HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Pyatt's Determination Shows in his Training

Old
07-07-2006, 02:15 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
Pyatt's Determination Shows in his Training

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/team/ProspectRecap/

Quote:
"Pyatt is heads and tails above all our other prospects from a fitness perspectives," said Rangers head coach Tom Renney during the team's recent Prospect Development Camp. "Coming into our camp, he set a standard that no other ever has. Because of that, you have to respect him."
Quote:
"As soon as I got home from Saginaw, I have just been in the gym, running, and riding the bike," Pyatt says. "I have been following the New York program very strictly. It's done me pretty well so far and I feel pretty good."
Quote:
"Tommy is very intense and very business-like when he comes to the rink," Renney explains. "He knows it is a job. It's a job he loves, mind you, but at the same time he is very dedicated to being a great player. He's a good pick for us, and is a guy who I expect to don a jersey at some point in time."
Quote:
Dubbed "the steal of the 2005 draft" by TSN analyst Pierre McGuire, Pyatt is a highly disciplined young man. For an aggressive center, he recorded a mere 29 penalty minutes during the regular season. Remarkably, that is more than double the 14 penalty minutes he posted in 2004-05.
There is more in the article I just quoted a few paragraphs. Good read though.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:29 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Hahahaha - at about the time you were starting this thread I posted the link in the poll #16 thread (where I feel it is particularly relevant).

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 02:38 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
It is a good read and for the record, I'm getting really excited about this kid. Gionta in the making???

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangerFan View Post
Hahahaha - at about the time you were starting this thread I posted the link in the poll #16 thread (where I feel it is particularly relevant).
Hey, where was this article 3 picks ago?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 03:11 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I dunno, man. What can I tell you - I've been voting for Pyatt for a couple of rounds now myself!

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 03:13 PM
eco's bones

It seems I've been voting for Pyatt at least a couple picks too. To me he's probably a 3rd liner when all is said and done but I think he has a better chance of making it than some ofhers who may be on the list ahead of him. Hopefully some day he might be our Kris Draper.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:30 PM
CJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
It is a good read and for the record, I'm getting really excited about this kid. Gionta in the making???
Not really, Ryan Rusell is a closer comparison but their style of play are different. Ryan Russell is going to surprise a lot of fans(people) in the coming years, this kid has the talent and ability to play as a top six forward in the NHL. Small in nature, not physical but he does a little bit of everything, and above average in the faceoff circle.

Nice article, will see how Pyatt does. The coming year should provide a clear view on what kind of player he is as well as for a lot of prospects(Hugh, Graham, Cally, Dubi in the AHL so forth)

Ryan Russell is going to surprise a lot of fans(people) when he becomes more of a known commodity in the coming years. The smallish forward from the kootenay Ice has the talent and ability to play as a top six forward in the NHL...

CJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:50 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Aren't all fans also people? Maybe I'm missing something.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 05:01 PM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Aren't all fans also people? Maybe I'm missing something.
actually that is a common misconception, I am a robot programmed to blindly and most thoroughly follow and cheer for the NY Ranger hockey club. so the previous poster did an admirable job, albeit a little revealing, telling the people about us super/robo-fans..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Pizza

Yeah, Fish and I were discussing Pyatt's merits in the thread about the recent prospect camp. This guy is under the radar for now, but that won't last too much longer.

He is one prospect I'll be following very closely this coming season. He'll have a very big impact this year.

In my "best of all worlds" roster, I have him centering our 3rd line 3/4 years from now.

Pyatt's gonna be a good one, a core player. Keep an eye on him.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Skroob*

While i wish all the best for the kid, those quotes like that dont impress me too much. I mean, Hulk Hogan was dedicated to keeping in shape and took the job he loved very seriously, but that doesnt mean i would think he would look great on the Power Play.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
While i wish all the best for the kid, those quotes like that dont impress me too much. I mean, Hulk Hogan was dedicated to keeping in shape and took the job he loved very seriously, but that doesnt mean i would think he would look great on the Power Play.
Well..

I agree with you somewhat but showing up looking better than expected (when i'm sure they were all expected to look great) might be a sign of a commitment to being a good player.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Stinkin' Root Beer

Quote:
Best. Logic. Ever.

Stinkin' Root Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkin' Root Beer View Post
Best. Logic. Ever.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:39 PM
CJB

Hey sorry for going on a tangent, regarding Pyatt, a two way player with good instinct when he is on the offensive zone but he needs to be more consistent with that, his production this upcoming season should have a telling tale on what kind of player he is if he makes it to the NHL.

CJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
rob brind'amour sure does.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:12 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance View Post
rob brind'amour sure does.
Jesus what I wouldn't do to have the next Rod Brind'Amour among our prospects.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 09:47 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

It is interesting to see once more another pick lauded. Slowly I think the investment that Sather made in restructuring the scouting staff, then under Renney, is showing that Slats actually had a handle on how to rebuild a franchise.

While many were focusing in on the NYR NHL squad the man was slowly putting the pieces together on the one part of an organization that I personally think is the engine of any organization. Any ranger would have to admit that our scouting department and its ability to consistantly find players was very much a hit and miss
proposition.

That is not to say that under Sather he and his staff have not had some misses. They have. The key is the ability to find other talent in later rounds that offsets the misses. This they have done. Some bemoaned the lack of top end talent. I think what people mean is a top end offensive forward. That is true. But we all know that championships are built from the goal out. Lundqvist and Montoya certainly are top end talent, as is Staal, Tyutin and Sauer. That's a pretty good beginning. While a player like Bobby Sanguinetti is 3 years away he too could end up being a top end talent. On the offensive side there are a host of very similar players that potentially can exceeded expectations. Pyatt is but one.
The key I think is that over this coming year and the next 2-3 years we will see the opportunity for several players each year to be assimilated onto the rangers squad.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:31 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
It is interesting to see once more another pick lauded. Slowly I think the investment that Sather made in restructuring the scouting staff, then under Renney, is showing that Slats actually had a handle on how to rebuild a franchise ... The key I think is that over this coming year and the next 2-3 years we will see the opportunity for several players each year to be assimilated onto the rangers squad.
Well yes. The key to judging Sather's success in rebuilding will be in how many of these lauded picks become lauded players.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:31 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
6-8 picks ago.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:53 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Well yes. The key to judging Sather's success in rebuilding will be in how many of these lauded picks become lauded players.
You gotta pick'em first!

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote