HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Make a move?

Old
02-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Snipsnap12

vCash: 500
Make a move?

we have giroux, couturier, and schenn at center. We also have two prospects at center in Laughton and Cousins

unless we start converting to wing it may benefit the team to package one of our prospects (thinking cousins or Laughton) for a tip tier defenseman, or maybe try to go after one of the ducks big three.

Looking for opinion because its more a thought to me not something I think must be done.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:26 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush28 View Post
we have giroux, couturier, and schenn at center. We also have two prospects at center in Laughton and Cousins

unless we start converting to wing it may benefit the team to package one of our prospects (thinking cousins or Laughton) for a tip tier defenseman, or maybe try to go after one of the ducks big three.

Looking for opinion because its more a thought to me not something I think must be done.
Ducks are playing very well right now, no point in trying to shop from a good team. Look at players like Goligoski from DAL or Myers from BUF, a couple guys who've been seeing minutes in the press box. Myers would flourish in Lavy's system, but cost us a fortune.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:27 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

We make a move only if its the right move,not make a trade just to make a trade.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:28 PM
PayItForward

Quote:

Neither Laughton nor Cousins will bring back a top tier d-man as the main piece. Teams just don't trade away top tier d-men.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:31 PM

Myers' value will never be lower.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Neither Laughton nor Cousins will bring back a top tier d-man as the main piece. Teams just don't trade away top tier d-men.
I said a package including one of them.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Myers' value will never be lower.
Yeah I like Myers and I just think Lindy is not handling him properly, but I think we need some puck moving and quickness on our back end

Old
The Couturier Effect

Ducks are playing great so they won't be selling any of their big three unless the deal is too good to pass up on.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old

I agree, i'm saying we should strike while the iron is off.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Ducks are playing great so they won't be selling any of their big three unless the deal is too good to pass up on.

True, not sure when the deadline is but things could change, and if they feels like they won't be able to retain geztlaf/perry who knows what could happen

Old
02-12-2013, 10:37 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Yeah I like Myers and I just think Lindy is not handling him properly, but I think we need some puck moving and quickness on our back end
Myers will automatically be our best puck mover, and skates well for his size. He and Coburn could be an epic 1-2 pairing for years to come.

Simmonds or Voracek+

Old
02-12-2013, 10:39 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Myers will automatically be our best puck mover, and skates well for his size. He and Coburn could be an epic 1-2 pairing for years to come.

Simmonds or Voracek+
If we are going to start throwing around those names I'd rather move for a better piece or not at all

Old
02-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post

Simmonds or Voracek+
That's not a great idea. Already have a lack of scoring depth on the wing.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:50 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
If we are going to start throwing around those names I'd rather move for a better piece or not at all
Who would you expect to give up for Tyler Myers?

And where are you going to find a bigger name at a potential bargain? 6'8" 230, great athlete, puck mover, PPQB, shoots RH, hits, and played great when the Sabres had a more uptempo system. He comes into Lavy's system and he'll be great again.

Maybe we can pull some highway robbery **** like Shero did in the Neal trade and snag Myers for relatively cheap.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:14 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
I said a package including one of them.
Which is why I said as a main piece, unless the plus is one of B. Schenn, Couturier or Giroux. You don't trade top tier d-men unless your forced to. If you want a top tier d-man, especially one that's young (which is obviously what this team needs) and not just a top 4 d-man, you have to give to get.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:04 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Im thinking if Meyers is dealt he will go out west. Unless someone in the East gives him a blow out of the water offer. Cant imagine Darcy Regier wants to see Meyers torture his own team for the next dozen years.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:19 AM
IceHot

I wanted Meyers for a while, but after watching him play enough times I no longer want him. I would only offer Briere
(for cap reasons) and one of our spare or prospect defense (which they'd never do such a deal) and even then I'd rather play Lauredson, at least he hits and hits hard and won't get man handled off the puck like Meyers does.

IceHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:48 AM
Broad Street Elite

If Voracek and some reasonable + gets us Myers, that's a done deal. I like Voracek, but even with how he is right now, Myers is an asset worth owning. Much like JVR and Schenn, he would likely benefit from a change of scenery.

Anyone saying that they don't want a Tyler Myers really needs to look at the forest and not just the trees. He's a better player than he's showing right now and even if he doesn't mature into a surefire top 20 defensemen, he'll still have value on par with Voracek, a solid two-way top 6 forward who does a lot of things well, but none spectacularly.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:36 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
If Voracek and some reasonable + gets us Myers, that's a done deal. I like Voracek, but even with how he is right now, Myers is an asset worth owning. Much like JVR and Schenn, he would likely benefit from a change of scenery.

Anyone saying that they don't want a Tyler Myers really needs to look at the forest and not just the trees. He's a better player than he's showing right now and even if he doesn't mature into a surefire top 20 defensemen, he'll still have value on par with Voracek, a solid two-way top 6 forward who does a lot of things well, but none spectacularly.
This. Myers is struggling right now but his potential is just what we need. I'd do pretty much any trade for him that didnt include Giroux or Couturier.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:21 AM
JayB

Maybe just trade defender away and bring better in? Coburn/Meszarov+Cousins <-> Myers. Or Coburn/Meszarov+Cousins+2nd <-> Myers+Ott.

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:34 AM
dawkins121

I would love Myers, I feel like he's going through the same early career struggles that lot's of defensemen go through. Hedman struggled a lot the last two years didn't he? And look at him now. If Myers' value has never been/will never be lower I would consider giving up serious assets for him.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:03 AM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I would love Myers, I feel like he's going through the same early career struggles that lot's of defensemen go through. Hedman struggled a lot the last two years didn't he? And look at him now. If Myers' value has never been/will never be lower I would consider giving up serious assets for him.

same here, he can shoot the puck as well like pronger and you are getting a younger version of him.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Psuhockey

Myers is 23 years old, a right handed shot, who has shown he can have a lot of success in the league even though he is struggling badly of late. If you add him to Coburn and L. Schenn, the Flyers will be set for a long time on defense. I love Simmonds, but if you can get him for Simmonds + (at most a 1st and someone like Cousins) I do that in a heart beat. Any defensemen the Flyers draft, including Seth Jones, is going to take years to be as effective as Myers would be from the get go.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:14 AM
PropJoe

I'd trade Couturier for Tyler Myers. Although I think if we added a little more to a package with Couturier in it we could get a more proven guy (OEL).

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:25 AM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Does Buffalo really do that trade? I doubt it. They seem to have young centers in Grigorenko and Hodgson, so I imagine Couturier wouldn't fit as he'd be competing with them for time.