HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 12: Ducks (8-2-1) @ 'Hawks (10-0-2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 04:36 PM
  #26
Theridion
Registered User
 
Theridion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 500
Ducks winless streak was 14 to start the season in 07? Hawks right behind that? Its a win - win for the ducks. Protect the history book.

Theridion is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:39 PM
  #27
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,354
vCash: 500
Er. Unbeaten streak. And it was 16 (12-0-4).

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:39 PM
  #28
Sirquacksalot
¡Viva Los Patos!
 
Sirquacksalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Mojave
Posts: 5,020
vCash: 500
Smilodon Californicus would totally destroy Tullimonstrum Gregarium.

Sirquacksalot is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:41 PM
  #29
0ilerman
The King
 
0ilerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Capital City
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,948
vCash: 500
Who's expected to get the start in net for the Ducks?

0ilerman is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:43 PM
  #30
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,354
vCash: 500
Fasth.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:49 PM
  #31
DuckJet
Road Rash
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 38,454
vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ilerman View Post
Who's expected to get the start in net for the Ducks?
Hiller isn't back yet and I think Boudreau trusts JDD as far as he can throw him. Fasth. Time for him to "bounce back"

DuckJet is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
  #32
DuckJet
Road Rash
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 38,454
vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
hello thread! hows it hanging!? been a while since put prints here!

I see no koivu w selanne an ryan tonight? koivu is a great player, made ryan,selanne to their top last game .. koivu!

everyboty..please put THICKEST GLASSES on sbisa an lydman tonight. time to have some cristisism on false moves , action an adventuring ..

i have a feeling some dudes coming away too easily. dude like vatanen is a player who can has adventures here and there cos he CAN an successes w his atletics. ..see no success in action if adventures wrong directed and mr bean in KEEROLE.. see ya

EENOK Hockeyprofessor ,IL,Finland
If you think Lydman and Sbisa are making mistakes then it's blind homerism preventing you from seeing even worse mistakes from Vatanen.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:52 PM
  #33
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs
 
davidy2d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
If Perry was ever looking for a night to break out tonight would be a good start. Though Friday wouldn't be so bad either.

davidy2d is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:53 PM
  #34
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
If Perry was ever looking for a night to break out tonight would be a good start. Though Friday wouldn't be so bad either.
I'm looking forward to Friday! The Wings look pretty beatable for once.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:04 PM
  #35
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs
 
davidy2d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
I'm looking forward to Friday! The Wings look pretty beatable for once.
Let's hope. Absolutely loathe Detroit.

davidy2d is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:09 PM
  #36
duckhead32686
Cup4Saku
 
duckhead32686's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Habra, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to duckhead32686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
In honor of our game being in chicago i may crusie down to tonys pizza, i know theyll be showing the game, i remember watching chicago vs philly game 6 there.

Best chicago style pizza in the oc.
Tony's pizza in Placentia? If that's the one you're talking about I 2nd it being the best Chicago style pizza in Orange County. I'll be at the watch party at Wingstop, anyone else going?

duckhead32686 is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:13 PM
  #37
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,390
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenok View Post
hello thread! hows it hanging!? been a while since put prints here!

I see no koivu w selanne an ryan tonight? koivu is a great player, made ryan,selanne to their top last game .. koivu!

everyboty..please put THICKEST GLASSES on sbisa an lydman tonight. time to have some cristisism on false moves , action an adventuring ..

i have a feeling some dudes coming away too easily. dude like vatanen is a player who can has adventures here and there cos he CAN an successes w his atletics. ..see no success in action if adventures wrong directed and mr bean in KEEROLE.. see ya

EENOK Hockeyprofessor ,IL,Finland
Every player makes mistakes, eenok. If that's all you're looking for, that's all you'll see. The question isn't whether they make mistakes, it's whether their overall play makes up for those mistakes, or if it makes them a liability.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:14 PM
  #38
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 9,354
vCash: 500
I love Tony's! But it's kind of a small place, and crowded, dunno if watching a game there would be all that fun.

And it really is the best pizza in OC. There's a better one in So Cal, but it's out in the ass/desert end of Riverside (can't think of the name off the top of my head anymore).

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
  #39
DuckJet
Road Rash
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 38,454
vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
If Perry was ever looking for a night to break out tonight would be a good start. Though Friday wouldn't be so bad either.
The sooner the better. If he's breaking out that means he'll be a threat to score Friday too.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:28 PM
  #40
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckhead32686 View Post
Tony's pizza in Placentia? If that's the one you're talking about I 2nd it being the best Chicago style pizza in Orange County. I'll be at the watch party at Wingstop, anyone else going?
That would be the one, i was going to go to wing stop, but tonys is like a min away wingstop is like 20mins.

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:40 PM
  #41
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18,768
vCash: 500
I have a feeling this will be a close game, nobody is giving us a chance as usual

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:51 PM
  #42
TesseracT
Manson's Carnage
 
TesseracT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,911
vCash: 500
Welp, last night sucked. Glad I get to watch a team managed by people who care about winning tonight.

GO DUCKS!!!!

TesseracT is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 05:58 PM
  #43
KeepItDeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
If I'm not mistaken, the Peregrine Falcon used to be called the Duck Hawk because it eats ducks (same reason why chicken hawks have that name).

So with all due respect, isn't it bad karma to start this GDT with a Peregrine, since those kind of hawks (falcons) are actually predators of ducks?


Last edited by KeepItDeep: 02-12-2013 at 06:07 PM.
KeepItDeep is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:07 PM
  #44
Fighter
Legend
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Trieste, Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 7,630
vCash: 500
Well, hell of a matchup with a red hot team.

Go Ducks!

Fighter is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:08 PM
  #45
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,390
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItDeep View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the Peregrine Falcon used to be called the Duck Hawk because it eats ducks (same reason why chicken hawks have that name).

So with all due respect, isn't it bad karma to start this GDT with a Duck Hawk?
You're right, that the Peregrine Falcon eats ducks(as well as other birds), but unless I'm very much mistaken, the Blackhawks are named after a military unit. That military unit was, themselves, named after a Native American Chief who was local to that area.

Edit: And despite the name, a falcon and a hawk are different sub-species.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:14 PM
  #46
KeepItDeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
You're right, that the Peregrine Falcon eats ducks(as well as other birds), but unless I'm very much mistaken, the Blackhawks are named after a military unit. That military unit was, themselves, named after a Native American Chief who was local to that area.
That's my understanding as well.

But I still don't understand the parallel of the Duck Hawk with our chances tonight, apart from getting eaten alive.

What am I missing?

KeepItDeep is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:15 PM
  #47
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,825
vCash: 500
I see they called up Guenin. I don't think we'll be seeing Cam on this road trip.

Exit Dose is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:17 PM
  #48
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,390
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItDeep View Post
That's my understanding as well.

But I still don't understand the parallel of the Duck Hawk with our chances tonight, apart from getting eaten alive.

What am I missing?
Nothing. It doesn't belong. It looks cool though.

If Anaheim loses, we can blame Sirquacksalot for the picture of the duck eating falcon. For all we know, that's the remains of a duck beneath it's talons.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:18 PM
  #49
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,390
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I see they called up Guenin. I don't think we'll be seeing Cam on this road trip.
It's a shame too. Fowler is exactly the kind of player we should have against a speedy team like Chicago. Hope the kid gets healthy soon.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 06:20 PM
  #50
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
I approve of these lines.
Yah that Etem line looks really good! Nice job BB

Ducksgo* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.