HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Homeland: Season 2

Old
12-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post

Anyway, still waiting on the Saul is a mole crowd to provide an explanation for why Saul authorized the hit on Nazir.
Not that I believe Saul is the mole ...but this is an easy one.

It was even explained in the last episode by Brody when he said Nazir dieing was the plan all along. That Carrie and the CIA would only relax their guard once they knew Nazir was dead. It's likely they had many different plans to blow up the CIA and kill Walden even after Nazir's death. Saul could have been part of the greater plot and wouldn't blow his cover for a hit on Nazir.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:41 AM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

If there is in fact a mole (lol at Saul...) maybe they took the impounded c4 to use in the car

Also as for how someone, if not a mole, moved his car maybe they killed CIA parking lot guards or something? just throwing it out there

Its been like 12 hours and the site is still covered with debris so all information would still be unknown, except the blast origin

Also did anyone actually see Galvez at the service? Would suck if he did die, I liked him. Also when he was shot at Gettysburg it was in the kidney region

Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Muh
Beadle

Don't have the link on me now, as I'm on my phone. But there was an interview with the writer (I believe) and he talked about this season, next season and the mole. If interested, it shouldn't be hard to find, but I will also post the link later today.

Muh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Skk82

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Not that I believe Saul is the mole ...but this is an easy one.

It was even explained in the last episode by Brody when he said Nazir dieing was the plan all along. That Carrie and the CIA would only relax their guard once they knew Nazir was dead. It's likely they had many different plans to blow up the CIA and kill Walden even after Nazir's death. Saul could have been part of the greater plot and wouldn't blow his cover for a hit on Nazir.
That doesn't make sense at all.

Nazir's plan was to kill Walden in a stealth manner, then Nazir offer himself as a sacrifice to drop the American's guard AND give a reason for Estes and other important people complicit in the drone attacks together (at a memorial) and then to strike in Nazir's typical high casualty, high attention way.

If the Americans take out Nazir in a sniper attack overseas before Roya's cell is setup, it's impossible for the terrorists to kill Walden (Nazir's primary enemy) and there is no chance for the big attack at CIA HQ.

With the way Nazir's death went down, he was in control and executed his plan. Had the US been on the offensive and took him out in an operation he didn't know about (as in if Brody never warned him) then Nazir would not have been in control and had no way to capatilize on his main goals which were to kill Walden, Estes and the other Americans most responsible for the drone strikes that killed Isa and other Muslims.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Pie O My

Here's one possible sub plot for season 3 -

Now that Saul is the acting head he starts to become like Estes (absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that), and Carrie now becomes the pain in the butt to Saul that Saul was to Estes.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
Here's one possible sub plot for season 3 -

Now that Saul is the acting head he starts to become like Estes (absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that), and Carrie now becomes the pain in the butt to Saul that Saul was to Estes.
I believe Saul was only the most senior person on the site at the time. Therefore, he won't be the acting head of the CIA once things normalize.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Just rewatched the finale, and when Carrie and Brody leave the ceremony to meet, Brody is actually shown walking outside. He walks by an area with red leaves all over the ground, and the same type of tree is shown by his car once he notices and tells Carrie it was moved.

Really makes me think more that it was him and he was just playing Carrie the whole time even more.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Just rewatched the finale, and when Carrie and Brody leave the ceremony to meet, Brody is actually shown walking outside. He walks by an area with red leaves all over the ground, and the same type of tree is shown by his car once he notices and tells Carrie it was moved.

Really makes me think more that it was him and he was just playing Carrie the whole time even more.
After reading your post I check it out too. You are correct by they kind of show Brody turning away from the building and walking beside it almost to show he stepped out a side door and back in a main entrance.

Not sure if this is proof Brody did it, but to me it sure is proof that they want to viewer to still suspect Brody as a possible suspect.

If he did it, why announce it to Carrie just before it happened?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
After reading your post I check it out too. You are correct by they kind of show Brody turning away from the building and walking beside it almost to show he stepped out a side door and back in a main entrance.

Not sure if this is proof Brody did it, but to me it sure is proof that they want to viewer to still suspect Brody as a possible suspect.

If he did it, why announce it to Carrie just before it happened?
I assume the only reason he would tell her beforehand was to make it more convincing that he didn't do it. I really don't know if he did, but you're right that they're making it unclear. Most people wouldn't even realize he walked outside and as a result he may have done it. He did seem really quiet and distraught when they were driving to the border, so who knows. I can see him playing here the entire time though and knowing Nazir's plan all along. He's ****ed up.

The more important piece of info was how did he get the C4 from the Gettsyburg shop? They never actually showed that; would they imply it though?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Thing is though, if he doesn't say anything Carrie wouldn't even know if his vehicle was involved or have any way to link him to it.

Either way, it's pretty clear they want to keep Brody's character in that grey area. Looking forward to the time the show returns, that's for sure.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:52 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Thing is though, if he doesn't say anything Carrie wouldn't even know if his vehicle was involved or have any way to link him to it.

Either way, it's pretty clear they want to keep Brody's character in that grey area. Looking forward to the time the show returns, that's for sure.
Is there an ETA on that?

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:20 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Is there an ETA on that?
Probably around the end of Sept or early Oct like when the first 2 seasons started.

Edit.. Just saw on IMDB that it will start again September 29th,2013 at 9pm Eastern time..

New Homeland Season 3 Official Premiere Date Finally Revealed.. http://www.imdb.com/news/ni44924845/

Quote:
New Homeland season 3 official premiere date finally revealed. According to Collider,Showtime finally dropped the official new premiere date for their upcoming "Homeland" season 3. It turns out that it's not returning in the Spring as was previously reported. Instead, it will debut on September 29th,2013 at 9pm eastern time on Showtime.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:20 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Thanks sheed36 i appreciate it!

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:

Except the CIA said early forensics showed that the blast came from Brody's car, so Carrie would have found out shortly after. If he didn't say anything and they didn't escape, he would have been immediately taken into custody.

But then again if he did, he probably would have had an escape plan without Carrie's help.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:04 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Did you watch any of the episode?

- Brody left with Carrie, it's not like he left to set the bomb off. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Carrie motion to leave before Brody?
- Saul was asked if he wanted to go. He was pretty much kicked out of the CIA, doubt he cared all that much. Who cares?
- Jessica said she wouldn't go because Brody was
- Quinn isn't even in the CIA, nor is he close to the VP.

You're just reaching like mad.
Saul wasn't exactly friendly with anyone at that gathering other than Carrie, so why bother going? No reason for him to be there and the burial-at-sea was much more important. It also closed a huge book on who he was chasing.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

I also hope that Brody's character is not featured all that much next season. I don't want the entire damn season to revolve around him in some Canadian forrest or on some boat.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:06 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
If there is in fact a mole (lol at Saul...) maybe they took the impounded c4 to use in the car
There is definitely a mole (there are moles in real life, even). But it's not Saul.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Saul wasn't exactly friendly with anyone at that gathering other than Carrie, so why bother going? No reason for him to be there and the burial-at-sea was much more important. It also closed a huge book on who he was chasing.
You're just supporting my argument lol.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
There is definitely a mole (there are moles in real life, even). But it's not Saul.
So basically you were just rewording what I said?

Mr Fahrenheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:52 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post
So basically you were just rewording what I said?
So basically you didn't know that I was just agreeing with you?

Old
06-15-2013, 04:13 AM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Just watched all 24 episodes in a week.

I don't know what to think of this show. At times, I've felt like it's the best show of the year by far, and then there's mid to end of Season 2, where I found myself a little disinterested in the capture story, or the love between Brody and Carrie. I hated that from the beginning.

Season 2, Episode 5 was my favorite episode of the series, and it's up there for all-time greats, IMO. Season 1, as a whole, was better.

Novak Djokovic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak Djokovic View Post

I don't know what to think of this show. At times, I've felt like it's the best show of the year by far, and then there's mid to end of Season 2, where I found myself a little disinterested in the capture story, or the love between Brody and Carrie. I hated that from the beginning.

Season 2, Episode 5 was my favorite episode of the series, and it's up there for all-time greats, IMO. Season 1, as a whole, was better.
Same.

And I don't think there's ever been a show with a main character I hate as much as Brody that I continued to watch.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 11:48 AM
fcpremix88

I felt like Brody made too quick a turn to loving Carrie. However, Damian Lewis does an amazing job of never being too suspicious. I want to say he blew the building up, but I'm curious to know how they'd keep this series going if he did.

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:

that's "Q&A" isn't it?

terrific acting. if it's anything these producers know how to do, it's interrogation/1 on 1 scenes.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2013, 12:58 AM
KingLB

Quote:

Yup first season was great stuff....second season...well disappointing. I wish they woulda went the Dexter route with a new "case" for Carrie to work on in Season 2. Or atleast resolved Brodie's this/last season. Now I am really worried about Season 3.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote