HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Quietly Shopping for Top 6 Forward

Old
02-12-2013, 01:48 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Did Portzline tweet what teams were represented last night? That would certainly help give us some ideas of who might be in the market.

Bobby Ryan would potentially be Nash 2.0. He would be the new franchise player. A move like that would give us a lot of Americans on the team. Would make it very easy to relate to this team. JMFJ, Ryan, RJ, Cam, Boll, Wiz, Moore, Erixon, Dubi and Foligno. Team USA.
Bos, Car, Chi, Col, Det, Edm, Minn, Mon, Nash, NJ, NYR, OTT, Phil, Pitt, TB, Van and WPG.

02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Bos, Car, Chi, Col, Det, Edm, Minn, Mon, Nash, NJ, NYR, OTT, Phil, Pitt, TB, Van and WPG.
Interesting that there were that many Eastern Conference teams. If Brass and Umberger are available, these teams make a lot of sense. The Western Conference teams could be advance scouting. I highly doubt that Ryan is more than us speculating on this board.

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:04 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Interesting that there were that many Eastern Conference teams. If Brass and Umberger are available, these teams make a lot of sense. The Western Conference teams could be advance scouting. I highly doubt that Ryan is more than us speculating on this board.
There's a lot of talk about Philly sending two scouts out there. I think it's more to kick tires, because I don't see either team (CBJ,sj,Philly) being good trade partners.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I really don't want to see us trade any of those 3 first round picks.................yet. It is still quite possible that L.A. does not make the play-offs, which would give us two potential chances to gain the #1 pick in the lottery. The Rangers are a different story. They will make the play-offs, so I could be on board with moving that pick with some players as long as the return is worthy. It obviously doesn't make a **** bit of difference what I think, just sayin.

I agree with the speculation here that JD has probably got a handle on who he would be willing to part with.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:11 PM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

I also read somewhere today (I can't remember what site off hand) that it was thought a lot of the scouts were there to basically watch our gameplay since we're starting off on a long road trip, for what it's worth.

HoldFast13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:11 PM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

Of course that really doesn't explain why Eastern teams would be represented.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:15 PM
slightlystewpid420

Hmmmmm

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:16 PM
EDM

I have said a couple of times that RJ would be very interesting to a couple of different Eastern Conference teams. I still think that is the case, particularly Phillie and Pittsburgh.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:22 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
I really don't want to see us trade any of those 3 first round picks.................yet.
I want to see us use all 3 picks in the first round. We could move up or down slightly, but I want to see 3 first round picks.

On a separate note, ever time I see Winnipeg's name pop up I continue to get the feeling that Kane is in play. Not that I am advocating it for us, just that I don't think he will finish out his current contract as a Jet.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:23 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I have said a couple of times that RJ would be very interesting to a couple of different Eastern Conference teams. I still think that is the case, particularly Phillie and Pittsburgh.
Hasn't that shipped sailed already?

Old
02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I want to see us use all 3 picks in the first round. We could move up or down slightly, but I want to see 3 first round picks.

On a separate note, ever time I see Winnipeg's name pop up I continue to get the feeling that Kane is in play. Not that I am advocating it for us, just that I don't think he will finish out his current contract as a Jet.
I would be fine with only 2 picks if you they're both top 10. Especially if we already have a top 5 pick.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Roadman
Moving On

There was also another team on the ice.

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:35 PM
HoldFast13
DESTROY!!!!

Quote:

I would be on the fence with that one, I'm not sure if that would work out or be Jeff Carter 2.0, my first guess would be the latter.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
I would be fine with only 2 picks if you they're both top 10. Especially if we already have a top 5 pick.
That's what I am talking about. Two top 10 picks that could be NHL ready, and a proven NHL talent for the lower 1st round pick + players could go far in making this team much, much better next season.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Based on who I think Columbus would have drafted, I can see the following prospects being demanded from the two teams.

Beau Bennett (Pittsburgh)
Teddy Blueger (Pittsburgh)
Any of about 15 defenseman prospects (Pittsburgh), although I get the feeling that Derrick Pouliot was a target in last year's draft before he went 8th

Scott Laughton (Philadelphia)

Quote:

The feeling I've gotten is that Atlanta was just starting to implement a solid plan with Rick Dudley, and that after the move (and Dudley's firing) the new group is kind of floundering. I haven't seen anything that would suggest that they have an actual plan, and it seems to be this weird tug-of-war between the flowery sepia-toned days of the old Jets and the colder reality of the new ones.

Personally, I think Kane's issues are overblown. I don't think they're anything beyond what was happening 10, 20, 30, or 40 years ago, but the real difference is that in an age of social media (and in a city where this bizarre nostalgia exists that has taken the edge off what actually happened), it's a different story.

From Winnipeg, I see a lot of guys being in play for a couple of reasons. I think that anyone who's a larger personality will be moved, and I think that anyone who's struggling to find their way will be moved. So that's Kane, Hainsey, and possibly Byfuglien for the former, and Postma, Wright, and Burmistrov for the latter.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Personally, I think Kane's issues are overblown. I don't think they're anything beyond what was happening 10, 20, 30, or 40 years ago, but the real difference is that in an age of social media (and in a city where this bizarre nostalgia exists that has taken the edge off what actually happened), it's a different story.
Kane could very well could have softened his stance, which is possible for a guy of that age, but the rumors I was hearing went far beyond normal. Lord knows the Jets didn't get a bargain with his contract extension.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i would take either Kane for the right price...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
EspenK

If I am a gm of a playoff team, why would I want to trade a top 6 forward in the first place and more importantly what would I want from the Jackets that would tempt me to move one?

If I'm a non-playoff team I probably want draft choices and defensive prospects. Ii guess it depends on who is being dangled but unless it is one of the Edmonton guys or Kane or someone like that I'd pass.

Like others have said I don't want a federov type or a guy who is currently a third liner but would be top 6 for us.

I'm not sure this in the cards for a mid-season deal.

I guess I'd wait till the season is over, we see where the picks fall and see what is available.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:16 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
If I am a gm of a playoff team, why would I want to trade a top 6 forward in the first place and more importantly what would I want from the Jackets that would tempt me to move one?
If I have depth and I want a defensemen. I tend to agree with your overall conclusion, even if I don't necessarily agree with how you got there.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:18 PM
EspenK

Quote:
If I have depth and I want a defensemen. I tend to agree with your overall conclusion, even if I don't necessarily agree with how you got there.
I'll take it.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I'll take it.
I would. It is very scary how I get to my destinations.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
There was also another team on the ice.
Not only that, a team that should be a playoff contender, has a closing Stanley Cup competition window, has now lost 5 in a row and might be looking to shuffle things to get up and running again.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:40 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

Would I be surprised if #Flyers LW Jody Shelley made it back to the #CBJ before this season ends? No, I would not be surprised at all.

Heres the top 6 forward

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Nathan Gerbe to CBJ for a middle rd pick, you heard it here first

Me and a friend were tossing the idea around and it makes a ton of sense

Winroba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:53 PM