HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official 2012-2013 Individual Game Tickets For Sale

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 12:57 PM
  #776
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 500
Rangers getting desperate to unload overpriced lower bowl tickets. Now they're offering groupons, $225 gets you a pair in the lower bowl against the Lightning, Jets, or Panthers plus $10 food credit (good for 80% of a chicken tender?), a hat, and meeting some alumns:

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/...age-meet-greet

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:28 PM
  #777
Cliffy1814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Rangers getting desperate to unload overpriced lower bowl tickets. Now they're offering groupons, $225 gets you a pair in the lower bowl against the Lightning, Jets, or Panthers plus $10 food credit (good for 80% of a chicken tender?), a hat, and meeting some alumns:

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/...age-meet-greet
That sounded too good to be true

$225 gets you one (1) ticket, not a pair

Cliffy1814 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
  #778
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
That sounded too good to be true

$225 gets you one (1) ticket, not a pair
Woops, my bad - I thought it was for a pair

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
  #779
RUSF18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
I got that email too, and figured it was a pair at first (even though I saw it listed as one ticket) since they said it's a $450 value. I'm not sure how the hell they got to that number. I guess technically you can say the meet and greet pass is worth whatever you want.

RUSF18 is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 02:21 PM
  #780
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSF18 View Post
I got that email too, and figured it was a pair at first (even though I saw it listed as one ticket) since they said it's a $450 value. I'm not sure how the hell they got to that number. I guess technically you can say the meet and greet pass is worth whatever you want.
They made the mistake of not making it a pair, I don't how how well that will move.

highandwide is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 03:00 PM
  #781
Bricho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by highandwide View Post
They made the mistake of not making it a pair, I don't how how well that will move.
As of now, 103 tix have been sold...can't say there's been a run on them..

Bricho is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 03:12 PM
  #782
RangerFan09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by highandwide View Post
They made the mistake of not making it a pair, I don't how how well that will move.
Wonder if it's because they don't have many pairs left? Probably trying to get rid of their singles this way

RangerFan09 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 03:15 PM
  #783
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Sold.


Last edited by Rangers Fail: 02-13-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:38 PM
  #784
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,295
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricho View Post
As of now, 103 tix have been sold...can't say there's been a run on them..
How do you know how many tickets have been sold?

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
  #785
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
How do you know how many tickets have been sold?
It shows you right under the "book now" button.

223 Purchased

broadwayblue is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:53 PM
  #786
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,295
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
It shows you right under the "book now" button.

223 Purchased
Oh yea, I do see that now. I'm surprised they would release that type of info.

BlueShirts88 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 11:03 PM
  #787
NYRfan11
Registered User
 
NYRfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Still have my single in Section 207 Gallery, Row 2 for Thursday night vs Isles.

Looking for $90. Let me know.

alex.veytsman@yahoo.com or 917-400-0840.

Thanks

NYRfan11 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 12:06 AM
  #788
mookrangers
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan11 View Post
Still have my single in Section 207 Gallery, Row 2 for Thursday night vs Isles.

Looking for $90. Let me know.

alex.veytsman@yahoo.com or 917-400-0840.

Thanks
Sent you an email

mookrangers is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 08:54 AM
  #789
chefgf27
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
pm sent

chefgf27 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 11:53 AM
  #790
highandwide
It's gold Jerry.
 
highandwide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Anyone have a pair of tickets for the devils 4/21 game?
$100-$150, prefer 200s, gallery, maybe 100s.

PM ME as I need these for a gift. Thanks guys.


Last edited by highandwide: 02-13-2013 at 12:26 PM.
highandwide is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  #791
cjc5103
Registered User
 
cjc5103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
General Question: For buyers and sellers on this forum, what's your protocol with sending paypal funds as gifts/non gifts?

Even if the seller is reputable to avoid the fees.

Do you ever ask for references?

cjc5103 is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
  #792
KennyWu
Registered User
 
KennyWu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Looking for two tickets for sunday 2/17 against the Caps

Not too picky, late valentines gift. PM if any available.

KennyWu is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 02:36 PM
  #793
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Does anyone know if Ticketnetwork.com is legit for buying tickets?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 04:38 PM
  #794
coatjones
Debauchery #1
 
coatjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Staten Island, NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to coatjones
Looking to get rid of my 3 tickets for tomorrow night vs the NYI. $73 each, face value. Section 213, Row 11. Great seats. Looking for someone who will take all 3, and not 1 or 2. PM me!

**UPDATE - SOLD!**


Last edited by coatjones: 02-14-2013 at 02:59 PM.
coatjones is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 05:11 PM
  #795
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
General Question: For buyers and sellers on this forum, what's your protocol with sending paypal funds as gifts/non gifts?

Even if the seller is reputable to avoid the fees.

Do you ever ask for references?
If you don't know someone in person (or have dealt with them many times and PERSONALLY know they are reputable) I would stick to sending it in a way where you have recourse if the tickets turn out to be bogus.

I wouldn't bother asking for references. I pay w/ a credit card, so if the tickets are bogus I'm just going to do a chargeback. If someone wants a non-recourse way of payment, like western union, then there's a 99.9% chance it's a scam.

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 09:16 PM
  #796
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Team View Post
If you don't know someone in person (or have dealt with them many times and PERSONALLY know they are reputable) I would stick to sending it in a way where you have recourse if the tickets turn out to be bogus.

I wouldn't bother asking for references. I pay w/ a credit card, so if the tickets are bogus I'm just going to do a chargeback. If someone wants a non-recourse way of payment, like western union, then there's a 99.9% chance it's a scam.

I had a problem as a seller.

I sold tickets to someone I didn't know. They never attended the game. A couple of weeks later I received a charge back from Paypal. A Paypal rep said Paypal wasn't responsible since they don't guarantee electronic ticket sales sent by e-mail. They would only honor sales if I could show proof that the tickets were mailed (FDX etc). I no longer accept Paypal unless I have time to mail the tickets.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 09:29 PM
  #797
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2014
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I had a problem as a seller.

I sold tickets to someone I didn't know. They never attended the game. A couple of weeks later I received a charge back from Paypal. A Paypal rep said Paypal wasn't responsible since they don't guarantee electronic ticket sales sent by e-mail. They would only honor sales if I could show proof that the tickets were mailed (FDX etc). I no longer accept Paypal unless I have time to mail the tickets.
That's a common paypal scam. You need to require physical delivery with tracking, and if it's above a certain price ($250 maybe?), you need a signature record to prove you delivered. When the buyer lies about never getting the tickets (even after he used them or resold them), an email record of PDF tickets or forwarding confirmation won't do it and paypal will take back your money and you're screwed (stubhub owns paypal)

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 09:36 PM
  #798
cjc5103
Registered User
 
cjc5103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Washington DC
Country: United States
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Yeah that's true. All you can really do is build trust among buyer and sellers.
I've purchased tickets through sellers here before and I've never had an issue.

FYI - If you're a buyer and the seller claims to have season tickets, you can usually call an MSG rep to confirm their name, section, row, and seat. Now, I'm not sure if they will always do this given privacy, but it doesn't hurt to do some due diligence on your part if you're the buyer.

cjc5103 is online now  
Old
02-14-2013, 12:04 AM
  #799
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
That's a common paypal scam. You need to require physical delivery with tracking, and if it's above a certain price ($250 maybe?), you need a signature record to prove you delivered. When the buyer lies about never getting the tickets (even after he used them or resold them), an email record of PDF tickets or forwarding confirmation won't do it and paypal will take back your money and you're screwed (stubhub owns paypal)
yep.... it's in the Paypal guidelines. I was not aware of the restriction and was never informed so I was at fault. It cost me around $250 or so.

I do sell a fair amount of collectables. I used E-Bay/Paypal as my primary source for selling until the charge back. Now, I use an auction house which costs me about the same and have pretty much cut out E-Bay/Paypal. The results have been pretty much the same. The loser? Paypal/Ebay who could have made the few dollars back in less than a month.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:08 AM
  #800
henric
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Selling two tickets to Islanders tonight
section 225 Gallery 1st row center, $240 for pair, below face value

email quick if interested
diego_hence@hotmail.com


Last edited by henric: 02-14-2013 at 04:38 AM.
henric is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.