HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We survived! "Bouillon" wins it in the SO!

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I can honestly say I much preferred watching last years version of Subban way better than this years MT neutered version of Subban.
Can't wait for Therrien to leave.

Therrien is a clown.
He's trying to neutralize the best dman we've had in decades...DECADES.

Subban>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>Therrien

Old
02-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

The people ******** on cole... he was excellent tonight. Caused so many penalties and looked good out there. Patches and Eller showed some chemistry today. I think it's time to replace Eller with DD. Put DD on the 4th line and PP to see what Eller can do

Old
02-12-2013, 11:58 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post

Therrien is a clown.

Subban>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>Therrien
Under the Randy's or under Martin, Subban was barely a 0.5 PPG D man...

Under Therrien is producing at a PPG...

and you're blaming Therrien for this ? really ? like huh... seriously ?

looks like the one with the red nose isnt MT afterall

Old
02-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
The people ******** on cole... he was excellent tonight. Caused so many penalties and looked good out there. Patches and Eller showed some chemistry today. I think it's time to replace Eller with DD. Put DD on the 4th line and PP to see what Eller can do
But...

Therrien doesn't want Eller to maximize his potential.
Therrien doesn't want White.
Therrien wants to neutralize, minimize Subban's minutes and flashy/entertaining style.
Therrien loves Armstrong (yet Armstrong doesn't bodycheck anymore...doesn't do too much anymore...I don't get it).

What the ****. When the **** are we going to hire a competent coach? When? At the very least...a fair coach.
I miss the Jacques Demers/Roy days

I ****ing hate a ''it's all about my way'' cocky jerk/depressing coach like Therrien (ex: cocky/arrogant/ignorant Mario Tremblay)...he's not doing what is best for the team...killing all the heart players.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:04 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Therrien doesn't want White.
Therrien wants to neutralize, minimize Subban's minutes.
Therrien loves Armstrong (yet Armstrong doesn't bodycheck anymore).
Therrien doesn't want Eller to maximize his potential.
What the ****. When the **** are we going to hire a competent coach? When? At the very least...a fair coach.
I miss the Jacques Demers/Roy days

I ****ing hate a ''it's all about my way'' cocky jerk/depressing coach like Therrien (ex: cocky/arrogant/ignorant Mario Tremblay)...he's not doing what is best for the team...killing all the heart players.
The team is 7-4-1

Subban has 6 points in 6 games.

If you don't like TEAM sport, you should stick to tennis or golf .

Therrien is doing exactly what he had annouced earlier. Create a team.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:05 AM
habtastic

I hardly think PK is being neutered.

I did, however want him in

a) last minute of the game (rather than Diaz)
b) OT PP

Apart from that, I really don't think Therrien has changed PK's game negatively at all. PK's screw up is what started this whole thing so let's not forget what he's capable of. I wouldn't have semi-benched him though. When you need to win the game either by scoring or defending, it's not the time to send a message. Is it just me, or do PK's breakouts seem a bit slower and with less ability to gain the zone. (And it's not due to Therrien neutering him. More like he's still not at top stride.)

Old
02-13-2013, 12:06 AM
LyricalLyricist

Why are people hating on therrien? He wasn't my first pick but his results aren't too bad right now. We finished last in the east last year, are you guys really suggesting we should be significantly better or something? relax.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Why are people hating on therrien? He wasn't my first pick but his results aren't too bad right now. We finished last in the east last year, are you guys really suggesting we should be significantly better or something? relax.
+ besides the two games against Toronto, the team has been really competitive.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Under the Randy's or under Martin, Subban was barely a 0.5 PPG D man...

Under Therrien is producing at a PPG...

and you're blaming Therrien for this ? really ? like huh... seriously ?

looks like the one with the red nose isnt MT afterall
Yeah I am. You think you're right. I think I'm right.
Settled.

You're giving way too much credit to Therrien.
Way too much. Not surprised Subban is averaging more than 1pt/game...he'll get 70-80pts one day (while playing solid defense)...wait and see. Imo, sky is the limit with Subban. But he's definitely on a leash with Therrien. A leash? ****ing insulting for the best dman we've had in ****ing decades. Show a little respect for Subban, no? I'd love to see Therrien on a leash and Subban pulling it.[/B]

Subban with 18min....that's what I don't like.
Any coach knows about Markov's injury history...I'd give Markov 18-21min,max (so as to have him in playoffs).
Subban is the iron-man...he could have 21min+.
Someone else here said he was benched in 3rd period.
Nice way to treat your all-heart dman. Best dman we've had in decades.
We all know Subban can play 24-30minutes/game...obviously it doesn't have to be like that every game...but you know he can do it.

A better/smarter coach would get Eller to maximize his potential.
A better/smarter coach would give Armstrong some rest until Armstrong can bodycheclk again and be way more gritty out there.
A better coach would find a way for Subban to be free with his talent but also mix it up by playing a balanced game.

Therrien blames quite a lot on one player...White.
I think that's stupid. White is a warrior that goes to war for his teammates...and Therrien comes in and blames him for everything.
White has been punished enough...time to bring him back...show White some respect.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-13-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old
02-13-2013, 12:11 AM
habtastic

I too think Therrien is doing a good job. I was about to rethink that opinion when the camera was firmly affixed on Frankie Bou just before the SO. That was either the most brilliant or idiotic thing. I wasn't very relieved when I found out who it was going to be instead, but hey, pleasant surprises are awesome.

Almost died when there was a potential call back of the goal due to the number mix up. I guess he could argue that it used to be his number,

Old
02-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Kriss E

Jean Jacques Daigneault is the one in charge of the Dmen, people should be talking about him if they mention PK.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Hugo Sham

what the **** i left at 3-0? anyway the good news is they were dominant for 54 minutes

Old
02-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 139
Quote:

Therrien is a clown.

Markov>Subban

It's as simple as that. Maybe Subban can become better but that's a big MAYBE.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Settled.

Any coach knows about Markov's injury history...I'd give Markov 18-21min,max (so as to have him in playoffs).
We all know Subban can play 24-30minutes/game...obviously it doesn't have to be like that every game...but you know he can do it.

A better/smarter coach would give Armstrong some rest until Armstrong can bodycheclk again and be way more gritty out there.
A better coach would find a way for Subban to be free with his talent but also mix it up by playing a balanced game.

I think that's stupid. White is a warrior that goes to war for his teammates...and Therrien comes in and blames him for everything.
White has been punished enough...time to bring him back...show White some respect.
If White is in, who is out ?

Don't worry. Subban will get more and more icetime as the season goes on. Same with Eller if he keeps up the good work.

Besides the two games against Toronto, the team has been quite competitive.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:19 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
If it was Desharnais with two double minors that lead to losses I doubt you'd have the same opinion.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:20 AM
MXD

Seriously... the hate-on regarding DD reminds of...

Hipsters.

Really.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Results aren't too bad, but our schedule has been very easy. Twice as many home games than road games. Of the 12 games, we've really only faced 2 very good teams (Boston and New Jersey).

Factor in FOUR blown leads of 2 goals or more already, some dubious use of the team's personnel (huge leashes for DD/Cole, Eller not getting more minutes despite playing well, Subban on the 3rd pair, etc) and it's easy to understand some of the criticism.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:22 AM
MXD

Quote:
Settled.

You're giving way too much credit to Therrien.
Way too much. Not surprised Subban is averaging more than 1pt/game...he'll get 70-80pts one day (while playing solid defense)...wait and see. Imo, sky is the limit with Subban. But he's definitely on a leash with Therrien. A leash? ****ing insulting for the best dman we've had in ****ing decades. Show a little respect for Subban, no? I'd love to see Therrien on a leash and Subban pulling it.[/B]

The better coach maximizes his TEAM.

Not a player.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:23 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Settled.

I think you are getting a little carried away with PK being the only D man who can do anything. I also want PK out there, but Markov has vision and playmaking ability that PK doesn't yet/is too impulsive. I think Therrien is managing the D well although he has to find a solution to solve these 3rd period meltdowns. PK has his strengths, but Markov has them too even if he's not perfect. Ebbs and flows. Markov the multi-time all-star is NOT one of the best D-men we've had in decades?? It's not Markov that should have sat during the "benching", it's the fact that Diaz was used instead (although there are arguments to be made for him actually being more consistent on the PP). I definitely wanted PK out there at the end when, of course, the puck pinballed and went of Diaz's skate. (Not his fault, but that's the only time I 10/10 times would have PK out there rather than Diaz.) PK is doing just fine. So is Markov. So is Gorges. So is Diaz. Boullion and Emelin play really well for most of the game but then have breakdowns.

Quote:
I agree with you on Eller completely, but I think lately, he's done very well with the linemates he's got and I've felt like he's had more icetime. At least we do see him on the PP now. Not during the JM days.

Quote:
Who would you take out? Armstrong? Can White play the wing effectively? Armstrong had a good game IMO. I'm sure White will come back soon, I don't feel like he's being punished. Knock on wood we are healthy for now, so, as Denis said, it's a meritocracy. I personally like Moen and think Armstrong actually does help create chances. I don't really get the hate for him, but I know it's strong.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:24 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think you are getting a little carried away with PK being the only D man who can do anything. I also want PK out there, but Markov has vision and playmaking ability that PK doesn't yet/is too impulsive. I think Therrien is managing the D well although he has to find a solution to solve these 3rd period meltdowns. PK has his strengths, but Markov has them too even if he's not perfect. Ebbs and flows. Markov the multi-time all-star is NOT one of the best D-men we've had in decades?? It's not Markov that should have sat during the "benching", it's the fact that Diaz was used instead (although there are arguments to be made for him actually being more consistent on the PP). I definitely wanted PK out there at the end when, of course, the puck pinballed and went of Diaz's skate. (Not his fault, but that's the only time I 10/10 times would have PK out there rather than Diaz.) PK is doing just fine. So is Markov. So is Gorges. So is Diaz. Boullion and Emelin play really well for most of the game but then have breakdowns.

I agree with you on Eller completely, but I think lately, he's done very well with the linemates he's got and I've felt like he's had more icetime. At least we do see him on the PP now. Not during the JM days.

Who would you take out? Armstrong? Can White play the wing effectively? Armstrong had a good game IMO. I'm sure White will come back soon, I don't feel like he's being punished. Knock on wood we are healthy for now, so, as Denis said, it's a meritocracy. I personally like Moen and think Armstrong actually does help create chances. I don't really get the hate for him, but I know it's strong.
Yeah, wasn't he a winger for most of last season? I mean, wasn't great at all, but it's not like MT plans to use him on our current 2nd line.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
The team is 7-4-1
Subban has 6 points in 6 games.
If you don't like TEAM sport, you should stick to tennis or golf .
Therrien is doing exactly what he had annouced earlier. Create a team.
I'll try to tone it down ('cause we're 7-4-1).
But you and I know it...we were so close to WWIII!! (if we lost tonight's game after leading 3-0...you know it! could have been 6-4-2).

You're happy...I'm happy with the 2pts...very important since it's pretty ''tight'' with points right now. For me it's either go far in playoffs or I'll hope we get a top 5 overall pick. Nothing in between.

Subban's 6pts in 6games...nothing to do with Therrien.
Subban is capable of getting 10 pts in 6 games (if he didn't have Therrien's leash on him).

I love team sports...I've played hockey, baseball...I'm a team player (huge Gorges fan) .
I just don't like Subban on a leash...Eller not playing with offensive forwards+not getting fair minutes... White's unfair treatment,etc,etc.

You don't call out White to the media.

Anyways...glad we won but...was could easily have been a LOSS! and then we'd all be fighting here!

Old
02-13-2013, 12:32 AM
MXD

Quote:
But you and I know it...we were so close to WWIII!! (if we lost tonight's game after leading 3-0...you know it!).

You're happy...I'm happy with the 2pts...very important since it's pretty ''tight'' with points right now. For me it's either go far in playoffs or I'll hope we get a top 5 overall pick. Nothing in between.

Subban is capable of getting 10 pts in 6 games (if he didn't have Therrien's leash on him).

I love team sports...I've played hockey, baseball...I'm a team player (huge Gorges fan) .
I just don't like Subban on a leash...Eller not playing with offensive forwards+not getting fair minutes... White's unfair treatment,etc,etc.

Anyways...glad we won but...was could easily have been a LOSS! and then we'd all be fighting here!
Again.... Optimizing specific players. Not team performance.

(This said, I'm convinced Subban will get more minutes soon enough).

Old
02-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Results aren't too bad, but our schedule has been very easy. Twice as many home games than road games. Of the 12 games, we've really only faced 2 very good teams (Boston and New Jersey).

Factor in FOUR blown leads of 2 goals or more already, some dubious use of the team's personnel (huge leashes for DD/Cole, Eller not getting more minutes despite playing well, Subban on the 3rd pair, etc) and it's easy to understand some of the criticism.
The fact that so many people are saying that the results are currently satisfying is really sad.

If you're using your squad that badly, you wont need to wait very long to collect the losses, because eventually, poor decisions leads to poor games.
Right now, you have some luck, because the leaders are there to bail you out of trouble, but you cant expect your team to have good results on the long run while doing so oddly with your personnel and tactics.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
But you and I know it...we were so close to WWIII!! (if we lost tonight's game after leading 3-0...you know it! could have been 6-4-2).

ThAt's not what you're trying to start here ?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:36 AM
MXD

Quote:
I guess we could also have been 6-5-1.

Next game, we could be 7-5-1, 7-5-2 or 8-5-1.

But it still doesn't change.

You want to optimize the performance of very few specific players. As opposed to the performance of the team.

Closed Thread