HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
You know what the Soviet team used to do when they'd stop winning? Siberia.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:17 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
You know what the Soviet team used to do when they'd stop winning? Siberia.
That makes me think the move to Syracuse is the problem. Norfolk is a military town that probably doesn't have much in single chicks, these guys are most likely banging every piece of sorority tail they see.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:31 AM
crunchrulz

With the multiple incidents of robbery and assault in the last few weeks on campus, as well as the outright brawl that left nine young adults arrested over this past weekend, I highly doubt the Crunch are spending much time on the hill. I mean, if they were, they damn sure would be able to remember what it was like to play physical, intimidate your opponent, and WIN.
Rumor control says practice yesterday was hot and heavy on physical play in front and on the boards. We will see if anyone remembers how to play that way this weekend.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:41 AM
CC321

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I don't buy the dissapointment of not getting a shot at the NHL as a factor.
The only player that I could see having that affect them is Connolly since he played there last year.
We also don't have a ton of blue chip prospects who usually are closer to being ready. We have a lot of later round picks or FA pick ups who know they need more developement time.
Not sure what the true issue is, the goaltending has been subpar and we have need more secondary scoring.
They didn't just win the championship, they went 29-0 and then won the championship. They dominated the AHL. Tell them they aren't good enough yet, that they need to get better before they get a shot, and watch their eyes glaze over.

I'm not saying disappointment is the entire reason for their recent slump, but I think it is a decent size part of it. With that said, they are good soldiers who will probably keep improving themselves, so when they get a chance they will be ready to run with it.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:12 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC321 View Post
They didn't just win the championship, they went 29-0 and then won the championship. They dominated the AHL. Tell them they aren't good enough yet, that they need to get better before they get a shot, and watch their eyes glaze over.

I'm not saying disappointment is the entire reason for their recent slump, but I think it is a decent size part of it. With that said, they are good soldiers who will probably keep improving themselves, so when they get a chance they will be ready to run with it.
Don't buy it at all.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 465
Hey... how's Vasilevski doing over in Russia? Still playing in the KHL?

Old
02-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Hey... how's Vasilevski doing over in Russia? Still playing in the KHL?
As of boltprospects.com he is still in the KHL as a backup, but he is playing from time to time.
His Stats right now:
Season totals (KHL): 7 GP, 3-1-0, 1 SO, 2.27 GAA, .918 sv%

Other question:
Which of our go to prospects (Connolly, Killorn,...) could give us some help in the circle next year? Because that would make Hall expandable and I don't like playing a player just for faceoffs, as he doesn't provide much else.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Allaboard

Both Connolly and Killorn are playing the wing in Syracuse, I don't think either are the answer to our face off problems.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:47 PM
bassassin

Johnson?

Old
02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
zeykshade

Korobov will make the NHL. He's a very solid stay at home D. Every play I see him make is very sound.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Allaboard

I agree with you about Korobov, I don't know why there is very little talk about him. Solid defensemen.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:33 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

crunch highlights from last night

Old
02-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
crunch highlights from last night

Neilson with some nice fights. Nice to see them back in the win column.

Namestnikov with his 3rd of the season early in the 2nd for a 1-0 lead against the devils.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:43 PM
zeykshade

Watching Korobov and Gudas work on the back-end is impressive.

Korobov is so positionally sound and big enough to not get pushed around. He doesn't lay the wood on people, but when they try to hit him, they take the worst of it, lol. Gudas finishes checks with ill intent.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Crabby Williams

How has Namestnikov been playing?

Old
02-09-2013, 11:14 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Went to the Crunch game tonight , was in town visiting family , sat first row in shoot once side so I saw the D+ goalie more often, I was impressed with Radko Gudas. The dude is tough as nails, hit everything that moved and his beard is menacing. By the 3rd he was too tired but I really like his play... Is he a future NHLer? He was involved in almost every altercation, really like how he doesn't back down from no one and he is "only" 6'0.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:33 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Yeah, I think he will be an NHLer soon, very soon

Old
02-10-2013, 01:55 PM
zeykshade

http://www.thescore1260.com/

Listen to Dan D'Uva call the game today 3pm EST.

Old
02-10-2013, 02:56 PM
zeykshade

Korobov with the first real brutal error I've seen him make. Resulted in a goal against =(

Connolly slashed and tripped, then ridden hard into the bottom dasher. Very slow to get up.

Gudas just went beast mode. Destroyed Fitzgerald on a legal "hit" as he was reaching for a puck, got the puck, pushed it past the Phantom's D for an opportunity on goal, then got in a fight. He's going to make it real hard for them to keep Lee, Mikkelson, MAB that's for sure.

Down 3 goals. Connolly has looked excellent today. His motor is definitely going, both he and Panik have been relentless.

Helenius has looked bad. His rebound control and puck tracking is pretty awful. It's cost him 2 goals against at least. Down 4 goals now.

Namestnikov drops the mitts with Johnston. Vladdy floored Johnston with a right, but as Johnston was going down, he pulled Vladdy down and swiveled on top. Fight won by Vladdy as he tripped over the roadkill.

Last edited by zeykshade: 02-10-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old
02-10-2013, 03:42 PM
MattM92

Sounds like SFY made a bad call with Helenius. And Janus is playing pretty damn well in the KHL.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:56 PM
zeykshade

Helenius looked bad. The sick thing about this game is, the Crunch are outworking and outshooting the Phantoms. Like, if you tuned in, not knowing the score and not seeing a goal scored, you'd think that the Crunch are killing the Phantoms.

Crunch outshooting the Phantoms by more than 2:1. Simply nothing going in for the Crunch ever. Missing gaping nets, Phantom's goalie making snow angels and Crunch shooters still can't put the puck in. I'm not sure how you coach them out of this funk to be honest. They're working their ***** off and not getting rewarded.

6-0 Adirondack. LOL. Brutal Play by Oberg. Essentially checked his own teammate off of the puck in the NZ leading to a break 2 on 1.

Munroe working on a 40+ Save shutout...Meanwhile the Crunch goalies have combined for 6 GAA on <20shots.

Last edited by zeykshade: 02-10-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old
02-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Helenius looked bad. The sick thing about this game is, the Crunch are outworking and outshooting the Phantoms. Like, if you tuned in, not knowing the score and not seeing a goal scored, you'd think that the Crunch are killing the Phantoms.

Crunch outshooting the Phantoms by more than 2:1. Simply nothing going in for the Crunch ever. Missing gaping nets, Phantom's goalie making snow angels and Crunch shooters still can't put the puck in. I'm not sure how you coach them out of this funk to be honest. They're working their ***** off and not getting rewarded.

6-0 Adirondack. LOL. Brutal Play by Oberg. Essentially checked his own teammate off of the puck in the NZ leading to a break 2 on 1.

Munroe working on a 40+ Save shutout...Meanwhile the Crunch goalies have combined for 6 GAA on <20shots.
WOW this one is ugly as hell, there are some serious issues with this team. They are talented enough to lose two of their top guys. They have so many guys that could step up (Vladdy, maybe Gauthier, Wilson and now Tyrell as well)

6:1 At least Johnson now knows what it means to find the back of the net again...

Old
02-11-2013, 04:44 PM
crunchrulz

Sorry to say, but I know know why Wilson has been sent down. He is not clicking right now. Neither is Jacques, but at lease JF is getting his nose dirty. Oberg is Oberg, not much there and should be in the ECHL getting ice time to learn how to play in his own zone. Nightingale has been his partner of late, and cannot play both sides of the defense as Oberg is off in Neverland thinking he is the second coming of Paul Coffey.
Goaltending has been suspect of late. One would expect the goalies to come up with a big save or two to keep the team in, but especially Rikki has been anything but. He should join Oberg in Pensacola for some quality time.
Many missed open nets and shooting right into the goalie's chest dont help. Overall, we love the team but something has to be done to get them out of this funk. Perhaps a total brawl or another team outting would work.

Old
02-11-2013, 07:59 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Old
02-12-2013, 12:38 PM
I Am Beat You

Edit: Not sure why it doesn't show up.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 02-12-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: fixed
Closed Thread