HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DET-LA Proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2006, 11:12 AM
  #1
riseandfall9
Registered User
 
riseandfall9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
DET-LA Proposal

TO DET: GARON

TO LA: SCHNEIDER

What you guys think?

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:17 AM
  #2
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
I think it would never happen.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:20 AM
  #3
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,494
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Hell, a couple more guys and we have the 2000-2001 defense all over again! Where's Felix? Scott Thomas? Adam Mair?! Hey Nelson how's the head? We could use Kelly's shotblocking. And we cant forget the fury that was Brad Chartrand!

I'd do it, isn't Schneids a fa after the season? Ideally I'd shoot for a d-prospect for Garon, but it's almost a forgone conclusion he's gonna be dealt, so take what we can get.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:21 AM
  #4
riseandfall9
Registered User
 
riseandfall9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Hell, a couple more guys and we have the 2000-2001 defense all over again! Where's Felix? Scott Thomas? Adam Mair?! Hey Nelson how's the head? We could use Kelly's shotblocking. And we cant forget the fury that was Brad Chartrand!

I'd do it, isn't Schneids a fa after the season? Ideally I'd shoot for a d-prospect for Garon, but it's almost a forgone conclusion he's gonna be dealt, so take what we can get.
Hahaha. All we need now is Sean OD and Modry and were set for the Stanley cup

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:22 AM
  #5
piston
Registered User
 
piston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Denmark
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to piston
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
TO DET: GARON

TO LA: SCHNEIDER

What you guys think?

Schneider is too old and brings too much salary. This is actually not to far from the truth. Detroit could use Garon to challenge Osgood, and Garon is inexpensive. We could use another d-man in order to dump Sopel or Miller' salary. I would prefer someone younger who is cheap. What about Kronwall?

piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:28 AM
  #6
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Hell, a couple more guys and we have the 2000-2001 defense all over again! Where's Felix? Scott Thomas? Adam Mair?! Hey Nelson how's the head? We could use Kelly's shotblocking. And we cant forget the fury that was Brad Chartrand!

I'd do it, isn't Schneids a fa after the season? Ideally I'd shoot for a d-prospect for Garon, but it's almost a forgone conclusion he's gonna be dealt, so take what we can get.


I doubt Karalati is busy.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:28 AM
  #7
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
If the Kings made that deal I would dub them the "Dinosaur Defense"

As of right now they have

Blake------36
Norstrom--34
Miller------34
Sopel------29
Visnovsky-29
Gleason---23


and you want to add a 37 year old Schneider?

Let's get Chelios while we are at it.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:36 AM
  #8
riseandfall9
Registered User
 
riseandfall9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Well buddy...Nobody is going to hand you a Young D-Man, And old D-man are fine. Just not the ones we have. D man usually age like whine. But ours cripple for some reason.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:38 AM
  #9
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,494
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
If the Kings made that deal I would dub them the "Dinosaur Defense"

As of right now they have

Blake------36
Norstrom--34
Miller------34
Sopel------29
Visnovsky-29
Gleason---23


and you want to add a 37 year old Schneider?

Let's get Chelios while we are at it.
Chelibot is going to play FOREVER! Maybe then we could get some of Cheli's Chili at Staples!

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:00 PM
  #10
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,931
vCash: 500
I'd be looking for a dman prospect like Danny Ritchman of Chicago or Ryan Parent of the Predators.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:05 PM
  #11
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,494
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I'd be looking for a dman prospect like Danny Ritchman of Chicago or Ryan Parent of the Predators.
Richmond would be good to grab. Small guy, but he's pretty tough.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 12:14 PM
  #12
KingsCourt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
TO DET: GARON

TO LA: SCHNEIDER

What you guys think?
nah...too old, too expensive.

KingsCourt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:40 PM
  #13
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston View Post
Schneider is too old and brings too much salary. This is actually not to far from the truth. Detroit could use Garon to challenge Osgood, and Garon is inexpensive. We could use another d-man in order to dump Sopel or Miller' salary. I would prefer someone younger who is cheap. What about Kronwall?
Kronwall for Garon???

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:43 PM
  #14
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
How about some top 6 scoring from the Wings in exchange for Garon???

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
  #15
Huge Jackman
Really, I'm fine....
 
Huge Jackman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Royal Oak
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
What do you think of LaBarbera for Lebda?

Huge Jackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:52 PM
  #16
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,494
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by five4fighting View Post
What do you think of LaBarbera for Lebda?
Gives us a younger dman that we need, but LaBarbera is the cheaper option, and with the cap, I see Garon getting dealt.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:52 PM
  #17
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Is anyone sold on Jason Williams? How would he fit in with the Kings?

I would like to see Lang come over...think Detroit would take Garon and Miller/Sopel for Lang and Lebda?

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:53 PM
  #18
Howard35
Registered User
 
Howard35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,348
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
Is anyone sold on Jason Williams? How would he fit in with the Kings?

I would like to see Lang come over...think Detroit would take Garon and Miller/Sopel for Lang and Lebda?
no

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:06 PM
  #19
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
no
Haha. Dammit!

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:53 PM
  #20
gambitlebo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Gives us a younger dman that we need, but LaBarbera is the cheaper option, and with the cap, I see Garon getting dealt.
No way. Last year Garon made $1.2 million and JL made $800. That's $400 thousand difference. Even with the raise the Garon will get, your still looking at less than $1 million difference. With JL's "personal" problems, he doesn't seem like a DL guy. Plus, who are you going sign for $1 that is going to place this team over the top?

If you think that by paying Cloutier $2.55 and Garon $2 is too much, consider this....San Jose have 2 goalies, one makes $5 and the other makes $1.375. Sure San Jose is trying to trade one, but it looks like they are willing to go into the season paying $6.375 for 2 goalies (+ whoever they have for the a 3rd). Remember, they backed out of a trade to get Halvat because Ottawa wasn't willing to give them what they needed.

JL will be back in the minors unless someone offers us a good deal.

With all the other goalies out there, Garon isn't going to command much...not worth trading anyway.

gambitlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:13 PM
  #21
kingsfan25
Registered User
 
kingsfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
I doubt Karalati is busy.
I hear he signed a 5 year sentence in the penal system.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:25 PM
  #22
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Geez - why revisit the past???? Again and again and again.......

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:05 PM
  #23
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
Geez - why revisit the past???? Again and again and again.......
Because it is better than an unknown future....with the past you know what to expect.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 08:06 PM
  #24
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
Because it is better than an unknown future....with the past you know what to expect.
It's all LA seems to do... enough.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
  #25
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,494
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambitlebo View Post
With JL's "personal" problems, he doesn't seem like a DL guy. Plus, who are you going sign for $1 that is going to place this team over the top?

If you think that by paying Cloutier $2.55 and Garon $2 is too much, consider this....San Jose have 2 goalies, one makes $5 and the other makes $1.375. Sure San Jose is trying to trade one, but it looks like they are willing to go into the season paying $6.375 for 2 goalies (+ whoever they have for the a 3rd). Remember, they backed out of a trade to get Halvat because Ottawa wasn't willing to give them what they needed.

JL will be back in the minors unless someone offers us a good deal.

With all the other goalies out there, Garon isn't going to command much...not worth trading anyway.
So since his girlfriend got cancer, he's not a Lombardi kind of guy?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.