HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could this trade happen? (Ryder and Gagne)

Old
07-07-2006, 08:16 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Could this trade happen? (Ryder and Gagne)

Since both Bob Gainey and Bob Clarke are close friends and are having problems signing their top goal scorers in Ryder and Gagne could we see them make a swap for each player?

Clarke wants to pay less so he will get a goal scorer for the money he wants to pay and since Gainey has the cash to pay with this trade and and the unloading of Theo, a Gagne is affordable and as much as I hate to say I think Ribeiro would really work well with him and could have a career year.

I would hate to lose Ryder and would love to have both, but if it is for the best of the team I would do it! I think as much as Ribs would do well with Gagne, Ryder would blossom into a 40 goaler with Forsberg, Richards, Carter and Umberger.

These two players would be the focal point of a potential trade, what else would we add or have both teams add??? Philly wants to get faster on D, what could we offer them in that position...Dandenault?

Just a thought to go with these Gagne rumors.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:18 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Since both Bob Gainey and Bob Clarke are close friends and are having problems signing their top goal scorers in Ryder and Gagne could we see them make a swap for each player?

Clarke wants to pay less so he will get a goal scorer for the money he wants to pay and since Gainey has the cash to pay with this trade and and the unloading of Theo, a Gagne is affordable and as much as I hate to say I think Ribeiro would really work well with him and could have a career year.

I would hate to lose Ryder and would love to have both, but if it is for the best of the team I would do it! I think as much as Ribs would do well with Gagne, Ryder would blossom into a 40 goaler with Forsberg, Richards, Carter and Umberger.

These two players would be the focal point of a potential trade, what else would we add or have both teams add??? Philly wants to get faster on D, what could we offer them in that position...Dandenault?

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:19 PM
KaptainKourage*

Ryder, Souray, top prospect would make it but its not gonna happens

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79 View Post
Ryder, Souray, top prospect would make it but its not gonna happens
I hope that by top prospect, you mean Raphael or else, that's major overpayment

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:30 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
I'm not sayiing it is going to happen, but I want to put some legit faces to a potential trade if we were to go for a Gagne, I'm not one to start stupid trade offers or rumors but I thought if this was a player BG wanted Ryder being a scorer too and having difficulties locking up a long term deal in the past may make him a likely candidate for a trade.

It's a suggestion for conversation and opinion, Ryder is my Favorite Hab and I don't want to lose him but I'm sure he would be part of any deal.

Old
07-07-2006, 08:52 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Philly would be insane to do this trade. You'd definitely have to throw probably Komi or something that would potentially help them. I doubt we can afford to give the players Philly would want in return for Gagne.
And honestly, I don't really want Gagne anyway.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:09 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
I hope that by top prospect, you mean Raphael or else, that's major overpayment
No. Hes not. Gagné is 1 year younger and a way better player : better scorer, better all-around. Ryder, even if i like him, hes uni-dimensional and Souray pretty much gone after next year.

As top prospect, I could tlk about a guy like Latendresse or Danis.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
tinyzombies

With Forsberg, Ryder could score more than Gagne did. He has a much better release.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:16 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
With Forsberg, Ryder could score more than Gagne did. He has a much better release.
That doesn't change the fact that if he could scores 5-10 more goals , he 's going to cost 30 goals to his linemate , because he never passes the puck , and is going to give the puck 300-400 more times to the opposite teams .

Kapitch ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Biggsy

Straight up, im sure Phily would want alil more for Gagne

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Santa Cruz

It's a realistic possibility

Many, myself included, were surprised by the Theo for Aebischer trade. Similarly, in terms of ability/talent a Gagne/Ryder swap is inequitable, but in the context of the cap, this trade could certainly be made.

Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Biggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
Many, myself included, were surprised by the Theo for Aebischer trade. Similarly, in terms of ability/talent a Gagne/Ryder swap is inequitable, but in the context of the cap, this trade could certainly be made.
Yeah i guess thats a good point but is Phily willing to give up Gagne?

Biggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
I think we either underestimate our players, or overestimate Gagné. His best season before Forsberg came in was 66 points, with 33 goals. Like it or not, Ryder did it. Gagné had 47 goals this season, but only 8 without Forsberg. Gagné is very good, but I don't believe he is THAT good.

I think people don't look far enough when analyzing players. If Gagné comes in, once we have seen him play 82 games with the habs, he will slowly come down from his half god status to just another good player in the NHL. He would give us another strong offensive forward, but I doubt he would be that much of a change over what Ryder can give us if he plays a full season healthy. Why not appreciate what we have instead of trading it at every turn?

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:16 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
That doesn't change the fact that if he could scores 5-10 more goals , he 's going to cost 30 goals to his linemate , because he never passes the puck , and is going to give the puck 300-400 more times to the opposite teams .

Kapitch ?
Spoken like the true Ryder basher you are mark0v.

Old
07-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79 View Post
No. Hes not. Gagné is 1 year younger and a way better player : better scorer, better all-around. Ryder, even if i like him, hes uni-dimensional and Souray pretty much gone after next year.

As top prospect, I could tlk about a guy like Latendresse or Danis.
Well, Latendresse and Danis aren't top prospects to me, I thought you were talking about Perezhogin, Kostitsyn or Price...
Btw, I'm not dumb, I know Gagne has a better value than Ryder and Souray atm... Not by much, value wise though imo but...

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Habsy

Why don't you ask code?

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 10:51 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
I think we either underestimate our players, or overestimate Gagné. His best season before Forsberg came in was 66 points, with 33 goals. Like it or not, Ryder did it. Gagné had 47 goals this season, but only 8 without Forsberg. Gagné is very good, but I don't believe he is THAT good.

I think people don't look far enough when analyzing players. If Gagné comes in, once we have seen him play 82 games with the habs, he will slowly come down from his half god status to just another good player in the NHL. He would give us another strong offensive forward, but I doubt he would be that much of a change over what Ryder can give us if he plays a full season healthy. Why not appreciate what we have instead of trading it at every turn?

The fact of the matter is Gagné brings WAY more to the table than just points. He is a speedster, which Ryder isn't, he is very good defensively, Ryder isn't, he can play both the PP and the PK, plus he can control the puck and pass it, which again Ryder can't... Point aren't EVERYTHING!

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Ryder is not in Gagne class,and not even close.Gagne dosen't need Forsberg to score 40 goals he can do it with Handzus but Ryder needs a Koivu(With out him we saw last season he was struggling).Ryder uses up top minutes but dosen't bring anywhere close to what Gagne brings on the ice.

I would love to see Gagne here

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Clumsyhab

I agree, Ryder may score 35-40 with Forsberg, but he is no way in Gagne's class (would have scored 50+ if wasn't injured). I would also love Gagne with Montreal. He would be the perfect winger for Koivu.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan View Post
The fact of the matter is Gagné brings WAY more to the table than just points. He is a speedster, which Ryder isn't, he is very good defensively, Ryder isn't, he can play both the PP and the PK, plus he can control the puck and pass it, which again Ryder can't... Point aren't EVERYTHING!
And analyzing Ryder's play without taking into consideration his injury last year doesn't make much sense either. His rookie season showed a pretty good hockey player, still learning and bound to be much better defensively under Carbo. My point is, I don't think there's a world of a difference between what Gagné would give us and what Ryder can give us. Some people are ready to give a first, Ryder AND Markov for him, I say it's crazy, totally crazy.

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2006, 11:10 AM
tinyzombies

Gagne is overrated imo. Higgins could pop 40 next to Forsberg as well. When Forsberg was hurt, Gagne did nothing.

It would take more than Ryder to get him, but salary-wise and production-wise, it's not a far-fetched proposal (if something was thrown in).

In fact, I'm not sure Gagne is what we need. Would be nice to have him, but I don't know that he makes us that much better.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote