HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit - Montreal as trading partners?

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Detroit - Montreal as trading partners?

I think Detroit would be good trading partners as they could use guys like Perrault ( best face off man the past 4 years and scores 20 goals every year). Brisebois (Playing very well this year and would fit nicely as a 3 rd or 4th d-man in Detroit), Rivet (somewhat of a physical guy could help with the injury to Chelios) and Audette with the right team and linemates he can score just not a good fit for the Montreal system).

What can Montreal realisticaly expect in return for 1 or 2 of these guys, obviously Detroit wouldn't take all four players but I think Perrault in particular coud be very useful to Detroit.

Looking forward to your responses.(especially you Detroit fans)

Old
12-15-2003, 09:37 AM
Lambert Closse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I think Detroit would be good trading partners as they could use guys like Perrault ( best face off man the past 4 years and scores 20 goals every year). Brisebois (Playing very well this year and would fit nicely as a 3 rd or 4th d-man in Detroit), Rivet (somewhat of a physical guy could help with the injury to Chelios) and Audette with the right team and linemates he can score just not a good fit for the Montreal system).

What can Montreal realisticaly expect in return for 1 or 2 of these guys, obviously Detroit wouldn't take all four players but I think Perrault in particular coud be very useful to Detroit.

IMO Perreault would help the Wings how about for Bootland?

Old
12-15-2003, 10:00 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert Closse
IMO Perreault would help the Wings how about for Bootland?

Pfft, first Rivet and a pick for Todd Harvey, who has cleared waivers twice and is struggling to crack the Sharks line-up.

And now, Perreault for Bootland, Although young, was never drafted, and is another 4th Liner.

You clearly have biases towards players on the team, Rivet has struggled this year, and Perreault has played well for a player that has no permanent spot in our line-up (meaning he has floated from 2nd to 4th line all year) He still leads the league in face-off's, he is contributing offensively, but is still a risk defensively, AS HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN!

I am so glad you are not the GM.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
montreal and detroit wont be good partners because they got nothing detroit NEEDS... why would we want another defensemen? when hatch is back in the playoffs we got woolley/dandy as a 7th dman as it is... getting a dman is stupid, and cheli will be back before jan 1st, and its not like we are struggling

Old
12-15-2003, 10:17 AM
PigPen

Bootland was drafted by the Colorado avalanche in the 8th round of 2000. If he works on his skating and consistency a bit more he could turn into a good 3rd liner. I doubt Holland sends him anywhere anytime soon unless as a throw-in for a bigger deal maybe.

However, Detroit needs none of the players that were mentioned in the above.
Audette is expensive and inconsistent. Last I checked Detroit was the top offensive team in the league with 112 goals. Only two other teams have 90 and no others have 100 yet.
Rivet would do nothing but play as our #6 guy right now, then be pushed right out of the lineup when everybody is healthy. Much too expensive for a #7 or 8 guy on the wings.
Brisebois is just a much more expensive Jason Wooley and as far as I'm concerned, Wooley is having a much better season offensively and defensively.
Perreault is great on faceoffs, and can chip in offensively but...as stated before, Detroit has the #1 offense and we're the #4 team on faceoffs. It's not like we're hurting there either. Also, we don't need anymore defensive liabilities.

Sending these players to Detroit would be nothing more than a salary dump for Montreal. Detroit's payroll is high enough as is and we're playing just fine with our roster full of "ahlers" such as Hudler (58th overall 2002) Niklas Kronwall (29th overall 2000) Mark Mowers (who will probably find himself a permenant job on Detroit) and Kelly Miller.

Sorry, but we don't want your overpaid garbage.

Old
12-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
montreal and detroit wont be good partners because they got nothing detroit NEEDS... why would we want another defensemen? when hatch is back in the playoffs we got woolley/dandy as a 7th dman as it is... getting a dman is stupid, and cheli will be back before jan 1st, and its not like we are struggling
I didn't just mention defenceman there's also a 20 goal score who just so happens to be the best face off man in the league. (perrault)

Old
12-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
well montreal have to keep Brisebois even if he's overpaid ! he's still very very usefull and underrated!
audette is pure crap we have to buy him out next year !
Rivet has to go to let room for komi but i doubt it will happen unless a team is really interested in him ..
Perreault is the best asset! but i will keep until the trade deadline then his value would be at is peak ! (we keep him if we are in the playoff)
thats about it ...

Old
12-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

If there is any position we do not need help at, it is center with Datsyuk establishing himself as a top offensive point producer, Draper enjoying the best season of his career, and Yzerman resurgent and capable of handling the center duties. Hudler, the most talented of our call-ups, is also a center.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Lambert Closse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon
If there is any position we do not need help at, it is center with Datsyuk establishing himself as a top offensive point producer, Draper enjoying the best season of his career, and Yzerman resurgent and capable of handling the center duties. Hudler, the most talented of our call-ups, is also a center.

If I'm not mistaken, although Perreault takes the face-offs when he's on the ice, Ribeiro assumes the center position during play.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:

Perrault, Brisebois and Audette for CuJo and Devereaux

Overpaid garbage for overpaid garbage.

hows that?

Old
12-15-2003, 11:30 AM
Lambert Closse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk

hows that?

Agreed but you have to take Patrick Traverse too and I'm willing to take over what ever is still unpaid on Warren Young contract.

Old
12-15-2003, 11:36 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
If there was to be a trade between these two, it would probably be a Sundstrom - Dandenault type thing. Bowman, who we all know is a 'consultant', is a big Sunny fan, and had some very kind things to say about him on Saturday. If he hadn't been playing so well of late, than I'd be all for Gainey shipping him out. However, he's been one of the Habs better forwards, and is really starting to work like the man we used to see in San Jose.

Old
12-15-2003, 12:11 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk

hows that?
Didn't get the memo eh? Brisebois' out of the doghouse.

Old
12-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
I didn't just mention defenceman there's also a 20 goal score who just so happens to be the best face off man in the league. (perrault)
Like i said, stuff we dont need. We need a big physical forward/center, not a guy like perrault

Old
12-15-2003, 01:27 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert Closse
If I'm not mistaken, although Perreault takes the face-offs when he's on the ice, Ribeiro assumes the center position during play.
Isn't the 2nd line : Zednik-Ribeiro-Audette ?...

Old
12-15-2003, 01:31 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
Brisebois is just a much more expensive Jason Wooley and as far as I'm concerned, Wooley is having a much better season offensively and defensively.
As far as I'm concerned, it has more to do with the teams they're playing for...

Old
12-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Garnet

Garbage for Garbage

If your talking Garbage for Garbage I got the greatest trade!!

Rivet, Audette, and Brisebois for

The Detroit Tigers!!!!

Garbage for Garbage.

I would definitely argue the Wooley better than Brisebois as Wooley plays on a much better team. jason woolley 29 1 12 13 19 This is pretty impressive I like the +19. Brisebois 9A and +8. But I also remember the real Wooley in Buffalo.

Detroit is the best offense but its still one of the worst places to watch a game in my opinion. The no entertainment off the ice like other teams. Not a great atmoshpere and the wonderful $100.oo folding chairs and the drunken standing room twits. Where they make little girls cry and used to yell for Larionov to hit someone. Its a wonderful place. This is the real Motor city madness, Oh and can forget about the troffs what a great trick those are. (Maybe the slimmy pizza and Miller beer has sometime to be about it)

St. Louis Arena is terrible I really hope for the fans in Detroit that Ilitch builds a new arena!!! The fans deserve better!!!!!!

Old
12-15-2003, 02:59 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet
If your talking Garbage for Garbage I got the greatest trade!!

Rivet, Audette, and Brisebois for

The Detroit Tigers!!!!

Garbage for Garbage.

I would definitely argue the Wooley better than Brisebois as Wooley plays on a much better team. jason woolley 29 1 12 13 19 This is pretty impressive I like the +19. Brisebois 9A and +8. But I also remember the real Wooley in Buffalo.

Detroit is the best offense but its still one of the worst places to watch a game in my opinion. The no entertainment off the ice like other teams. Not a great atmoshpere and the wonderful $100.oo folding chairs and the drunken standing room twits. Where they make little girls cry and used to yell for Larionov to hit someone. Its a wonderful place. This is the real Motor city madness, Oh and can forget about the troffs what a great trick those are. (Maybe the slimmy pizza and Miller beer has sometime to be about it)

St. Louis Arena is terrible I really hope for the fans in Detroit that Ilitch builds a new arena!!! The fans deserve better!!!!!!
St. Louis arena? ..... sorry that'd be the saavis center in st. louis, Mo. not detroit mi. joe louis arena while not THE BEST is far from the hell holse you're describing

Old
12-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Coffey77

Don't think the Wings would have much interest in those guys.

Wings already have enough offensive d-men. wings don't need Brisebois. Rivet is nice but Dandenault, Kronwall, Woolley are doing alright as the depth defenceman.

Wings could use a center but one with size and who can hit. Perreualt isn't that guy. Wings also don't need Audette. They already have the most goals scored for and don't have a lot of their forwards.

Old
12-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Garnet

Detroit

Sorry ya Joe Louis Arena your right about the name. Your wrong about the Arena its terrible one of the worst in the league trust me I ve been to many and family has season tickets at the Joe. For being hockey town and the good fan bass and the low amount of luxury boxes trust me the Wings will have a new arena soon. Oh and remember Ilitch has Comerica park paid off now!! Like I said the fans deserve better!!

Closed Thread