HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best road venue to watch Pens

Old
02-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Erz8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques G View Post
I'd like to see them at Winnipeg, simply because Jets fans are actually alive at their games.
Just purchased 2 tickets for my gf and I for the 15th vs the Jets. Absolutly pumped!

Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 05:57 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erz8771 View Post
Just purchased 2 tickets for my gf and I for the 15th vs the Jets. Absolutly pumped!
Hopefully you'll get to see Deryk Engelland and Chris Thorburn drop the gloves.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:05 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Only been to Philly and Washington. Both very fun.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 06:56 PM
BmxHockey

I've seen the Pens twice each vs Ducks and Kings. They split both. Those losses were painful leaving those arenas.

BmxHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Zags91

Been to a couple games in Columbus. There is always a huge turnout of Pens fans and it's a very nice arena.

Zags91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:42 PM
JTG

I like Columbus because you can turn it into an event. There's a ton of stuff to do around the arena, so you can get a bite to eat at 4:30 or 5, have some cocktails, walk into the arena, watch the game, walk out, have a few cocktails and some bar food, then go home. Really nice set up. I hope we can get an arena district like that.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

United Center is great if you can get decent tickets. They have always sold out quick for the Penguins.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 10:54 PM
PittPenguin

I've only been to Philly so far. The arena is pretty old-looking to me. It wasn't so bad though.

The fans actually didn't give me much trouble. This six year old kid kept swearing and flicking me off after every Pens goal but he's the only person there who gave me any trouble.

PittPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 09:01 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I like Columbus because you can turn it into an event. There's a ton of stuff to do around the arena, so you can get a bite to eat at 4:30 or 5, have some cocktails, walk into the arena, watch the game, walk out, have a few cocktails and some bar food, then go home. Really nice set up. I hope we can get an arena district like that.
It's why I love going to games down there. I usually stop at a little breakfast type place down there, walk right into the arena afterwards. It'd be nice to see Pittsburgh develop a Arena District like the one here.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Super Sniper Cele

Send a message via AIM to Super Sniper Cele
I've seen the Pens play in about 10 different arenas over the past few years and the only thing I can say for sure is that every single one of them has a much better crowd and atmosphere than Consol.

It's sad, really.

Super Sniper Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:07 PM
goosecrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by turd View Post
Florida's rink is very nice, parking is free, tickets are very cheap, and you can sit anywhere you want.
Parking is now $20. It is a very nice arena and yes people sit wherever they want....which pisses off us season ticket holders.

goosecrosby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
I've only been to two non-Pittsburgh arenas so far and they were both dumps with phenomenal atmosphere. Staples & Honda will likely come next season since I'm trying not to spend any money on the NHL this season outside of GameCenter...but I'm going to try to make it to Jobing.com Arena just in case it's my last chance. I still haven't seen the Penguins play outside of Pittsburgh.

The Saddledome is a dump. Part of it has to do with the fact that we were way up there, right at the same level as the actual ring of fire (which was awesome). The fans were pretty unwelcoming to outsiders, even though we were rooting for the Flames at the game. Once a few of us re-clothed in Flames stuff they warmed up.

Rexall is even dumpier...it has fewer than no thrills and the concourses are just sad...but the fan atmosphere was amazing, and extremely welcoming. The team was awful, but the fans didn't seem to care. The Oilers became my 'western team' because of my experience there (and the fact that a group of Edmonton's best looking wound up buying us beers after the game).

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:26 PM
JTG

I have honestly never been to a game at Consol where I thought the crowd was as bad as some say. I will say though, the dynamic is a ton different than Mellon...a ton. But I never thought the crowd was silent like some say here, or that t hey aren't into the game. I still believe that Root changes the sound dynamics of the game, and turns the on ice sounds up, and the crowd volume down.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Ugene Malkin
Pens Bohemian Rhaps

My only game outside of Pittsburgh was the, Aud in Buffalo. Demolished in 2009. Bench seating.

I need to make trips around, but work, kids, money, make it impossible.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:34 PM
JTG

What's hilarious is that the games in Columbus, the most raucous of Pens fans go and suck up pretty much every ticket. Those are the people that used to get into Mellon, but can't afford tickets anymore. The game I went to in Columbus a few years ago, the Pens fans stole that arena.

Old
02-12-2013, 03:48 PM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I've only been to two non-Pittsburgh arenas so far and they were both dumps with phenomenal atmosphere. Staples & Honda will likely come next season since I'm trying not to spend any money on the NHL this season outside of GameCenter...but I'm going to try to make it to Jobing.com Arena just in case it's my last chance. I still haven't seen the Penguins play outside of Pittsburgh.

The Saddledome is a dump. Part of it has to do with the fact that we were way up there, right at the same level as the actual ring of fire (which was awesome). The fans were pretty unwelcoming to outsiders, even though we were rooting for the Flames at the game. Once a few of us re-clothed in Flames stuff they warmed up.

Rexall is even dumpier...it has fewer than no thrills and the concourses are just sad...but the fan atmosphere was amazing, and extremely welcoming. The team was awful, but the fans didn't seem to care. The Oilers became my 'western team' because of my experience there (and the fact that a group of Edmonton's best looking wound up buying us beers after the game).
Only been to one outside of Pitts and it was at Jobing in Phoenix. Great arena but really not near much plus I had long drive from Chandler area so could not explore area much. Great place to watch a game.

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Candyman

I went to a game at Scott trade center in St. Louis last season, sat 5 rows from the glass for $70 a ticket and felt like i was surrounded by Pens fans. Never got any harrassment or anything in poor taste. Was a great experience, but nothing beats Consol

Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:52 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
What's hilarious is that the games in Columbus, the most raucous of Pens fans go and suck up pretty much every ticket. Those are the people that used to get into Mellon, but can't afford tickets anymore. The game I went to in Columbus a few years ago, the Pens fans stole that arena.
Sounds like what happens when Toronto plays in Buffalo.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
#2eddieshore

I personally love MSG.

Bell Centre is over rated by a lot of people. I wonder if the partying they do after the game distorts their memory of the actual game.

Atmosphere in Ottawa is weak but not too hard to get tickets.

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 06:40 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
What year did you go? I've gone to every one since Columbus has had a team. 2009 (march) was an insane game.

Here's the game from 2009.

One of the best moments from attending these games was in 2010. Every Pens fan in the building stood up at the end and cheered as loud as they could. Almost like a standing ovation.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:27 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
What year did you go? I've gone to every one since Columbus has had a team. 2009 (march) was an insane game.

Here's the game from 2009.

One of the best moments from attending these games was in 2010. Every Pens fan in the building stood up at the end and cheered as loud as they could. Almost like a standing ovation.

The game this happened...

Best part of that game, me and my friend were on the side the Pens shot twice, behind the net, front row of the upper bowl. Killer seats and costed something like 35 bucks. We were getting jawed all game long, because a lot of people in that section were season ticket holders. Wasn't belligerent jawing, just good fun, and it made the goal so much sweeter because that game was a piss poor effort by us.

We trailed that w hole game, and when Goligoski scored that goal at the end of the game, me and my friend basically went...

Forget you

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 02-12-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Language!
Old
02-12-2013, 08:58 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
The game this happened...

Best part of that game, me and my friend were on the side the Pens shot twice, behind the net, front row of the upper bowl. Killer seats and costed something like 35 bucks. We were getting jawed all game long, because a lot of people in that section were season ticket holders. Wasn't belligerent jawing, just good fun, and it made the goal so much sweeter because that game was a piss poor effort by us.

We trailed that w hole game, and when Goligoski scored that goal at the end of the game, me and my friend basically went...

Forget you
No ****, I had tickets (10 game package) right behind the home net. Section 224 I think. That game had me nervous as hell, right until the end. Only people in our area knew Sid scored on his shootout attempt. . I took two of my friends who hadn't been to a Pens/CBJ game, and they said it was the best atmosphere they'd been apart of.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 02-12-2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Response to a post bypassing the censor.