Notices

Jersey rebranding

Old
02-10-2013, 05:27 PM
thereturn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooboy View Post
Explain to me how this is ridiculous? Selanne was a jet it's a jets jersey. Bridges past and present makes perfect sense.

More sense than the hawerchuk 'Yotes jersey hanging in the rafters in Glendale.
Agreed, I too have no problem with it. Personally I'd rather have a current player, but the odd retro player on current jerseys that I've seen look alright. Might have something to do with the jerseys looking so slick in general.

thereturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:37 PM
BigZ65

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1g View Post
I hope the guy with the Jets 2.0 home jersey with Selanne's name and number is reading this thread. You look ridiculous. Go ahead and pay the $80 to get yourself into a jersey that makes sense.
I saw a guy with that jersey, but it was a really bad fake.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereturn View Post
Agreed, I too have no problem with it. Personally I'd rather have a current player, but the odd retro player on current jerseys that I've seen look alright. Might have something to do with the jerseys looking so slick in general.
I would understand if it were a Jets 1.0 jersey, but Selanne has never played for Jets 2.0.

It's like the idiots in Vancouver who have a Bure #10 in their new jerseys. Guy never wore that particular jersey.

I'm thinking about getting my Kane jersey changed. My gut was to go with Wheeler and he sucked at the beginning of last year so I got Kane instead. Don't know what I was thinking since Kane isn't my favourite player on the Jets. Wasn't even my favourite Giant when he played junior. Although I have a Burmistrov jersey too so it does even out. I decided too quickly for my jersey. Usually I take my time with deciding who gets on the back of my jerseys. After finally deciding to get a new Canucks jersey (Have an old whale with Ohlund on the back) it took me months to decide to go with Kesler (razz me all you want. Yes he dives, but he plays with heart & soul every dang game) . Same with my Pens jersey (went with Malkin)

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:09 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in the Bigs View Post
Yeah, I got my Bogo #4 last year and then he switches to 44. It is the pro stitch so maybe I'll take it in and have them take off the 4's and recenter the numbers on back and sleeves with 2 #4's..... as OP wondered, I hope doing so doesn't damage the sweater... but at least I don't have to change the name
Why change it. I also got a #4 Bogosian home jersey with the inaugural patch. Him changing his number is just another opportunity to get an away with #44. You own a little bit of history keep it.

Same goes for the OT. You are one of a handful of people with a Glass jersey. Just keep it and wear it proudly.

Last edited by KingBogo: 02-10-2013 at 07:27 PM.
KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:31 PM
HockeyAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Why change it. I also got a #4 Bogosian home jersey with the inaugural patch. Him changing his number is just another opportunity to get an away with #44. You own a little bit of history keep it.

Same goes for the OT. You are one of a handful of people with a Glass jersey. Just keep it and wear it proudly.
I do love my Glass jersey and am still wearing it. I got it signed last season to so I have gone back and forth with whether or not I want to change it. Definitely airing on the side of no now. Will probably just use it as an excuse to get a new one next season!

HockeyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Yeah, true enuff...My # 4 does have the inaugural patch too, so it is technically and historically correct - just saved myself 80 bucks

Back in the Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Prot

vCash: 100
Quote:
I hope the guy with the Jets 2.0 home jersey with Selanne's name and number is reading this thread. You look ridiculous. Go ahead and pay the $80 to get yourself into a jersey that makes sense.
I sit not too far from that guy. When I first saw it I thought 'cool'. I actually thought it was his wishful thinking interpreted on the jersey, especially if he got it when all the talk heated up on that awesome night when Teemu came to town, just after Carlye got canned.

Great night btw. Anyway, seeing that jersey instantly made me think, I wish that was a guy we could get...guess I'm nostalgic but I thought the jersey was ok.

Prot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Lomac

vCash: 315
I've seen a Gretzky Jets 2.0 jersey lol

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:49 AM
StronGeer
Hopeful Fleecer

If it was me, and I bought a Bogo #4 jersey last year, and if it had the inaugural season patch on it, I'd like to keep it that way. Shows you were a fan in the first year (although who wasnt?) and it will help separate the real Jets fans from the not so die-hard ones, as the die hards will know Bogo used to wear #4.

StronGeer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Why would anyone question someone about who they have on their jersey? 4th line GST or not, is there a rule that you must only have a superstar's numbers on your back? I think it's cool.

My wife has a Stuart jersey. She likes him. That's all... and I think it's great! She considered Slater. She likes the underdog. I wear Enstrom. I like Luke Skywalker and smurfs and players with sick flow. Everybody has their reasons.

As for a Selanne on a Jets 2.0... that's a whole other discussion.

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Hawker14

For $300 a pop, get whoever you want.

I can understand a Selanne 2.0, think it's cool, but Gretzky destroyed the Jets as a player, and talked S**t against our city while with the Coyotes.

A Gretzky "Jets" jersey is offensive.

Might as well follow the Canadiens and Canucks, the TWO Canadian teams who voted against the Jets 1.0 joining the NHL.

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

IMHO as long as it's a licensed replica or authentic, put whatever you want on it, have fun.

Knock-offs IMHO look awful no matter what's on the back. Colors off, bubbly letters and logo, bad spacing of stripes, odd stitching. They look terrible even from a distance, and not only that your cash probably went to supporting a sweat shop and criminal activity instead of TNSE. I'd rather you wore the free Jets t-shirt you got from signing up for a credit card.

Turbofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Quote:
I've seen a few Hawerchuck jerseys with the 90's style when he never wore it. Its a bit silly but oh well.

Its not as bad as peopel who get jerseys made of other teams players. Liek a Gretzky 99 Habs jersey.

cheswick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:46 PM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
All I can say is someone with a Selanne Jets 2.0 jersey is probably loving life a lot more than someone moaning about him wearing that jersey.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
All I can say is someone with a Selanne Jets 2.0 jersey is probably loving life a lot more than someone moaning about him wearing that jersey.
Disagree. I've seen that guy and that jersey and I truly enjoy mocking both.

I also laugh heartily at the Fail compliations on youtube for similar reasons.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:16 PM
darksociety

Jersey politics.

Reminds me of teenagers arguing over whether it's okay to wear a band shirt to their show.

darksociety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:43 PM
HannuJ

vCash: 367
the first question one has to ask is why a grown man wants to walk around with someone else's name and number on his back.
then ask: is it even more strange to put your own last name on an NHL replica jersey?

if i wore a jersey, the name and # would totally be out of irony.
i have a replica jets jersey i wear to hockey. i wear 23 for good ol' Hanuu Jaarvenpas.

HannuJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

This makes me laugh. You spent the money on the jersey, put whatever you damn well want on it.

That settles it. I was holding off putting "Brogosian" on the back of my jersey because I thought people would think it's a typo, but I just don't care any more. Live a little!!!

02-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogistewart View Post
the first question one has to ask is why a grown man wants to walk around with someone else's name and number on his back.
then ask: is it even more strange to put your own last name on an NHL replica jersey?

if i wore a jersey, the name and # would totally be out of irony.
i have a replica jets jersey i wear to hockey. i wear 23 for good ol' Hanuu Jaarvenpas.
Hopefully you didn't spell it like that on the back of the jersey

Jet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:25 PM
ghost88*

People that wear fake jerseys piss me off, other than that.. I really don't care.

ghost88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Beazley
In Lozenge We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
This makes me laugh. You spent the money on the jersey, put whatever you damn well want on it.

That settles it. I was holding off putting "Brogosian" on the back of my jersey because I thought people would think it's a typo, but I just don't care any more. Live a little!!!
Agreed, but "Brogosian" is about 17 million times cooler than a Selanne 2.0. Most, if not all, would know it was a joke and not a typo. For the non-player named customized jersey, that is an outstanding jersey.

"Hey, check out that BROgosian jersey, dude"

Chuckle.

Old
02-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Hmm. I'm Asian, so maybe here is my opportunity to put 'Bro Asian' on my jersey. Number 88 of course. Double lucky!

Turbofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Brian Cadle Fan

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
^^^^^^^^ This.

If you get wound up about what someone puts on the back of their Jersey, you need some real things to be upset about.

Kind of makes me want to get a #85 Stegall Jets jersey

Brian Cadle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Repoman

I would like to get a road white jersey and am thinking about a "Little" jersey just because I think it would be funny seeing a 6'6" 300lbs dude wearing a jersey that says "Little"

Repoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Lux Aurumque*

I learned this lesson in desperation on trade deadline day in 2008.

I had a white Enstrom Thrashers jersey, and my favorite forward on the team was Pascal Dupuis, so I decided to get his name on it. A couple days after I sent it out, Idiot Waddell traded Dupuis to Pittsburgh as a throw-in for the Hossa trade.

Needless to say, I called the creating company in desperation, and they asked which name I wanted instead. I said the first name that came to mind....

Eric ****ing Perrin

I could have gone with Slava Kozlov, one of Atlanta's all-time most loved players. I could have gone with Mark Recchi, a guaranteed HOF'er (The only Thrasher that will ever get that honour). Other options included Little, Kovalchuk, Hedberg, Lehtonen or Slater...but I chose Eric ****ing Perrin...

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote