HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Castle [ABC] - Season 6 (returns Sept. 24)

Old
01-25-2013, 09:20 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Also the cheerleader's dad (Man with the horn-rimmed glasses) on Heroes.

And it was Senator not Congressman. My bad.
Did you notice the recent trend with the change in showing the murder victim prior to their demise???
IIRC in all past episodes when we first we the murder victim, it is when they are deceased.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Did you notice the recent trend with the change in showing the murder victim prior to their demise???
IIRC in all past episodes when we first we the murder victim, it is when they are deceased.
I thought I remembered EP's where they showed them living before. Now I'm rethinking it. I watch reruns when often, so I'll pay more attention.

I too was worried the relationship could turn the show for the worse, but they've handled it really well.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:55 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
I thought I remembered EP's where they showed them living before. Now I'm rethinking it. I watch reruns when often, so I'll pay more attention.

I too was worried the relationship could turn the show for the worse, but they've handled it really well.
That very well could be the case. I could be wrong on that assumption. I just don't remember them doing it before. But with so many episodes in the books now, it is hard to remember such details. It just struck me as a brand new. But it could be just "new-ish" haha.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
That very well could be the case. I could be wrong on that assumption. I just don't remember them doing it before. But with so many episodes in the books now, it is hard to remember such details. It just struck me as a brand new. But it could be just "new-ish" haha.
So, the very first one I'm watching is second for last season and they briefly show a guy chase a woman down the alley and a guy comes from nowhere and slices the guy in half with a sword. Not much of a beginning and not like the one this week. But anyways, I think you're right more than not, but there were at least a few.

Maybe it's a budget thing and not having to paying an extra actor to do more than play dead was an easy way to save money.

Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Slopo

The last two episodes have been great, moving the storyline along.

Slopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:32 AM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopo View Post
The last two episodes have been great, moving the storyline along.
Agreed.

Next week's 2-parter looks awesome. Alexis gets kidnapped.

SignThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:16 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignThornton View Post
Agreed.

And

Spoil:
apparently Castle's dad makes an appearance too!

So how many Firefly fans went mental with the Gina Torres and Nathan Fillion scenes? They need to bring in Alan Tudyk, Summer Glau and Morena Baccarin (get that sexual tension going). As well as Neil Patrick Harris/Felicia Day. I think they could've gotten Felicia Day for the Sci-Fi convention episode.

Oh well...

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:16 AM
sully1410

This is what sets Castle aside from every other murder investigation show. It actually has an underlying plot.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:34 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

"Now take your clothes off, put them in your drawer and meet me in the bed"

Castle's reaction in his head:

My reaction towards Beckett

My reaction towards Castle (that lucky son of a *****)

Old
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Agreed.

Gonna DVR both and not watch till both are recorded. Would rather watch 2 parters all at once. Gonna have to stay away from this thread after part 1, till part 2.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:02 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Gonna DVR both and not watch till both are recorded. Would rather watch 2 parters all at once. Gonna have to stay away from this thread after part 1, till part 2.
I'll try to do that too. I doubt it works but you're right, it's better to watch 2-parters right at the same time.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:35 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

They'd better not kill off Alexis. I have my doubts that they would, but they really shouldn't. Maybe Molly Quinn wants to be free and clear of having to be on the show. But killing her just feels like too cruel a twist. I mean, yeah, they killed of Capt. Montgomery too, but that wasn't too cruel and it served the larger picture. Having Castle lose his daughter feels like the kind of move that would break that sort of innocence that he has, and that's basically a big part of the comedic angle of the show. They go down that road and it potentially largely turns the show into a more straightforward drama, and that's not what the show is.

and maybe mostly I just like Alexis/Molly Quinn and wouldn't want to see her killed off.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 8 GP, 1-5-2 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:47 PM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Send a message via AIM to SignThornton Send a message via MSN to SignThornton Send a message via Yahoo to SignThornton
I doubt they'll kill her off and for a lot of the reasons you just mentioned. Unless she really wanted to leave the show which I doubt she does. That said what a great episode tonight and it does remind me a bit of Taken.

Nathan Fillion is awesome. Glad he finally got to showcase his acting abilities more in this episode.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:22 AM
Slopo

That's one way to see the sights.

Slopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 03:16 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
I doubt they'll kill her off and for a lot of the reasons you just mentioned. Unless she really wanted to leave the show which I doubt she does. That said what a great episode tonight and it does remind me a bit of Taken.

Nathan Fillion is awesome. Glad he finally got to showcase his acting abilities more in this episode.

The preview for part 2 included Ryan and Esposito making a Liam Neeson joke.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) for me, watching a ton of Late Late Show has basically made me laugh uncontrollably at Liam Neeson mentions because it makes me think about Geoff/Josh Robert Thompson's impression:

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:06 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

I found the ending to Part 1 kinda stupid.

1) Alexis drops the phone instead of taking it with her.
2) The FBI didn't start tracking the phone's location until Castle asks..."Can you tell where the calls coming from?" "Tracking now" *presses buttons on laptop* This happens 30-40 seconds after the call went through.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:27 PM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
The preview for part 2 included Ryan and Esposito making a Liam Neeson joke.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) for me, watching a ton of Late Late Show has basically made me laugh uncontrollably at Liam Neeson mentions because it makes me think about Geoff/Josh Robert Thompson's impression:

Very funny.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:29 PM
SignThornton
BEAST MODE

I thought tonight's episode was better than the first. James Brolin is bad***. What did everyone else think of tonight's episode?

Old
02-26-2013, 01:45 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I really enjoyed it. And yes Brolin was pretty badass.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 11:30 AM
JWells16

Fan of both episodes. Would have liked it more if it wasn't essentially Taken: the Castle Edition, but I'll take it.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:50 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWells16 View Post
Fan of both episodes. Would have liked it more if it wasn't essentially Taken: the Castle Edition, but I'll take it.
I agree, even though I never saw the movie. But know of it. And the show referenced the movie as well, when they had a Liam Neeson mention. Obviously they were well aware of how similar the episode was to the movie.

Last edited by td_ice: 02-26-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old
02-26-2013, 06:22 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Brussels? Paris? Vladimir Abrahamovic? Hits a little too close to home...literally.

I thought this two-parter was awesome! Sure it's loosely based on Taken, but they always base each episode on pop culture (either current or the past). I like how they fit Castle's dad's story arc into it all. Fillion showing a little bit of a dark side (ex: while interrogating the getaway driver).

And of course Beckett interrogating the girlfriend and go hardcore badass on the b****. That's hot

Old
02-26-2013, 06:36 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Brussels? Paris? Vladimir Abrahamovic? Hits a little too close to home...literally.

I thought this two-parter was awesome! Sure it's loosely based on Taken, but they always base each episode on pop culture (either current or the past). I like how they fit Castle's dad's story arc into it all. Fillion showing a little bit of a dark side (ex: while interrogating the getaway driver).

And of course Beckett interrogating the girlfriend and go hardcore badass on the b****. That's hot
SPOILER BELOW, do not read if you haven't seen the episode yet.

Haha, yeah, and Castle working over the injured driver. Although we don't get to see it.

I was able to dvr both episodes. I waited till last night to watch them together. It was funny, in part one when they showed the Artist rendering of the suspect, I laughed and said "it looks like James Brolin". I never expected that he would be the actor to play that character haha.

I admit I did a "oh come on", with the whole 'Castle's Dad is a special black ops agent' thing. But I quickly got over it, and just enjoyed watching the episode.

I really enjoyed it. Good stuff.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:46 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Wish we could've seen Martha's reaction.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Fanpuck33

I really love how elements from the show and the novels turn up in each other. While the novels get released before some of the corresponding events in the show, it's still really cool how they really do feel like what an author would write after having the experiences Castle has had.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote