HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Los Angeles

Old
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Montreal - Los Angeles

Lars Eller
David Desharnais

Dustin Penner
Jarret Stoll
+ prospect

Penner and Stolls production has slipped a bit but Montreal could use guys like this and could make the salary work too.

A basis of a deal like this stuff could be Added to the deal if needed, but could it work?

I seen often kings fans want to move Penner. Stoll is a faceoffs guy that Montreal can and could definitely use.

Is this deal close or like I said could it use an addition to make it work?

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Lizard King*

From a Habs perspective I would take this. Eller doesn't seem to have a role on the team with Plekanec and Galchenyuk being our go to centers for the next couple of years. I know that Eller will probably perform somewhere where he's given the right wingers and a decent amount of ice time.

Although I personally would like to keep Eller because he seems to have a lot of potential, he is expendable. I also have a huge hatred for Desharnais since people in Montreal see him as the next savior that will lead us to a cup so I wouldn't mind getting this package back and giving Stoll and Penner a fresh start in Montreal and the prospect would be a nice addition too or maybe a draft pick would suffice too.

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub View Post
From a Habs perspective I would take this. Eller doesn't seem to have a role on the team with Plekanec and Galchenyuk being our go to centers for the next couple of years. I know that Eller will probably perform somewhere where he's given the right wingers and a decent amount of ice time.

Although I personally would like to keep Eller because he seems to have a lot of potential, he is expendable. I also have a huge hatred for Desharnais since people in Montreal see him as the next savior that will lead us to a cup so I wouldn't mind getting this package back and giving Stoll and Penner a fresh start in Montreal and the prospect would be a nice addition too or maybe a draft pick would suffice too.
Have you ever even been to our board?

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Have you ever even been to our board?
Next we'll be told Cole is the second coming.

Anywho, pass. Outside of the playoffs, Penner has routinely been a complete disappointment and while Stoll is decent, he does nothing to replace the talent both Eller and Desharnais have demonstrated, however inconsistent both may be.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Drydenwasthebest

I would not give up Eller in this kind of deal. Penner is not what we need.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Domino11

Very bad proposal for mtl .. I wouldn't give desharnais alone for this proposal ! Penner is a big cow that can't skate and that his overpaid .. Still is good but he's been under performing this year !! Eller is perfect as our 3 line centre .. nyways cap wise it doesn't work .. We give 2 million to LA and we get 6.5 million in cap so unless the prospect is forbort or your first round in 2014 since u don't have the 2013 it a no go big time

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:57 PM
PYG85

Penner is not the kind of player mtl need

PYG85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Hell no from Montreal.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:14 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Stoll offensively has't be great, if he was back to his 40-45 point self I would have been ok with this deal. But not anymore.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Stoll offensively has't be great, if he was back to his 40-45 point self I would have been ok with this deal. But not anymore.
Players come to L.A. and watch their offense die.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote