HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Staal

Old
02-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Affinity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Carolina, over NYC? Come on
I wouldn't really be surprised if Marc Staal preferred to live in a place like NC over NYC to be honest.

That's not to say I think he'll book it to Carolina first chance he gets. I think he'll stay because he's got a great thing here and he's not in anyone's shadow. Staal is one of the leaders on our team and a huge part of our homegrown revival.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

We really have no way of knowing where Staal's head is at with where his brothers are. However, at some point we're going to have to let one Staal, McDonagh or Girardi go due to cap reasons. (AKA, why Dylan McIlrath and Brady Skjei are extremely important members of our organization). Would anyone really be surprised to see it be Staal?

Also, speaking of Staal and the Carolinas. Random thought occurred to me today. If McIlrath is called up and plays in one of our games against the Canes, there's a distinct possibility we will see a game with our top picks from 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 on the ice. Every year except for last and Cherry.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I still think he's the best D-man this team has, even with McD's excellent 2011-12 season.

I think Marc has found his niche rather nicely on this team. I never like the point that, "Well Jordan did it". Marc isn't Jordan.
He definitely is playing better because he is obviously healthier than last year. However, I still don't understand why he ends up in a prone position on the ice at times during a game(like last nite) with his stick flailing away at the puck.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Let's win a Cup with Staal before his contract is up and worry about him leving afterwards. Sounds lke a plan to me.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:15 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
We really have no way of knowing where Staal's head is at with where his brothers are. However, at some point we're going to have to let one Staal, McDonagh or Girardi go due to cap reasons. (AKA, why Dylan McIlrath and Brady Skjei are extremely important members of our organization). Would anyone really be surprised to see it be Staal?

Also, speaking of Staal and the Carolinas. Random thought occurred to me today. If McIlrath is called up and plays in one of our games against the Canes, there's a distinct possibility we will see a game with our top picks from 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 on the ice. Every year except for last and Cherry.

I'd be surprised if it's not Girardi. A player like him tends to regress rather quickly simply because of the way he plays.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote