minimum 2 weeks away.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:55 PM
  #140
Trae
Registered User
 
Trae's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,201
vCash: 500
I like this move. Sounds like if MacDonald was available earlier then Taylor would not have an NHL contract right now. Healthy competition for Irving is good and should push him even more to prove he's the guy. He's been pushed to third string before and I'm sure he's not going to let it happen again, easy to believe Feaster feels the same way. MacDonald is simply a depth move and will ultimately be the third guy all season long. He'll probably play his first and maybe only game of the season on our next back to back set of games next week.

On another note, would have liked to see Reinhart get the call over Byron, oh well.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:55 PM
  #141
Internazionale
Registered User
 
Internazionale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
Lql feaster stated minimum 2 weeks away.
Yikes i missed the Feaster interview and went on with what the ''media'' has been saying. This is good news.

Internazionale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:56 PM
  #142
The Hendog
Registered User
 
The Hendog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous View Post
Yeah, Joey Mac won't be the starter in place of Irving... He hasn't played a game in nearly a year, and Irving has been great. We won't see Kipper until at least the 26th at the earliest, I think, so we have plenty more time to see Irving. If he continues to play the way he has been, I have no doubt he'll be staying with the team.
But after Kipper comes back in two weeks will the team be forced to carry 3 goalies then?

Joey Mac has to stay on the active roster 30 days as he was claimed so you can't send him down.

If Irving continues his awesome play and he beats out Joey Mac for the backup when Kipper comes back - you probably don't want to send him down especially with the fear he might get picked up on waivers.

So I guess the Flames would have to carry 3 goalies for a couple of weeks in this situation? I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world. Although whoever gets sent down is probably not going to be happy as there isn't a lot of room in Abbsortford either.

Should be some competition I guess over the next couple of weeks who is the teams #2 goalie

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:01 PM
  #143
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
But after Kipper comes back in two weeks will the team be forced to carry 3 goalies then?

Joey Mac has to stay on the active roster 30 days as he was claimed so you can't send him down.

If Irving continues his awesome play and he beats out Joey Mac for the backup when Kipper comes back - you probably don't want to send him down especially with the fear he might get picked up on waivers.

So I guess the Flames would have to carry 3 goalies for a couple of weeks in this situation? I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world. Although whoever gets sent down is probably not going to be happy as there isn't a lot of room in Abbsortford either.

Should be some competition I guess over the next couple of weeks who is the teams #2 goalie
I honestly believe Irving has the opportunity now to prove he's the number 1 goalie now, if Kipper comes back and the team is winning and he struggles in any way, you have to go with the hot hand, it's about winning not about keeping Kipper happy.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:03 PM
  #144
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Who knows if Feaster's even right about this one. For all we know Kipper could miss 3-4 weeks. Either way I don't see Irving not starting on Wednesday, or Friday. MacDonald will probably get his chance to play on a back to back, but I think the organization is happy with Irving's play and he should be our starter on most nights

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:05 PM
  #145
MuffinMerc
Business. Numbers!
 
MuffinMerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,303
vCash: 1000
Good thing Hartley is in charge of lines. Hopefully he has the best Flame the past 3 games in between the pipes for his 4th straight start.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:13 PM
  #146
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,334
vCash: 355
I think this press conference shows, and this is just how I read it...it shows that they want Irving as the backup, but are not sold on him.

Mac is insurance in case they do feel he needs to be moved.

I think its a good sign, and I don't think this means Irving is gone when Kipper is back. If Irving plays well I think he will stick.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
  #147
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
But after Kipper comes back in two weeks will the team be forced to carry 3 goalies then?

Joey Mac has to stay on the active roster 30 days as he was claimed so you can't send him down.

If Irving continues his awesome play and he beats out Joey Mac for the backup when Kipper comes back - you probably don't want to send him down especially with the fear he might get picked up on waivers.

So I guess the Flames would have to carry 3 goalies for a couple of weeks in this situation? I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world. Although whoever gets sent down is probably not going to be happy as there isn't a lot of room in Abbsortford either.

Should be some competition I guess over the next couple of weeks who is the teams #2 goalie
Just a thought, we do have a compliance buyout so if MacDonald is the odd man out we can just buy him out. Given that we have two and theres not really anyone I can see us buying out, this would be a good idea

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:19 PM
  #148
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,334
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Just a thought, we do have a compliance buyout so if MacDonald is the odd man out we can just buy him out. Given that we have two and theres not really anyone I can see us buying out, this would be a good idea
Possibly Comeau, if his play doesn't improve. The roster looks awfully crowded when all of our forwards are healthy.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:26 PM
  #149
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Possibly Comeau, if his play doesn't improve. The roster looks awfully crowded when all of our forwards are healthy.
Well his contract is pretty low, and he's off the books at the end of the season

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:49 PM
  #150
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Well his contract is pretty low, and he's off the books at the end of the season
This and he's still 'decent' time to time on the 4th line only...though certainly could be better with more speed and physicality.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.