HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribiero contract- Wake up Canadiens!!!!!!

Old
07-07-2006, 03:57 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I really don't have a problem with either contract. Sure I would prefer that they be a little less but with what other RFA and UFA where getting they seem much better. While I am not saying that Ribeiro is better then Savard, he is decent enough and costs about $3M less a season. Also is McKee that much better then the Cube? I don't think so, and he is about $2M more.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:00 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Wow.

I've seen accidental double-posts, but never 7 in a row like that.

I can just imagine BigTimer, full of righteous indignation, hammering away at the Submit Reply button like there was no tomorrow.
lol, he really doesn't like ribeiro. what a baby.

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:26 PM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
But what happens next year if Ribeiro ends up having a good season and you need to re-sign him? Gainey's already, for no reason at all, given him over a half-million extra. Do you think come next offseason if we want to sign Ribeiro long term that Mikey's gonna be like "Gee, I remember you giving me that extra 700K last season. I'm gonna return the favor and discount my asking price on a 3 year deal". No chance. Not only that but putting him at 1.9 this season rather than 1.3 means that if he proves himself a keeper, that his asking price will already be inflated just because of Gainey's lack of common sense in business matters.
i understand what your saying (after i read the 7th post) but i meant it in terms of getting something for him later on this year, imo everyone including other teams will know what this guys made of, and his equity might raise leaving enough time to deal him to get a nice return, over all that extra flow we dished on him will not make or break our season, btw i dont think we over paid on cubes contract either way the guy has the spirit and will benefit from the new nhl.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
But what happens next year if Ribeiro ends up having a good season and you need to re-sign him? Gainey's already, for no reason at all, given him over a half-million extra. Do you think come next offseason if we want to sign Ribeiro long term that Mikey's gonna be like "Gee, I remember you giving me that extra 700K last season. I'm gonna return the favor and discount my asking price on a 3 year deal". No chance. Not only that but putting him at 1.9 this season rather than 1.3 means that if he proves himself a keeper, that his asking price will already be inflated just because of Gainey's lack of common sense in business matters.
Quote:
Wow.

I can just imagine BigTimer, full of righteous indignation, hammering away at the Submit Reply button like there was no tomorrow.
Ahaha, that was funny.

In any case, if Ribs DOES have a great season...ummm...would we really be so wrapped up about how we overpaid him this year? Say he gets like...oh 80-90 pts by some miracle. I personally will be thanking the gods and wouldn't care less we paid him 2 mil this year. And if he gets a small raise because of that would that really be a bad thing?
Is that going to happen? I sure wouldn't put money on it but if it does, I sure wouldn't be complaining.

pepperMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 04:57 PM
BobbyFischer*

I like the contarcts and Im VERY happy to have Boullion and Ribeiro back!

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 05:06 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post
i understand what your saying (after i read the 7th post) but i meant it in terms of getting something for him later on this year, imo everyone including other teams will know what this guys made of, and his equity might raise leaving enough time to deal him to get a nice return, over all that extra flow we dished on him will not make or break our season, btw i dont think we over paid on cubes contract either way the guy has the spirit and will benefit from the new nhl.
But again, if we want to trade him Gainey just lowered his trade value by bumping his salary up from 1.3 million to 1.9 for absolutely no reason. Either way, Gainey's indiscretion with funds will be a hinderance more than a benefit and it's worrisome to say the very least.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
But again, if we want to trade him Gainey just lowered his trade value by bumping his salary up from 1.3 million to 1.9 for absolutely no reason. Either way, Gainey's indiscretion with funds will be a hinderance more than a benefit and it's worrisome to say the very least.
You're very tiresome.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:29 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Wow.

open this gif image !!!! you will see him !

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 07-28-2006 at 05:52 PM.
goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 06:40 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
You're very tiresome.
Reality sucks sometimes.

Old
07-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v View Post
open this gif image !!!! you will see him !

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:29 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
I have read every post on this thread...yes, including yours. Lemme ask you a question, if I may. Do you REALLY THINK that you, or anyone else on this thread (or any other thread on this subject) has raised EVEN ONE issue or concern that Gainey hasn't already considered, thought about, and probably knew about when you were no more than a gleam in your father's eye? I have sincerely tried to find one argument, one point here, that Gainey might possibly have not considered, and I'm still looking. Keep trying, you might come up with something that Gainey doesn't already know and hasn't considered, but since I find oxygen on a regular basis rather appealing, you'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath waiting.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

I think Ribeiro will be injured in game 79, Chpchura will take his place and never look back.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 10:44 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I have read every post on this thread...yes, including yours. Lemme ask you a question, if I may. Do you REALLY THINK that you, or anyone else on this thread (or any other thread on this subject) has raised EVEN ONE issue or concern that Gainey hasn't already considered, thought about, and probably knew about when you were no more than a gleam in your father's eye? I have sincerely tried to find one argument, one point here, that Gainey might possibly have not considered, and I'm still looking. Keep trying, you might come up with something that Gainey doesn't already know and hasn't considered, but since I find oxygen on a regular basis rather appealing, you'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath waiting.
So explain to me why someone would pay 190$ for something when they can get it for 130$. Your under a budget, remember? Forget whether it makes sense to Gainey... does it make sense to you? Honestly now, does it? Are we just supposed to assume that since it's Bob Gainey that he can do no wrong? Because that's what you're trying to say and it's simply incorrect.

Old
07-07-2006, 10:57 PM
BORAT

Maybe if we stopped whining about Ribs and making his life hell ...

we wouldn't have to pay 1.9 million and he's sign for less to be here

no ?

If I was Ribs I would ask Gainey for Koivu Money ..and then wave the dirty Sanchez back at some of you guys while I'm playing for the Panthers or some other god forsaken team

1.9 is fine for one year if he manages to notch 70 pts ( hey isn't Koivu getting 4.7 million for about 60 pts )

yeah ...

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:02 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post

no ?

If I was Ribs I would ask Gainey for Koivu Money ..and then wave the dirty Sanchez back at some of you guys while I'm playing for the Panthers or some other god forsaken team

1.9 is fine for one year if he manages to notch 70 pts ( hey isn't Koivu getting 4.7 million for about 60 pts )

yeah ...
What part of Qualified Restricted Free-Agent don't you understand? He had the choice of either signing his QO at 1.3 or sitting out next season. He was in no position to negotiate but Gainey just felt like being generious and gave him a raise of $600,000. Ribeiro himself admitted everything was completed without negotiations and finalized by the end of the day.

Old
07-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Turbo

Quote:
What part of Qualified Restricted Free-Agent don't you understand? He had the choice of either signing his QO at 1.3 or sitting out next season. He was in no position to negotiate but Gainey just felt like being generious and gave him a raise of $600,000. Ribeiro himself admitted everything was completed without negotiations and finalized by the end of the day.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Raider917

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I think Ribeiro will be injured in game 79, Chpchura will take his place and never look back.
that makes the team pretty unlucky, ribiero getting injured in game 1 would be so much better.

stupid signing. ribiero has no value. he isnt big enough to be a physical asset and is too slow and undersized to be a talent asset.

my only hope now is that gainey finds a taker for him before the season starts of if he gets off to a good start.....but theres a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
What part of Qualified Restricted Free-Agent don't you understand? He had the choice of either signing his QO at 1.3 or sitting out next season.

What part of "right to arbitration" don't you understand?

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Uber Coca

How many years have we waited? Ribeiro isn't built for the new NHL.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
What part of "right to arbitration" don't you understand?
That's a good point.

I don't know what to think about Ribeiro anymore. My opinion of him has been warped by these boards. I don't like him much as a player, and never have, but I find myself defending him all the time.

Heartless, soft, slow, unclutch, bad attitude, bad chemistry and on and on. It's ridiculous. The guy is not that bad. He's from far ideal, and I can think of lots of potential upgrades, but in the meantime he is what he is: a flawed but talented playmaking center; a guy with only two full seasons, but at an average of 60 points.

Not many 2nd line centers scored 50+ points last year. If Ribeiro gets around 55-60 points, and continues to play like he did after Julien got fired, with the checking and the defensive effort, he's got a place on this team. Even at 1.9 million, at least until a real upgrade comes along.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post

no ?

yeah ...

Well said

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

What annoys me the most is that we`re still gonna have the same two small centermen for the first two lines for next year.

How about signing Peca for some character.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 07:47 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hainsey View Post
How many years have we waited? Ribeiro isn't built for the new NHL.
pssst ....The new NHL has only one year old ...

At his first full season , he got 65 points , and was in the top 15 , for a center . Exepted that he was second liner when most of the ones in front of him were first center .

This season , he got 51 points ; i didn't do the exercise , but i am sure that if you take the average number of points of all the second liner centers ,Ribeiro isn't worst than the others

So what are you waiting for exactly ?

Old
07-08-2006, 07:54 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
What annoys me the most is that we`re still gonna have the same two small centermen for the first two lines for next year.

How about signing Peca for some character.
Because Peca asks for 3 m$ ( correcte me if i am wrong ) after this season ;

2005-2006 Oilers 71 9 14 23 -4

Ribeiro isn't producing enough , and will be overpaid at 1,9 m$ ?

Old
07-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
that makes the team pretty unlucky, ribiero getting injured in game 1 would be so much better.

stupid signing. ribiero has no value. he isnt big enough to be a physical asset and is too slow and undersized to be a talent asset.

my only hope now is that gainey finds a taker for him before the season starts of if he gets off to a good start.....but theres a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.
Why? So that Chipchura could get a season's worth of experience in the AHL before joining the Habs shortly before the playoffs. He wouldn't have gotten much ice time if he came up after game 1.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote