HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline: Who will we see in red?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 09:21 AM
  #51
Heaton
Moderator
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 21,552
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
Nothing.

And if Iggy demands a trade it would be to Pittsburgh, not Detroit.
Why Pittsburgh?

Heaton is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 09:34 AM
  #52
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
I think at this season we would more probable be sellers, not buyers. Holland already overcrowded this team at summer. Since then, he has added Huskins there.

I'm hoping for a quantity <> quality trade, but there isn't many that stupid GM's in other teams anymore that could take that bait.

Only player I really want to get traded off from our team, is Cleary at the moment.

So a trade like Cleary + something valuable <> something more valuable, would be my greatest hope that I don't believe we will se happening.

Cleary for a low pick would be nice.

Henkka is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 09:51 AM
  #54
BinCookin
Registered User
 
BinCookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Why Pittsburgh?
Better odds to win the cup maybe?

BinCookin is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 10:08 AM
  #55
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Hopefully not a rental. I don't really think we have a very good chance to win the Cup this year. Wouldn't mind Weiss if we think we can re-sign him.

Honestly I just hope we unload cleary to an eastern team needing depth for a 4th rounder or something. Anyone who wants someone like Iginla has unrealistic expectations of how good both he and the Wings are right now.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 10:11 AM
  #56
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Why Pittsburgh?
Because Bettman will force another GM to trade another 40 goal scoring power foward to Pitt for less than market value.

Vladdy84 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 10:27 AM
  #57
BinCookin
Registered User
 
BinCookin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,305
vCash: 500
conspiracy theorist? Neal was a 20 goal scorer until moving to Pitt.

BinCookin is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 10:57 AM
  #58
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 11,598
vCash: 500
From what I gather next year's draft is supposed to have great depth. Trade as much of our " bottom six depth" (heh) as possible for draft picks and let Nill and Hakkan work their magic. Only trade I'd do is for a major piece, like say Keith Yandle, but we all know that ain't happening.

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:15 AM
  #59
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,991
vCash: 500
Well we know for a fact that Detroit has had scouts at a Buffalo vs Florida game and at the Toronto Philly game last night. Im guessing the Florida scouting was over Ellerby but who knows.

I'm not sure we really gain anyone, it would have to be an impact pllayer and that would cost a lot. I wouldnt be surprised to see us gain a few later round picks by trading guys from the bottom 6. The need for space is coming soon. Cleary might have more value then some people think, hes beena s trong playoff guy and a team looking for a depth scorer might look for him for a playoff run

newfy is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:20 AM
  #60
icKx
Vanek 4 Prez
 
icKx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Intertubes
Country: United States
Posts: 3,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Why Pittsburgh?
True contender, loads of cap space, out of conference (wouldn't play Calgary at all this year), and in need of a winger to play alongside Crosby.

Just seems too perfect.

icKx is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:35 AM
  #61
RedWingsNow*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Well we know for a fact that Detroit has had scouts at a Buffalo vs Florida game and at the Toronto Philly game last night. Im guessing the Florida scouting was over Ellerby but who knows.

I'm not sure we really gain anyone, it would have to be an impact pllayer and that would cost a lot. I wouldnt be surprised to see us gain a few later round picks by trading guys from the bottom 6. The need for space is coming soon. Cleary might have more value then some people think, hes beena s trong playoff guy and a team looking for a depth scorer might look for him for a playoff run
You gotta know Detroit is looking at defense... and probably right-handed defense.

I think you can trade cleary for someone's salary dump or an underperforming vet. That's about it.

Guys Detroit could be looking at:
Niklas Grossman. Komisarek, Regehr,

Of that group, the only guy I see who really fits Detroit is Komisarek. But with his injury history...

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:36 AM
  #62
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Absolutely. Hudler is a top-line scoring forward who is above average in his own end. He is beginning his prime, and should have some pretty strong years with Calgary.

BTW, Hudler has as many points as Filppula right now (seven), but Hudler has played six games to Filppula's 12 and Hudler, unlike Filppula, is the best player on his line.

Maybe you should be considering how much Filppula's worth.
What stats can you use to prove that Hudler is far better than Filppula in his own end?

TatarTangle is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:40 AM
  #63
Claypool*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddington View Post
I don't want this to come off as another "lolz kenn holand iz teh suc!!!!1!1" kind of post, but the fact remains; to make a real splash at the deadline would require him to ruffle a few feathers and actually, you know, trade a roster player, and I just don't think he's capable of that anymore. The man is the utter definition of complacency at this point.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
The only tradeable assets with value on this team are Kronwall, Zetterberg, and Datsuk. He's not moving any of those three, so what kind of splash are you thinking of? You can't upgrade the team by moving Franzen, Filppula, Howard, etc. because you won't get better players in return.

Claypool* is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:43 AM
  #64
RedWingsNow*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
What stats can you use to prove that Hudler is far better than Filppula in his own end?
Come on. Why ask?

Hudler, IMO, probably has better offensive instincts than any Red Wings forward.
But his physical abilities hold him back.. so much so that a guy like Flip, who doesn't have great instincts, is probably equal or even greater (though I truly don't think so), offensively.
But defensively there's no question Flip is better.

EUZ is ludicrous to make a big point about Hudler and Flip after 6-8 games, especially when we know Flip is hurt

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:51 AM
  #65
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 3,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Come on. Why ask?

Hudler, IMO, probably has better offensive instincts than any Red Wings forward.
But his physical abilities hold him back.. so much so that a guy like Flip, who doesn't have great instincts, is probably equal or even greater (though I truly don't think so), offensively.
But defensively there's no question Flip is better.

EUZ is ludicrous to make a big point about Hudler and Flip after 6-8 games, especially when we know Flip is hurt
Sorry, I felt like baiting. You can't watch them both and unbiasly say Hudler is the better hockey player. I wouldn't mind Hudler on the team at all but to imply, as Eva did, that he is worth more than Filppula is a little off-base.

As for the Iginila thing; He's as good as a hockey player as the next but the Red Wings would most likely have to sacrifice too much of the future to get him. Pass. This team is at least a couple years away from another cup.

TatarTangle is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:54 AM
  #66
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
True contender, loads of cap space, out of conference (wouldn't play Calgary at all this year), and in need of a winger to play alongside Crosby.

Just seems too perfect.
Boston Bruins. Much more complete team.

joe89 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:26 PM
  #68
Auzzie19
Registered User
 
Auzzie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,826
vCash: 500
Trade Deadline: What could you guys offer for Grabovski, I know he played with Dats in the KHL, familiarity.

- The way we goin now I don't think we trade him though.

Auzzie19 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:31 PM
  #69
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 17,966
vCash: 500
I'm gonna get slammed for this, but I'd love to see what we can get for Filppula.

detredWINgs is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
  #70
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I'm gonna get slammed for this, but I'd love to see what we can get for Filppula.
in a pcakage deal we could probbaly get a mike Green or Keith Yandle if they're in fact or were in fact available

replacing Filppula from within or via free agency would be a much simpler task then adding a young top pairing dman

Zetterberg4Captain is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:35 PM
  #71
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampere, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 13,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
Hudler is gone. He was offered more money than Ken Holland felt he was worth, get over it!
Also, he made a choice. More money was more important that staying on the Wings.

Henkka is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:56 PM
  #72
LarKing
Registered User
 
LarKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 8,105
vCash: 500
Like some have said, I'd rather us be sellers honestly. Either way I don't think our chances improve/are hurt by what we do. I'd rather us improve our future by having everyone available except Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Brunner, Helm, Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, and Howard. Yes, I know I named a lot of players.

LarKing is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:58 PM
  #73
LarKing
Registered User
 
LarKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 8,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
in a pcakage deal we could probbaly get a mike Green or Keith Yandle if they're in fact or were in fact available

replacing Filppula from within or via free agency would be a much simpler task then adding a young top pairing dman
Adding Yandle or Green doesn't really help us outside of helping the power play (which admittedly does need a lot of help). I'd much rather trade Filppula for a defensive defenseman if we're going to trade him.

LarKing is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 02:04 PM
  #74
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Adding Yandle or Green doesn't really help us outside of helping the power play (which admittedly does need a lot of help). I'd much rather trade Filppula for a defensive defenseman if we're going to trade him.
no you're right but most defensive dman dont or arent top pairing guys, they are bottom pairing guys, role players almost to some extent, and these sorts of players though incredibly valuable are much easier to draft and/or acquire in free agency.

Our philisophy has always been about puck movement and puck possession and that all starts from the backend. Getting a guy like Yandle or Green would help so much in more ways then just the PP.

I think if KH was to ever make a big or somewhat big trade it would be for a top pairing offensive dman, young, who is also decent in his own zone.

Zetterberg4Captain is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 02:08 PM
  #75
LarKing
Registered User
 
LarKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 8,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
no you're right but most defensive dman dont or arent top pairing guys, they are bottom pairing guys, role players almost to some extent, and these sorts of players though incredibly valuable are much easier to draft and/or acquire in free agency.

Our philisophy has always been about puck movement and puck possession and that all starts from the backend. Getting a guy like Yandle or Green would help so much in more ways then just the PP.

I think if KH was to ever make a big or somewhat big trade it would be for a top pairing offensive dman, young, who is also decent in his own zone.
Fair enough. I just think with the amount of offensive defenseman we have right now, Smith in his first year, and Sproul coming in a couple of years, we should just wait it out for an offensive defenseman. This team has tons of holes but for the reasons I listed above I just think a defensive defenseman should be a much higher priority than an offensive one.

LarKing is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.