HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 04:49 PM
  #101
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Why do we need another puck moving d man? We already have Karlsson, Gonchar, Wiercioch and Benoit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
I thought Erixon projected more as a 2 way dman. That, and Gonchar is gone after this year, and Benoit is more of a stop gap.
Pretty much this ^.

Someone is going to sign Benoit next year, I do not think it is going to be Ottawa.

Erixon is a very talented player that will has top 4 potential. Bringing Erixon over is not to play him this year, but more likely next.

In a few years we could be looking at this after Phillips is retired.

Cowen/Karlsson
Erixon/Wiercioch
Methot/Ceci

Qward is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
  #102
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,981
vCash: 500
Erixon forced the Flames to trade him to the Rangers

I want no part of a kid that does stuff like that (and no, Turris did not force Phoenix to trade him to Ottawa: wanting out is different than forcing a trade to a specific team)

Do Make Say Think is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
  #103
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Erixon forced the Flames to trade him to the Rangers

I want no part of a kid that does stuff like that (and no, Turris did not force Phoenix to trade him to Ottawa: wanting out is different than forcing a trade to a specific team)
Erixon refused to sign with Calgary. Same thing Schultz did with the Ducks. Difference being Calgary got 2 picks and a prospect by trading him to a team they knew he would sign with while the Ducks got squat by not trading his rights and letting him walk as a free agent.

Qward is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:02 PM
  #104
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,756
vCash: 500
I have not heard that Erixon said 'trade me to New York', only that he didn't like Calgary because they had too many big contracts on the backend and he was afraid he'd get buried in the AHL if he took a 2-way contract.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:08 PM
  #105
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,981
vCash: 500
Those were some of the stories going around at the time

If Erixon wasn't being a **** then disregard my previous hearsay based post

Do Make Say Think is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:08 PM
  #106
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,024
vCash: 500
This is what I found by a writer online.

Quote:
Tim Erixon refused to sign with Calgary because he did not think the Flames gave young players a chance to crack their lineup. GM Jay Feaster reassured Erixon and his agent that the Flames would allow him to return to Europe if he failed to make the team but that was not good enough so Feaster had to deal him to avoid losing him altogether as Erixon would have gone back into the Entry Draft
So it looks like I was a little off with the Schultz comparison.

Qward is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:24 PM
  #107
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
I'd do that if we could sign Perry to an extension
Yeah I definitely meant with an extension. Don't know if Anaheim would bite though

mat_sens is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
  #108
KarlssonnSchultz
Registered User
 
KarlssonnSchultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Do you guys think that something around:

Michalek, Greening, 1st for Perry, Sbisa would be close?

I like Greening as much as the next guy but I don't think he'll be an important player with our current core of players and prospects ( I see Stone taking his position as the versatile any line guy). We also add somebody for our third pairing this year and in the future.

I'd then go with this lineup next year:

Zbad-Spezza-Perry
FA(Depending on Alfie)-Turris-Silf
Stone-Smith-Neil
Condra-O'brien-Anyone

Karlsson Methot
Phillips Sbisa
Cowen Wiercioch

Anderson
Lehner

KarlssonnSchultz is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
  #109
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,726
vCash: 500
Perry will test free agency or sign with the Ducks. You're not getting a signed Perry, that's just not within the realm of possibility. And while Anaheim is a top team in the West, they're not going to trade him.

Murray should be able to offer him the contract he's looking for and perhaps we become an attractive team to sign with, with Anderson, Karlsson and Spezza being 3 major components to a contender. Major missing piece is a finishing winger, whom Perry happens to be. This will have to take place on July 5th though.


Last edited by FolignoQuantumLeap: 02-12-2013 at 05:51 PM.
FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
  #110
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
With the Erixon thing, the official party line would remain what is stated above but I'm pretty certain it was set up for him to go to the Rangers.

Players don't realize they will be in tough to crack the team that close to the deadline, either. He was forcing their hand.

sg58 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:57 PM
  #111
KarlssonnSchultz
Registered User
 
KarlssonnSchultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Perry will test free agency or sign with the Ducks. You're not getting a signed Perry, that's just not within the realm of possibility. And while Anaheim is a top team in the West, they're not going to trade him.

Murray should be able to offer him the contract he's looking for and perhaps we become an attractive team to sign with, with Anderson, Karlsson and Spezza being 3 major components to a contender. Major missing piece is a finishing winger, whom Perry happens to be. This will have to take place on July 5th though.
How much would you offer him as a free agent?

KarlssonnSchultz is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:59 PM
  #112
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlssonnSchultz View Post
How much would you offer him as a free agent?
What ever he wants.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:03 PM
  #113
QuattroFTW
Registered User
 
QuattroFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
What ever he wants.
I'd offer him something like 3 years 17.5 million. That's just under 6 million a year and is pretty reasonable. I'm sure Anaehim would be willing to offer just as much though.

QuattroFTW is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:08 PM
  #114
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuattroFTW View Post
I'd offer him something like 3 years 17.5 million. That's just under 6 million a year and is pretty reasonable. I'm sure Anaehim would be willing to offer just as much though.
Is this sarcasm? I'm actually not trying to be rude for once. Perry will get the 7 year max and at least 7.5M on the open market. He would be the best free agent to hit the market since Chara.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:17 PM
  #115
KarlssonnSchultz
Registered User
 
KarlssonnSchultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Is this sarcasm? I'm actually not trying to be rude for once. Perry will get the 7 year max and at least 7.5M on the open market. He would be the best free agent to hit the market since Chara.
I've been reading here for years, and I'm glad you added the bolded .

And when it comes to Perry, you gave the answer I was expecting. He's 27 years old, he's easily worth the 7 year contract. We also have the cap space. I'd offer him 7 years 8-8.5 mill without a NTC, and 7 years 7.5 with one.

KarlssonnSchultz is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM
  #116
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,211
vCash: 500
My guess is that the Ducks trade Ryan to Philly at the deadline or more likely at the draft for a 1st rounder which should give them enough cap space to re-sign both Getzlaf & Perry.

aragorn is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:41 PM
  #117
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
My guess is that the Ducks trade Ryan to Philly at the deadline or more likely at the draft for a 1st rounder which should give them enough cap space to re-sign both Getzlaf & Perry.
Bobby Ryan to Philadelphia? The Flyers need help on the backend, not upfront

Do Make Say Think is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:10 PM
  #118
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Bobby Ryan to Philadelphia? The Flyers need help on the backend, not upfront
Oh boy, do they ever. That defense is a mess. Decent NHL dmen like Grossman and Coburn look absolutely lost right now in their own end. I thought they'd get by without Pronger and Mezsaros for the short term. I can't help but think Peter Laviolette's job is on the line.

As for them acquiring Ryan, that just doesn't make a ton of sense. Their cap is already tight enough that they'll have to move one or two Coburn, Grossman, Schenn(x2), Hartnell or Voracek's salaries. They also have to keep enough room to pay Giroux who will need a new contract after next season. That just doesn't seem like it would be possible if they want to keep some of their core players around.

Plus, a contending team, like Anaheim appears to be early on, isn't going to be moving their core pieces.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:12 PM
  #119
Johnny Hanson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Apparantly colorado is looking for either silfverberg or zibanejad for o'reilly

Johnny Hanson is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:15 PM
  #120
KarlssonnSchultz
Registered User
 
KarlssonnSchultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Oh boy, do they ever. That defense is a mess. Decent NHL dmen like Grossman and Coburn look absolutely lost right now in their own end. I thought they'd get by without Pronger and Mezsaros for the short term. I can't help but think Peter Laviolette's job is on the line.

As for them acquiring Ryan, that just doesn't make a ton of sense. Their cap is already tight enough that they'll have to move one or two Coburn, Grossman, Schenn(x2), Hartnell or Voracek's salaries. They also have to keep enough room to pay Giroux who will need a new contract after next season. That just doesn't seem like it would be possible if they want to keep some of their core players around.

Plus, a contending team, like Anaheim appears to be early on, isn't going to be moving their core pieces.
Yeah, at this point I could see Anaheim moving one of their D prospects for a flyers forward if anything.

KarlssonnSchultz is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:15 PM
  #121
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hanson View Post
Apparantly colorado is looking for either silfverberg or zibanejad for o'reilly
Man that's a tough call... The value is there but both of them have been excellent...

Do Make Say Think is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:16 PM
  #122
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,572
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hanson View Post
Apparantly colorado is looking for either silfverberg or zibanejad for o'reilly
I would consider this hugely. ROR is unreal and proven.

WasTeD is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:16 PM
  #123
Icelevel
Best Players Play
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hanson View Post
Apparantly colorado is looking for either silfverberg or zibanejad for o'reilly
no, not today colo

Icelevel is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:19 PM
  #124
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Hanson View Post
Apparantly colorado is looking for either silfverberg or zibanejad for o'reilly
This seems like something someone might have a source for...

BonkTastic is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:21 PM
  #125
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,981
vCash: 500
If it's true that Colorado is looking to do straight up Silfverberg/Zibanejad for Ryan O'Reilly then it should be a no brainer for Murray: you pull the trigger on something like that.
It sucks having to let go a prospect that has been awesome but the return would be worth it

Do Make Say Think is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.