HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We survived! "Bouillon" wins it in the SO!

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
We knew that game was far from perfect but then again, parity brought for all of us highly variable fortunes!

Old
02-12-2013, 10:06 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
We finished last in the conference last year. Baby steps. The team is still playing better than expected.
Finishing last was not a good indicator of this teams ability. We had massive amounts of injuries to key players all year and the front office made it a joke.

I'm not bashing the Habs. In fact I think we're really a couple of pieces away from being serious contenders starting with the 2 pieces I mentioned in my post. I big number 1 Centre and big, physical, **** down defensman. Given the prospects and picks we have available and with any luck a shocker compliance buy out in the summer, we could be contenders sooner than later.

We do need to learn how to hold a 2 or 3 goal in the 3rd period. If we could have played shut hockey against Boston, buffalo and tonight, we'd have 3 more points and are opponents would have 5 less. We'd be 1 point behind NJ for top spot. This just highlights there's a fine line between being perennial winners and scraping into thelayoffs and we're so close to being the former.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

We have a new mod?! Hope you make it longer than I did, Gary320!

Old
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

This is why we should have had Patrick Roy as coach. At L'Anti-Chambre he said:" I don't care about getting penalties, worst thing on two goals, the Tampa players crashed the net. What I would like to see is a Habs D just giving them a good stick on the shoulder to make them hurt so they're afraid to go in front of the net the next time and so what if they take a penalty, it's a good investement for the next time they try it, they may not want to go in front of the net".

In short, Habs are too soffff.

Old
tiz

This point may cost us come playoff time... Same as the freebies we gave Buffalo. All these conference games are awesome, but screw ups are costly.

Old
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Why do some guys need to bash Diaz to justify giving Subban more minutes?

If anything, Diaz is a pleasant surprise so far this season and he is a bargain at 1.25M$ (with 1 more year).

Old
02-12-2013, 10:10 PM
No Team Needed

Another game of Diaz playing three minutes of PK more than Subban and I'm finding out where Therrien lives to light a bag of poop on his doorstep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post

If anything, Diaz is a pleasant surprise so far this season and he is a bargain at 1.25M$ (with 1 more year).
You sound like a Leaf fan defending Mike Kostka.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:11 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Dorner update: NO BODY HAS BEEN FOUND YET ACCORDING TO THE LAPD. CHOCOLATE RAMBO INDEED

Old
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Man, some Hab fans are a grouchy bunch.

Glad I saw my Mtl cups already... they were all awesome.

I'm at peace.

Old
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Fought Thorburn when it was 2-0. Jets go on to make the game 3-2.

That one certainly created a momentum shift.
I disagree. He could have run Price and got into a fight on his own terms if he wanted.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
i think he rode the pine down the stretch (probably was on pace for about 20 minutes) until he made a horrible play that gave them their 1st goal
A lot of ''all-heart'' guys (Subban, White) getting punished...don't like it. Even the best players are allowed to make mistakes sometimes.

Therrien didn't punish Markov for that mistake (1-0 Leafs goal)...losing the puck and causing a breakaway and Markov was too slow in skating back to lift the stick...but Therrien is forgiving towards Markov but not Subban and White. After that 1-0 Leafs' goal...it was all downhill after that. We're lucky Pleks didn't suffer a serious knee injury and Gorges didn't hurt his jaw/wrist/elbow/eye in tha fight against a nobody GOON.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:13 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Dorner update: NO BODY HAS BEEN FOUND YET ACCORDING TO THE LAPD. CHOCOLATE RAMBO INDEED
oh ****ttttttttttttt

Old
02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
This is why we should have had Patrick Roy as coach. At L'Anti-Chambre he said:" I don't care about getting penalties, worst thing on two goals, the Tampa players crashed the net. What I would like to see is a Habs D just giving them a good stick on the shoulder to make them hurt so they're afraid to go in front of the net the next time and so what if they take a penalty, it's a good investement for the next time they try it, they may not want to go in front of the net".

This. The D is small and soft. They don't intimidate anyone. You see how teams try to jam the net when they're down because they can...and we buckle. That's the one thing I miss about Hamr. That guy played with a mean streak. Tinordi can not get here quick enough.

I'm sure the D will be upgraded.

Old
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post

I hope you're joking. Tampa didn't crash the net on either of those goals, they got two lucky deflections. More penalties would only have compounded the problem.

Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
A lot of ''all-heart'' guys (Subban, White) getting punished...don't like it. Even the best players are allowed to make mistakes sometimes.

Therrien didn't punish Markov for that mistake (1-0 Leafs goal)...losing the puck and causing a breakaway and Markov was too slow in skating back to lift the stick...but Therrien is forgiving towards Markov but not Subban and White. After that 1-0 Leafs' goal...it was all downhill after that. We're lucky Pleks didn't suffer a serious knee injury and Gorges didn't hurt his jaw/wrist/elbow/eye in tha fight against a nobody GOON.
Subban doesn't deserve it, for sure. Not even sure if that's what happened.

White, I love, but he needs a lesson. I'd gladly have him back in the lineup though

Old
02-12-2013, 10:15 PM
NewHabsEra*

Thats what can happen when you are lifeless for the most part of the game.. 2 horrible lifeless teams on the ice tonight, that was ugly from the start, the less worst won.

Old
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Another game of Diaz playing three minutes of PK more than Subban and I'm finding out where Therrien lives to light a bag of poop on his doorstep.

You sound like a Leaf fan defending Mike Kostka.
I'm not saying that Diaz deserves to play more than Subban. I'm saying that people don't need to bash Diaz to justify it.

Sure Diaz may be playing too much but I'm happy with his progression and he is definitely an important part of our defense (which doesn't mean that he should be used as a top 2 defenseman).

Old
Gomez91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post

Cheap doesn't win you games! Secondly I think his name is Fraser for the Leafs cost them about the same but plays triple Diaz's minutes thats a bargain and something Montreal lacks at the right time

Old
02-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Diaz has had like one bad game all season. He was outstanding tonight.. not sure why he's getting hated on?
If my post gave you the impression that I hate Diaz, it can only mean that I phrased it wrong! However I do think that Subban brings a better overall (especially in the toughness department) contribution so, yes, I sure dislike it when I see Diaz receiving the same amount (or more!) of ice time than PK.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:17 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
This. The D is small and soft. They don't intimidate anyone. You see how teams try to jam the net when they're down because they can...and we buckle. That's the one thing I miss about Hamr. That guy played with a mean streak. Tinordi can not get here quick enough.

I'm sure the D will be upgraded.
I hope the D will upgraded too, BUT...EVERY team crashes the net when they're down. We do it to opponents too. There is no magic formula to prevent this. Every NHL team will crash the net.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Craig71

I hate pace maker wins. Tampa Bay was not in this at all but we layed down and died. just shameful, it makes you wonder what the coaching staff is telling these guys. Just plain awful. No playoffs for us.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
What a strange game. I didn't think the habs had a terrible 3rd period, as the habs controlled the flow, but every single mistake ended up in the back of the net.

The 3rd lightning goal just made me laugh.
The journey that puck took to get across the line was pretty symbolic of the last few minutes of the game.

I'm not sure what to take out of this, other than another 2 points in the bank, but it feels like a donation of 1 pt to a team that the habs may need to fend off if they happen to be in playoff contention.
That was one serious zig zagging pinball.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:19 PM
jedimyrmidon

Subban and Eller need to play more. Eller needs to play in an offensive role with better linemates. What else does he need to do to get the opportunity? Seems like the only opportunity he has is to mess up and get benched or scratched.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:19 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
I hope the D will upgraded too, BUT...EVERY team crashes the net when they're down. We do it to opponents too. There is no magic formula to prevent this. Every NHL team will crash the net.
This is true. The problem is knowing how to deal with net crashers. When Hamrlik, Spacek and Gill were on the team it was all about cutting the angles down. The replacements (Diaz, Cube and Emelin) do not do this yet. They need to start.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:20 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez91 View Post
Cheap doesn't win you games! Secondly I think his name is Fraser for the Leafs cost them about the same but plays triple Diaz's minutes thats a bargain and something Montreal lacks at the right time
You missed my point, see my other post.

Closed Thread