Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
The Christian Eriksen rumblings are going nuts over the twitter and rag verse.

He's rejecting a new contract, so he should be moving this summer. Liverpool have long been interested, and I think they would have a good shot at it. But there will certainly be 6-7 other clubs who want him as well.

It's also rumored that Spurs were in for him this summer, but Ajax and Eriksen couldn't get it worked out.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Extremely overrated player, would rather see us steer far clear.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:29 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

vCash: 500
Would be weird to see Liverpool go after him though, Especially since they just got Coutinho.

One thing is for sure, Arsenal defiantly will be following the situation. I can't believe that a 23 year old upcoming "top end player"(depending on how you view him) isn't on Arsenal's shortlist. Especially when the assistant coach of his club is Dennis Bergkamp.

Old
02-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
How is he overrated?

Old
02-10-2013, 09:32 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
How is he overrated?
I wouldn't say extremely over rated, he is a good player but I like Siem De Jong more

Old
02-10-2013, 09:39 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
-Real Madrid have their sights set on Andrij Yarmelenko, according to AS.

-Juve and Inter could duel for the signature of Fabio Coentrao(talksport)

-Dynamo Kiev have offered Sporting Lisbon 11 million euro plus Artem Milevsky for Van Wolfswinkel (A Bola)
Yarmolenko isn't at Real's level. Milan would be a good fit for him, as he could win the spot opposite SES around Balotelli, and with Montolivo and Boateng feeding them from the midfield they could develop into a dangerous team that can focus on fixing the defense and bolstering the midfield.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:40 PM
cgf

Quote:
How is he overrated?
I think he's more Joe Allen than Jack Wilshere, he's great at retaining the ball and floating around to give other players an easy option to pass it to, but he doesn't take control and impose his vision on the game too effectively yet. That said Rodgers would love him as he is great at drifting around with the play to give his team options around the ball and is still very young and so could learn to impose himself on the game more.

Old
02-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
How is he overrated?
Most people consider him a top prospect, I don't. He has above-average pace but in terms of physical gifts that's about it, and good technical ability. The main issue I have with believing he's a top prospect is that I don't see any of his abilities as things that will work well in a league where players close down very well and kick their opponents. I believe he doesn't have the technical ability to compensate for physical attributes required to not get ran over in England which he doesn't have. Not anywhere near as good technically as a Hazard, Silva, Cazorla, Wilshere, etc.

Also feel like he did a total disappearing act at Euro 2012 where the level of competition is such that he would be expected to play against in a bigger league. I'm not a fan and would rather some other team take a chance on him. If we are buying any type of midfield player we need a big, physical player who will run through the opponent rather than play around them. I want somebody like a Diame or Wanyama badly. Buying technique in every buy is only going to get a team so far.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old
02-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Ah okay. I didn't watch any of the Denmark games this past summer, so I'm not really sure how he looked. I like De Jong too, I just always figured Erik was on another planet.

I think he should head to the Bundesliga personally.

Old
02-10-2013, 10:07 PM
cgf

I don't think Eriksen's technique will hold him back in any league, what can hurt him is that he's not a very vertical player and doesn't play many killer balls. If that doesn't change he'll need to learn to play further back, and likely play in Spain, which would be just perfect for his game.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Johnnywhite

BREAKING NEWS: Peter Odemwingie has been sighted in the Vatican parking lot!

Old
02-11-2013, 09:32 AM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 332
Eriksen didn't look so good at the Euro's, and its not like Denmark played badly. The fact Krohn-Delhi outshined him says it all

Old
02-11-2013, 10:09 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Andre Santos is gone!! Guessing gibs will be back for munich

Old
02-11-2013, 11:04 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
Andre Santos is gone!! Guessing gibs will be back for munich
Gibbs or no Gibbs, this is the best news I've heard in a while. Andre Santos is just brutal when he doesn't have the ball. His vision of defending is trying to baseball slide at opponents feet and hope he touches the ball, if not... it's a clear odd man rush going towards our own end.

Old
02-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
I think he's a bit overrated. But I also think he's a talented young player that they would be lucky to get for the right price.

that price is in the 10-12 million range and no more.

I would certainly take him.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Mourinho says he's coming back to England after Real.
That's what everyone thought, but that should secure Ancelotti a little bit.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:19 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Probably a return to Chelsea or to city

Maybe a shocker and he goes to LFC. Unlikely though, no CL

Old
02-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

If Liverpool hired him I would have to consider sitting those few years out. I would rather get relegated than have a person like that figurehead my club, and among some sections of the support he'd get the Hodgson treatment from day one.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:49 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
If Liverpool hired him I would have to consider sitting those few years out. I would rather get relegated than have a person like that figurehead my club, and among some sections of the support he'd get the Hodgson treatment from day one.
You say that now but he's ten times the manager than what you have currently, or had previously.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You say that now but he's ten times the manager than what you have currently, or had previously.
I have said this every time its been brought up in the last five years or so. I would rather be a fan of a club in the second division than one led by such a terrible human being. That's my honest opinion. I get that doesn't matter to other people, but my club is supposed to be one with morals and appointing a manager like him doesn't fit that.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
I have said this every time its been brought up in the last five years or so. I would rather be a fan of a club in the second division than one led by such a terrible human being. That's my honest opinion. I get that doesn't matter to other people, but my club is supposed to be one with morals and appointing a manager like him doesn't fit that.
Agreed. Good of you to stand behind some principles, something in which is completely lacking in some of the top teams in Europe.

*cough*Madrid*cough*Chelsea*cough*

Old
02-12-2013, 03:21 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Gibbs won't be back for Munich. Wenger said 6 to 8 weeks, so if everything goes well, he MIGHT make the second leg. However I expect TV5 to slot in as left back for both games and Kos+Mert will be CBs. If ever one of those 3 get hurt, I expect Wenger to try and put Sagna or Jenkinson out of position as left back with offensive strictness, making them essentially just a defending right back for that game.

Wenger said he likes having 2 outside backs. With Nacho Monreal signed, and a healthy Gibbs, I do agree that Santos will not be back next year

Old
02-12-2013, 05:00 PM
cgf

Quote:
I'll never understand how people don't love Mourinho.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Perd Hapley
Ya Heard With Perd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
I'll never understand how people don't love Mourinho.
Besides throwing all of his players under the bus when he loses, taking full credit for wins, causing divisions within the dressing room, spending hundreds of millions of dollars on players only to have his teams sit back all game, his teams consistently playing like thugs, waiting for refs in the parking lot, or being an egomaniac, they all work for me.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:44 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
No way Mourinho goes to Liverpool. They've already spent a ton of money lately and will not give him the blank check he'll want to rebuild the team yet again.

Closed Thread