Notices

Time to re-up Nasty Nate?

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Nose Face Killah
#EverybodyHatesUs

vCash: 500
Hope he stays, if not he was one of the best Bruins in my eyes.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:07 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

If it comes down to it, I'd rather see Kelly moved than Peverley without a doubt. Kelly is a good leader and excellent defensively, but is extremely lacking offensively.

Peverley can provide offensively and defensively, with good speed. Of the two, he is the one that can plug in on the top two lines as needed. They each make around the same $3,000,000-$4,000,000 I believe. Or is this just too easy?

Old
02-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Ogrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
If it comes down to it, I'd rather see Kelly moved than Peverley without a doubt. Kelly is a good leader and excellent defensively, but is extremely lacking offensively.

Peverley can provide offensively and defensively, with good speed. Of the two, he is the one that can plug in on the top two lines as needed. They each make around the same $3,000,000-$4,000,000 I believe. Or is this just too easy?
Yes. I Believe Kelly has a full NTC. Peverley can be traded to 8 teams right now.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:42 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrim View Post
Yes. I Believe Kelly has a full NTC. Peverley can be traded to 8 teams right now.
Perhaps a mistake in hindsight then? Well then I guess it would have to be Ference or Peverley who moves on, since Horton (healthy) has to be considered more important than either of them.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

I don't know. This is going to be a difficult one for sure. Depends on the asking price. I love how he produces in the playoffs too. Not to mention if he were to depart, it would be difficult to see that goal production that would decrease.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Peverley's points per game last year (his first full year in Boston) is 1% less than Horton's best year in Boston (granted both are short careers in Boston so far). Not to mention, Peverley's PPG percentage is worth a hell of a lot more considering Horton's injuries over the last few years

Plus Peverley is a a superior PK'er, has better puck possession skill, better skater, better passer, etc. Not as good of a shot, not as physical, but seriously Horton really isn't a power forward and he never will be again, at least not when Lucic is on the same line and with his current injury prone status it wouldn't be smart to

Dont know why people would want to lose Peverley for Horton. I'd prefer to keep both but its an easy decision for me.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Wait.

Old
02-12-2013, 09:40 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Not feeling it so far.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Aw, what the hell, let's make another thread about how much Gagne sucks.
Old
02-12-2013, 10:03 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

im starting to feel it a little

Old
02-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:

I really did laugh like hell!

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
02-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Not feeling it so far.
I'm worried a/b Horton.

So hard to tell w/ this guy. You begin to give up hope, then he scores a big goal. But when he's not scoring, he's nearly invisible, especially for a guy his size.

You want to give him the benefit of the doubt. He missed a lot w/ the concussion. But he had spells in the reg season before the playoffs, before he was hurt, where he was also MIA a lot.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I'm worried a/b Horton.

So hard to tell w/ this guy. You begin to give up hope, then he scores a big goal. But when he's not scoring, he's nearly invisible, especially for a guy his size.

You want to give him the benefit of the doubt. He missed a lot w/ the concussion. But he had spells in the reg season before the playoffs, before he was hurt, where he was also MIA a lot.
Nice to see him pot one tonight, but he really sucked otherwise. Totally invisible, not physical and going through the motions. We need way more out of him.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:20 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
I was thinking the same thing, but it was about Lucic. Now he came on fire after that penalty, but damn he had a bad game.

But both Lucic and Horton need to step up the physical play...ALOT
Big difference to me is; I can see Lucic routinely beat his man on the boards and break the puck out of his zone w/ a tape to tape pass. I can see Lucic carry the puck through the neutral zone, use his size and reach, even back up the D, make a tape to tape pass to Krejci. I can see Lucic dump it in, beat sometimes two defenders, give DK the puck. I can see the guy trying.

The game tonight, yeah, blown pass was on him. But, then he absolutely SMOKED Nash, told him to take a dump in his helmet, and the game began to turn right there.

Horton? They don't go up his boards in the defensive zone for a reason. For starters they won't get it back. I can see Lucic and DK putting out. I just don't see Horton doing anything unless he's banging in a goal.

Seguin? That's another thread I guess.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing, but it was about Lucic. Now he came on fire after that penalty, but damn he had a bad game.

Lucic has been a consistent physical presence and has been noticeable. Horton is literally invisible out there for 95% of his shifts. As in it could be Jamie Tardif and I wouldnt really know the difference.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Gonzothe7thDman

I want to see how he is after he comes back from his concussion.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:27 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:

Lucic has been pretty physical all season long. Horton hasn't and at times he disappears but he's producing at an acceptable clip. I fear the best physical play we'll see out of Horton was his first year here.

I thought Lucic played like a man possessed after the bad pass midway in the second period. What I would like to see from him is to trust himself more when he's coming down the wing and go hard to the net. There's two plays Lucic likes to do when he's coming down the wing with a full head of steam: either take the puck behind the net or pass it back to the trailer. I'd like to see him set his edges, use his body to shield the puck, and go to the net.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:27 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Peverley's points per game last year (his first full year in Boston) is 1% less than Horton's best year in Boston (granted both are short careers in Boston so far). Not to mention, Peverley's PPG percentage is worth a hell of a lot more considering Horton's injuries over the last few years

Plus Peverley is a a superior PK'er, has better puck possession skill, better skater, better passer, etc. Not as good of a shot, not as physical, but seriously Horton really isn't a power forward and he never will be again, at least not when Lucic is on the same line and with his current injury prone status it wouldn't be smart to

Dont know why people would want to lose Peverley for Horton. I'd prefer to keep both but its an easy decision for me.
Peverley needs to work on his shot accuracy, he misses the net a lot. I'd be alright picking him over Horton if I had any faith he would hit 20 goals.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:29 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Peverley needs to work on his shot accuracy, he misses the net a lot. I'd be alright picking him over Horton if I had any faith he would hit 20 goals.
And stay healthy, which is something that has dogged Peverley.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:24 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Tough call. I think he is young enough that you want to re up him.

Also the team could become very small overnight if you replace him with a smaller player and have Bourque in the top 9.

He is so inconsistent than I don't know about giving him a raise.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:30 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Tough call. I think he is young enough that you want to re up him.

Also the team could become very small overnight if you replace him with a smaller player and have Bourque in the top 9.

He is so inconsistent than I don't know about giving him a raise.
Sort of reminds me of the debate we had about Ryder. I (and Bruwinz37 IIRC) were strong advocates of acquiring him. I, at least, was also ok about letting him walk; a decision I came to regret. Could NH be the same case? Could be. I'd say any raise would be highly dependent on another money playoff performance--as he has shown he can deliver.

If he slouches through this season and playoffs, I'd probably be ok with letting him walk if he doesn't take a discount. After all, he is big, but he plays small or nonexistent, so I don't see a huge impact in missing his size.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
PJ StockBB

I'm optimistic we can sign him from somewhere between 4.5-4.75 million a year. if we can do that i definitely do that. when Seguin starts producing the way we know he can he is going to be the clear cut first line right winger making Horton the second line winger. he's a very good second line winger in my opinion. i don't want to see him go anywhere unless his demands are unreasonable

Old
02-13-2013, 04:13 PM
patty59

I don't really see anyone that can take his spot unless you look outside the organization.

The Bruins are 2 totally different with and without him in the lineup.

My only concern is health, but if they believe that he can stay healthy, I think they will re-sign him. Assuming he wants to stay.

Closed Thread