HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
You do realize that DD is 26 and Stastny is *gasp* 27 right?

It would cost a lot more than DD. I'd just start with him and see what it would take for Colorado to budge. Yes he's a bit overpriced but by maybe $1M. Last time Colorado had a playoff team, Stastny put up almost 80 points. He played second line center for the Avs last year to have 55 points compared to Desharnais' 60 on the top line. Stastny is in a different tier than Desharnais but all you care about is cap hit?
Cap hit is not ALL I care about but with the cap dropping, a contract like Stastny at 6.6 mil is pretty bad...and for a 55 point guy, pass.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
O'Reilley is over rated big time.

The guy is a second line centre at best. He won't score more than 20 goals/55 points per year. He's not very big nor tough. It just happened that Duchesne and Statsny got very bad seasons last year, and he played with the rookie who is now their Captain.

He doesn't burn the KHL either.

He worths not much more than DD + a 2nd or 3rd round pick. OR Eller + Weber.

Anyway the kid and his agent want the moon for his services.

Right now we need more better and bigger bottom line players + at least omne bigger d-man.
The problem with a trade for O'reilly is similar to the Kessel deal. You pay a lot in terms of assets, then you have to turn around and give him big money...may as well keep your assets and spend that money on a UFA.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
O'Reilley is over rated big time.

The guy is a second line centre at best. He won't score more than 20 goals/55 points per year. He's not very big nor tough. It just happened that Duchesne and Statsny got very bad seasons last year, and he played with the rookie who is now their Captain.

He doesn't burn the KHL either.

He worths not much more than DD + a 2nd or 3rd round pick. OR Eller + Weber.

Anyway the kid and his agent want the moon for his services.

Right now we need more better and bigger bottom line players + at least omne bigger d-man.
It's common knowledge that NHLers top out as 21 year olds.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Cap hit is not ALL I care about but with the cap dropping, a contract like Stastny at 6.6 mil is pretty bad...and for a 55 point guy, pass.
Without knowing for sure, I have a feeling that Bergevin will be aiming to end up with:

Galchenyuk - 1st line centre

a skilled scoring centre on the 2nd line like Stasny/ Brassard/Teravainen/Wennberg

a checking 3rd line centre - Bournival/Vail/Eller/Danault

a feisty 4th line centre.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
It's common knowledge that NHLers top out as 21 year olds.
Not all players keep progressing after that point. Maybe he was in an ideal situation and won't ever match it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Without knowing for sure, I have a feeling that Bergevin will be aiming to end up with:

a skilled scoring centre on the 2nd line like Stasny/ Brassard/Teravainen/Wennberg

We could end up with Plekanec-Galchenyuk-Eller...or Dd Plekanec Galchenyuk with Eller playing wing or traded.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

We already have one of the better second line center in the NHL: PLekanec.

Danault is in the Chicago org.... Maybe we should give achance to Leblanc.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:25 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
That's what they'll ask. Think for a minute, O'Reily is a Top line center, a good physique with talent to boot. Those don't come every day. There's a reason he's asking for so much money.

That depends with what we want, what we need in present time. If we want a top center right away we could sacrifice Gally for him. Or we could wait and see if Gally pan out.
you don't trade a 3rd overall pick for an unsigned player whoever that player may be

Old
02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
We could end up with Plekanec-Galchenyuk-Eller...or Dd Plekanec Galchenyuk with Eller playing wing or traded.
... but how does this fit in with the trade proposal thread?

I think as we get tougher we're going to need more scoring from our top 6 and by the time Galchenyuk is our #1 centre Plekanec will be in the twilight of his career and will be an expensive #3 centre.

I should of been more clear that my thinking was a few years out.

Quote:
We already have one of the better second line center in the NHL: PLekanec.

Danault is in the Chicago org.... Maybe we should give achance to Leblanc.
I'd rather Leblanc becomes a winger and I think his skills are wasted if he isn't on a second line somewhere, maybe not right away but soon enough.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:22 PM
habsrock76

RoR has never scored 20 goals at any level and he's asking for big money, his value can't be as high as some are suggesting.

Rumour guy Hockey Insider has recently tweeted MB is heavily pursuing RoR and is also lookin to get Erik Johson involved in a larger deal. He has suggested the asking price would be something along the lines of Diaz + Leblanc + roster player and a 1st round pick going the other way.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:31 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
RoR has never scored 20 goals at any level and he's asking for big money, his value can't be as high as some are suggesting.

Rumour guy Hockey Insider has recently tweeted MB is heavily pursuing RoR and is also lookin to get Erik Johson involved in a larger deal. He has suggested the asking price would be something along the lines of Diaz + Leblanc + roster player and a 1st round pick going the other way.
We dont need ROR, and why would we want Erik Johnson ?

Old
02-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

I don't buy any rumour mongers, but at the price of Diaz + Leblanc + roster player + 1st... sign me up. Well, obviously slightly depending on the "roster player". But there aren't too many names I'd balk at. The concept of trading for a player who is basically sitting out because he won't sign a team-friendly bridge contract makes me doubt that the Habs would be involved, however.

Old
02-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Goulet17

Quote:

That seems like a ridiculously bad deal for Colorado.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:13 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:

I heard it was O'Reilly and Johnson for Eller, Diaz, Leblanc, 1st rounder and mid level prospect. I would still be all over that deal.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Desharnais-O'Reilly-Cole
Prust-White-Moen

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Johnson
Bouillon-Emelin

Old
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I heard it was O'Reilly and Johnson for Eller, Diaz, Leblanc, 1st rounder and mid level prospect. I would still be all over that deal.

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Desharnais-O'Reilly-Cole
Prust-White-Moen

Subban-Gorges
Markov-Johnson
Bouillon-Emelin

where are you guys hearing this stuff?

Old
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Done. I'll take that. And think that Colorado isn't exactly getting screwed either, although they are taking on a great deal of the risk burden in the deal (which I don't think is really fair). Eller is *possibly* a mini-O'Reilly. Diaz is a PMD that fits a need for them and Johnson isn't living up to expectations. There are a couple of patches there to the assets they are giving up. But they would really need to hit home runs with Leblanc and the 1st to make up the gap. Everybody has tons of mid-level prospects, not sure that really adds much.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:00 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

according to [the fourth period] website...orielly is looking for a 3-4 million dollar per year deal and colorado is shopping him hoping to get a 2nd round pick and a young forward back.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 02-12-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: delete link
Old
02-12-2013, 06:21 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan999 View Post
where are you guys hearing this stuff?
hockeyinsider on twitter

Old
02-12-2013, 06:25 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
hockeyinsider on twitter
Seriously?

That's a complete bozo last I heard.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:44 PM
rockjngo

Erik Johnson isn't going anywhere so dreamers can forget that.

As for O'Reilly it will take more than Eller and Leblanc.

Old
02-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Marc-E-

Marc Bergevin won't give up his first rounder. Down the road, it should be something like David Desharnais, Lars Eller, Leblanc and Weber for O'Reilly, Johnson and fourth line guy

Old
02-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I really want O'Reilly on this team.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-E- View Post
Marc Bergevin won't give up his first rounder. Down the road, it should be something like David Desharnais, Lars Eller, Leblanc and Weber for O'Reilly, Johnson and fourth line guy
As an Avs fan this offer feels like Barrie, Sgarbossa, SOB and Jones for Subban and MaxPac.

Just saying.....

Old
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
You do realize that DD is 26 and Stastny is *gasp* 27 right?

It would cost a lot more than DD. I'd just start with him and see what it would take for Colorado to budge. Yes he's a bit overpriced but by maybe $1M. Last time Colorado had a playoff team, Stastny put up almost 80 points. He played second line center for the Avs last year to have 55 points compared to Desharnais' 60 on the top line. Stastny is in a different tier than Desharnais but all you care about is cap hit?
Stastny is a decent player but with a cap hit of $6.6M, count me in amongst the group who wouldn't trade for him. DD may not be as good, but he's a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:32 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
As an Avs fan this offer feels like Barrie, Sgarbossa, SOB and Jones for Subban and MaxPac.

Just saying.....
I get your point but the package offered is still way better than the package your are talking about.

The value of Subban and Pacioretty is also quite higher than Johnson and an unsigned O'Reilly.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:45 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Seriously?

That's a complete bozo last I heard.
Shhhh that bozo might be in this thread

Closed Thread