HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Howard Stern

Old
11-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Calling someone a hipster almost NEVER held any weight, IMO. The minute I hear someone use it I judge the crap out of them and write them off as an idiot.

I was never totally on board with what the guy thinks, but he used to have his moments and was a clever guy.

He's a complete sellout hack now, though, IMO. I heard a recent interview with him and he was playing up how he's matured, when really, it just sounded like he lost all the stubborn conviction that made him somewhat appealling in the first place.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Kyle Doobas*
#groovystats

vCash: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Yeah Fart Man was dumb. Showing his ass and farting in front of an MTV crowd back then was in bad taste. /sarcasm

What the **** did I just watch

Kyle Doobas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Alberta tough

Howard is the King. It will be a sad day when he retires.

Alberta tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Some caller just called KCBS during this Dorner shootout coverage and prank called them

Something for you all to fawn over

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
I'm not a Howard fan anymore but I was CNN hoping Captain Janks would get on.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:15 PM
buckridesagain*

Bump.

buckridesagain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Opie and Anthony?

Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Norm MacDonald

Howard Stern Birthday show is on right now. You can listen free:
http://www.howardstern.com/

Black Keys just played. Lots of other acts/interviews coming up

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

He's still relevant?

Old
01-31-2014, 06:46 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
He's still relevant?
Yes, and nobody cares about O&A because they are talentless hacks.

Old
01-31-2014, 06:50 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
Yes, and nobody cares about O&A because they are talentless hacks.
Wasn't aware he was still with SiriusXM. After all, he hasn't done a live show in so long.

Old
01-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
Wasn't aware he was still with SiriusXM. After all, he hasn't done a live show in so long.
He's doing one right now

Old
01-31-2014, 06:54 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
He's doing one right now
He still do his show from 6 to whenever every day? Seems when I put it on it's always best-of. I've heard the same bits so many times already!!!

Howard to me was never funny. Sure, he was a great interviewer, but he had funny people on. He never did anything funny. He wasn't the one prank calling the media, he wasn't the one prank calling Al Michaels, he wasn't the one telling hilarious jokes like Artie was. Seems that Howard isn't the same guy since he went to satellite. His marriage has just turned him into a whiny little guy complaining about how everyone is ripping him off on radio.

Some legend alright.

Old
01-31-2014, 07:10 PM
Norm MacDonald

Quote:
He still do his show from 6 to whenever every day? Seems when I put it on it's always best-of. I've heard the same bits so many times already!!!

Howard to me was never funny. Sure, he was a great interviewer, but he had funny people on. He never did anything funny. He wasn't the one prank calling the media, he wasn't the one prank calling Al Michaels, he wasn't the one telling hilarious jokes like Artie was. Seems that Howard isn't the same guy since he went to satellite. His marriage has just turned him into a whiny little guy complaining about how everyone is ripping him off on radio.

Some legend alright.
I question whether or not you've ever really listened. I mean, your criticisms don't make any sense and show that you only have derivative knowledge of the show. The prank calls are a very minor part of the show, but you listed it twice. And I think he mentioned O&A once ever, because they're beneath him.

Old
01-31-2014, 07:21 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

I used to be a fan, lost interest when he started doing AGT and lost Artie who I love and have seen do standup several times, I can't stand Robin so losing Artie really killed the show for me. I love O&A but I feel Ron and Fez are better than either of them.

Old
01-31-2014, 07:33 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

He was better on terrestrial radio. His decades long feud with the FCC was half the entertainment.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish please View Post
I used to be a fan, lost interest when he started doing AGT and lost Artie who I love and have seen do standup several times, I can't stand Robin so losing Artie really killed the show for me. I love O&A but I feel Ron and Fez are better than either of them.

Yaay!!! just wish East Side Dave came back.

Belamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2014, 09:34 PM
PanthersPens62
$325 Million Man

Happy 60th birthday to the King of all Media!

PanthersPens62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
I question whether or not you've ever really listened. I mean, your criticisms don't make any sense and show that you only have derivative knowledge of the show. The prank calls are a very minor part of the show, but you listed it twice. And I think he mentioned O&A once ever, because they're beneath him.
son i've been listening for years

everything i said was true

But hey, congrats to Howard on his birthday bash! It was the first time Howard 100 had something that wasn't a best of this year!

Old
02-01-2014, 08:34 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
He does AGT to stay relevant. After he couldn't wait to get away from the FCC, now he's on a network television show.

To his credit, none of the other guys do anything like that. But some people need to not pretend it's not about getting paid and getting ahead.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

He's such a sellout

Ugh

I mean I recognize the guy used to be an icon but he's not relevant anymore.

Old
02-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
O&A have started wearing on me lately. I haven't been listening to them much since December. Whenever I do turn them on lately they are in a commercial or the android app isn't working properly.

Ron & Fez is all Ronnie B. The guy is amazing. Fez brings him down. I haven't listened much since they switched channels & there isn't a replay so that makes it much harder. I know Fez's contract wasn't renewed when they made the move & he has until March or April to get his **** together. So I really have no idea what's been going on there.

Both shows have one thing in common in that they are striving to be better. I have grown tired of hearing O&A complain about how management doesn't have their back. It's obvious they never will either, & that this is how it is. It has sucked for them since the merger & they haven't been able to be creative & no doubt that has everything to do with Stern being a ****** bag because he can't play with other nicely in the sand box. That being Said Ron & Fez have seemingly been able to fly under Sterns radar & get things done in addition to the regular show like Ronnie B interviews, Unmasked, the IB wire & now the move to Raw Dog.

SO either R&F have found a nice niche that stern doesn't feel threatened by, or they just know how to play the game better than O&A, OR O&A have become so lazy that it's easier for them to complain about things not getting done because deep down they are comfortable & don't want to get things done.

I don't think R&F are better than O&A, they are different in their approach & style.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Pfft Stern bashes any other radio show that isn't his as a "ripoff", as if he is the only one allowed to have a radio show. Ignore his empty threats.

O&A have every right to complain about management, but that's a story for another thread.

Old
02-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post

Ron & Fez is all Ronnie B. The guy is amazing. Fez brings him down. I haven't listened much since they switched channels & there isn't a replay so that makes it much harder. I know Fez's contract wasn't renewed when they made the move & he has until March or April to get his **** together. So I really have no idea what's been going on there.

I agree. When I first heard Ron and Fez, right when they went to XM Fez was great as was Ron. Now Fez is a complete bog down and I have not listened for a few months and I did not even know they are off the O&A channel until just now.

Ron is amazing and he should bring back Eastside Dave as his co-host and get rid of Fez. I loved Fez 6 years+ ago but his act just tiresome now and un-listenable (I am sure he is a multi-multi millionare and should get help). Still love Ronnie B and his other shows though.

Belamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 03:36 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

Yeah Fez's contract ends in April and if they stick to what they said they would do in December I can't see it being renewed. I'm hoping for a Ron/ESD/Pepper show with a bit of Classic Shelb thrown in there.