HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Zednik Fans, Speak Here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2006, 05:49 PM
  #1
Ishmael
Registered User
 
Ishmael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
All Zednik Fans, Speak Here

Well, I'm just tired of the negativity and bandwagon that wants Zed out of town. I, for one, think he's a good player, nice sniper and a hard worker who comes through in the playoffs. Sure, last year might have been an off year for him, but every player has those now and then, and I think with a little faith he'll rebound nicely. I'm all for keeping him this season and possibly beyond.

Anybody else agree with me, or am I all alone here?

Ishmael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 05:51 PM
  #2
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
*cricket* *cricket*








but seriously... i like the guy too... but i'd rather have our youngsters step in instead of Zeds... therefore, bye-bye

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 05:51 PM
  #3
yoteshot
Registered User
 
yoteshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habland, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
I'm with you 'till the end!

yoteshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 05:54 PM
  #4
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,935
vCash: 500
I don't want him out!!!

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 05:54 PM
  #5
badfish
Habs fan in SK
 
badfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,804
vCash: 500
i say we give him and ribs another season. if they blow it then get rid of them.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 05:56 PM
  #6
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 Stanley Cups View Post
Well, I'm just tired of the negativity and bandwagon that wants Zed out of town. I, for one, think he's a good player, nice sniper and a hard worker who comes through in the playoffs. Sure, last year might have been an off year for him, but every player has those now and then, and I think with a little faith he'll rebound nicely. I'm all for keeping him this season and possibly beyond.

Anybody else agree with me, or am I all alone here?
I like Zednik but not the 2005-2006 Zednik. I hope he regains his shape.

x-bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:02 PM
  #7
Poochie_D
Registered User
 
Poochie_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
I love Zednik but I don't think he'll regain his form with the Habs. He wants to be a top six forward and if things go the way I think they will, he won't be given that chance.


Higgins-Koivu-Shanahan
Ryder-Riberio-Kovalev



Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:02 PM
  #8
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,436
vCash: 500
Should I add that it's HIM in the first place that wants out. If he wants out that bad, I say let him go. NO place for poeple who won't show up for games because they don't play with who they want and don't have the ice time they think they deserve. If Zednik woul start worrying about his own stuff and focus on hockey and bother to show up more than not, he would be a better player and more liked around here. Oh, and play with two hands on the stick witch we leard in Pee-wee would not hurt either. He has his quality and his bad side. He is a valuable player and I think he showed it in the past, but he has to come back to hold form and prove the coaching staff that he deserve more ice time and quality players not the other way around. And playing with Plek and Zhogy is not bad, unless you want to make it bad.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:04 PM
  #9
CoupeStanley
Registered User
 
CoupeStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nicolet
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
We watched the 2002 playoffs with some of my friends this week. Man... he's just not the same.

Just his face, he looked about 10 years younger.
Skated about 50kmh faster.
He hitted everything in sight...

I remember when we trade for him, Caps fans telling us that he'll be a fan favourite and that he'll be loved for his energy and because he always drive to the net.. He was every bit as expected.

But he's done IMO. He was damaged good by McLaren...

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:13 PM
  #10
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley View Post
But he's done IMO. He was damaged good by McLaren...
Too bad he was on a pace to score 40 goals on the first half of the season after this hit...

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:15 PM
  #11
CoupeStanley
Registered User
 
CoupeStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nicolet
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Too bad he was on a pace to score 40 goals on the first half of the season after this hit...
That doesnt mean anything. He had a good shots, and still has. He made all those goals playing with Saku with prime PP time.

He wasn't the same dynamic player we saw pre-McLaren.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:23 PM
  #12
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK
 
Tricolore#20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,217
vCash: 500
I'm a Zednik fan (part of the reason my username has #20), however I feel that he is replaceable now. He was a massive disappointment last year, a disappointment at the Olympics and the World Cup (he was sick for the first game, but terrible for the rest). I think his best days are behind him.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:28 PM
  #13
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Zednik good , clothesline by bruins bad .

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:34 PM
  #14
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdusco View Post
i say we give him and ribs another season. if they blow it then get rid of them.
ya sure, let's ruin next year just so you can be the last remaining hab fan to figure out he sucks, it's really simple, he's a ***** who's too afraid to cut down the middle, every defensmen knows he uses the boards to protect himself, he woudn't even change in the play-offs, hew would just get hit faster... he doesn't crash the net anymore, he's useless.give his spot to Perezhogin or Latendresse or Kostytsin, someone with potential that still wants too play the game, Higgins,Ryder, Kovy are locked for the first 2 lines, and the other spot goes to someone i just naimed, ideally Perezhogin cause he had chemistry with Kovy

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
  #15
Astaroth
Registered User
 
Astaroth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I'm a Zednik fan (part of the reason my username has #20), however I feel that he is replaceable now. He was a massive disappointment last year, a disappointment at the Olympics and the World Cup (he was sick for the first game, but terrible for the rest). I think his best days are behind him.
I don't think he's on the downside just yet. This was a bad year, granted a really bad year but I think he's done enough for the club to get another half-season. If he can't pull it together then, it's time to move on. But even in his declining state, I'm not sure our youngsters would do better, this coming year. So I think he's still got a bit of time.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 09:47 PM
  #16
NewGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,702
vCash: 500
I wouldn't be disappointed if the Habs let him play out the final year of his contract and then let him go as an unrestricted free agent. Hopefully he will play really well because he is essentially playing for a contract in 2007-08 and beyond. I assume he would try to have a career season so he could get big money in the offseason. If it clearly isn't working they could always dump him for a draft pick before the trade deadline.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:37 PM
  #17
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
ya sure, let's ruin next year just so you can be the last remaining hab fan to figure out he sucks, it's really simple, he's a ***** who's too afraid to cut down the middle, every defensmen knows he uses the boards to protect himself, he woudn't even change in the play-offs, hew would just get hit faster... he doesn't crash the net anymore, he's useless.give his spot to Perezhogin or Latendresse or Kostytsin, someone with potential that still wants too play the game, Higgins,Ryder, Kovy are locked for the first 2 lines, and the other spot goes to someone i just naimed, ideally Perezhogin cause he had chemistry with Kovy
wonderful post, may i just add that his STUPID one hand on the stick wrap around is so well known around the league, even the water boys know what's coming.


Bye zednik ... time to move on!

nyhabsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:40 PM
  #18
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
I wouldn't care if he came back, as long as he WANTS to. It's been said that he wants out and if it's the case, I don't want to see him waste a roster spot. Otherwise, I'm all for giving him another chance.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:44 PM
  #19
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
I think the early season groin injury really took a lot out of him and i don't think he ever recovered fully. I'd like to see what he can do this season.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:53 PM
  #20
Habsy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
I like Zeds too, but I would like a better center more. Cya Zeds if one is available.

Habsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:17 PM
  #21
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,048
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I am here!

Rise from the Ashes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:22 PM
  #22
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
"Zednik's got the puck he's driving to the outside of the net and...ohhhhhh he loses the puck"....time for a change of scenery, since the Mclaren hit he hasn't been the scorer he was and he carries the puck way too long (people b1tch about Ryder) and loses it and turns it over too much.

He may do better elsewhere, a change of scenery and a chance elsewhere sometimes works out best for the player.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:06 AM
  #23
NewGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
"Zednik's got the puck he's driving to the outside of the net and...ohhhhhh he loses the puck"....time for a change of scenery, since the Mclaren hit he hasn't been the scorer he was and he carries the puck way too long (people b1tch about Ryder) and loses it and turns it over too much.

He may do better elsewhere, a change of scenery and a chance elsewhere sometimes works out best for the player.
This is repeated so many times people have started to treat it like a fact. It's not. Zednik's best goalscoring seasons have occured after the McLaren hit. He had a setback last season but I highly doubt it has anything to do with getting hit by McLaren over 3 years before the start of last season.

1997-98: 17 goals, 11.49 Shooting Pct.
1998-99: 9 goals, 7.83 Shooting Pct.
1999-00: 19 goals, 10.61 Shooting Pct.
2000-01: 19 goals, 10.67 Shooting Pct.
2001-02: 22 goals, 8.84 Shooting Pct.
- McLaren Hit -
2002-03: 31 goals, 12.40 Shooting Pct.
2003-04: 26 goals, 11.93 Shooting Pct.
2005-06: 16 goals, 9.94 Shooting Pct.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:15 AM
  #24
Quiet Robert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,262
vCash: 500
In suport of Zednik, I will type this message with one hand...





Damn, I just went in circles around the keyboard looking for the "h" and now I've dropped the mouse...

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:16 AM
  #25
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,812
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
In suport of Zednik, I will type this message with one hand...





Damn, I just went in circles around the keyboard looking for the "h" and now I've dropped the mouse...
ha!


but seriously, I like Zednik. We all know what he's capable of doing, which is why he's given such a hard time.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.