HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It doesn't matter how hard you try.. Oilers lose 4-1. (Avatar Help)

Old
02-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The game was over likely when it was 2-1. Tbh it looked like we could've played 3 more periods without scoring a goal. you disagree?
Yup. I said something similar to my friend...

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:37 AM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

So. 4 points from Jones, eh?

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:37 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Hall had 9 shots but the important thing is that he had 9 shots. I saw several times where he held back to get a shot on net and a rebound.

A skill that our team doesn't seem to possess.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:38 AM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

I thought that was the best all-around game for the Oilers this season.

Didn't end well of course, and they didn't bury their many chances but the effort was there. Continue playing like that and the better results will come.

10 games like that one in Columbus they get 1 win. 10 games like this one they probably get 8 or 9 wins.

Great game from Hall. I thought Petry had his best game of the year as well.

Eberle so many chances and just couldn't connect.

Belanger I thought had an overall pretty strong game. 78% on the dot as well.

Petrell looked good and even Potter wasn't bad.

Fistric I thought had another solid game.

Gagner worked hard but no results like the rest of the team.

MPS and Harti were less noticeable but not bad.

Yakupov I thought tried hard and just made some rough rookie mistakes. It's hard to get down on him as we all know he's still learning at this level of hockey but he definitely had some rough patches tonight but you can see he wants to work his butt off to contribute... he just seems like a player that's still working against the grain much of the time and needs to develop a better feel for the flow and dynamic of NHL level hockey.

It will come but honestly he is going to be a liability for a lot of games... comes with the territory when you are a rookie.

Dubnyk I thought played well for a guy that let in 4 goals. Some will say he played a poor game... I don't think so. Not his best outing but really can't fault him on flukey goals. The Jagr goal was tough to stop but he could have had that one. The guy has to let in a decent goal once in a while though and the Oilers weren't winning this tonight no matter what Dubnyk did. Luck just wasn't on their side.

Again... no complaints about the team effort and work as a whole... just the result wasn't there. I'm hoping this effort leads to more like this though because that's what it takes to be competitive and not just rely on your goalie every night.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Marincin28

I hope Krueger keeps the top line together it is working so well. Seth Jones would look great in Oiler silks.

Marincin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

the 12-year old Dallas coach is 6-0 against us...wow

this was karma for beating CBJ..we not business winning that game like we shouldn't have lost this one

Oilers cannot finish to save their lives...if one of Ebs/Nuge score we are off to the races but both can't buy a goal

play like this all year and we win more games then we lose...simple as that

CantHaveTkachev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Did you watch the same game that i did? RNH was great tonight, strong on the puck, skating well, setting up his teammates nicely. The lack of finish is frustrating but he had a great game otherwise, the best game that he has played this season.

I think i need to rewatch this game because i'm not sure how you guys can say that he was terrible.
Great game? I watched the game closely, iso'ed on Nuge, he did next to nothing and created nothing. Never had a scoring chance in the whole game from what I saw. This isn't being enough people.

Nuge is telegraphing plays, most teams have a firm book on what he's trying to do almost everytime and right now is looking about as effective as Omark.

One of the real problems is when you haven't scored in 25games or so nobody even has to take you, just cover the guys you're trying to pass to. You open up offence when you can actually score yourself and represent a threat.

Nuge right now has a longer cold streak then any forward on this club and completely unacceptable playing on a topline with huge PP minutes.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Joe Hallenback

Quote:
Great game? I watched the game closely, iso'ed on Nuge, he did next to nothing and created nothing. Never had a scoring chance in the whole game from what I saw. This isn't being enough people.

Nuge is telegraphing plays, most teams have a firm book on what he's trying to do almost everytime and right now is looking about as effective as Omark.

One of the real problems is when you haven't scored in 25games or so nobody even has to take you, just cover the guys you're trying to pass to. You open up offence when you can actually score yourself and represent a threat.

Nuge right now has a longer cold streak then any forward on this club and completely unacceptable playing on a topline with huge PP minutes.
Reasons to avoid Oiler HF see above

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Harley

Quote:
Gagner was fighting to create something on the pk with the game winding down anyway. Not like it cost us the game. Jaromir actually scored on the 4 on 4 anyway.

hate to say this again but N Schultz is NOT what people advertised here. Which is what I said all along.

This guy is not a shutdown D and not even close. Gets completely owned, bent over, and schooled on the last Dallas goal as he flails away getting beat to the net.

Thats our shutdown D isolated folks. Without J Schultz, a rookie carrying him it would be ugly. No accident that Tambo covers this botched trade by pairing the best D we've had in years with N Schultz to try to pretty up the pig.
You have no idea of what you talking about in regards to Nick Shultz. None. Zippo. Nadda. lol

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Harley

Quote:

And another total miss. lol

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Mentallydull

Quote:

You couldn't have been watching Nuge that closely if you completely missed the big chance he had in the last period.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:42 AM
topchowda

Quote:

Wow, we must be watching different games. Nuge was making great plays along the boards and down low. He was in good position all night

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
I shouldn't have said he was terrible. Still problems with faceoffs and shooting, just fighting it. Some very nice passes but he's not dominating games at all like he was the first 30 games last year.

This team has too many similar players. Hall, Hemsky, Yakupov. Eberle, Gagner, RNH.
Gagners they only player making effective passes on this team right now.

The two passes to Yak, to Hemsky, To Eberle, and a great pass to Petry. Some of the more dangerous scoring chances of the night. He's not being similar, he's being better, consistently. Note as well is he was saddled with Potter and Fistric most of the night. Any time Gagner was trying to pass back to the point it was like playing a game of find Waldo..

Old
02-13-2013, 12:43 AM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marincin28 View Post
I hope Krueger keeps the top line together it is working so well. Seth Jones would look great in Oiler silks.
If we got Seth and a new gm that would be the greatest day as an Oiler fan.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I understand Replacement's frustration completely. Nugent-Hopkins has got to start converting. Simple as that.

Old
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:

Guess you need a new prescription then. Lehtonen was the difference maker, stopped him point blank when the game was still 2-1 in the third.

Nuge is doing fine. His puck recovery and play in his own end is amazing considering he's 19 and this is his second year of pro hockey. Heads up pass to spring Hall a few times, unlucky to be robbed of a goal. At some point, it's got to go in for him.
Look at Phil Kessel, took over 80 shots before he scored this year. It happens. Nuge is fine.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
You have no idea of what you talking about in regards to Nick Shultz. None. Zippo. Nadda. lol
No I think it is the other way around. Zero points this year, -3 on the game, -1 on the season he is 'supposed' to be some great shut down stalwart. Sorry he isn't.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Marincin28

Quote:

100% agree. Nuge should be on the third line or PB

Marincin28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I understand Replacement's frustration completely. Nugent-Hopkins has got to start converting. Simple as that.
He sounds more happy than frustrated

GreatKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 50
Should've drafted landeskog, and galchenyuk, traded eberle last year when his stock was high, the highest it will ever be ..... trade gagner, and hemsky now while their stock is high!!!
C'mon tambo, time to start getting rid of the dead weight, and losers that you have put together and bring in some winners, cuz these guys blow

Who really cares who draft, even if we were to win the lottery again, ...cuz they will suck too!

Booyakasha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Guess you need a new prescription then. Lehtonen was the difference maker, stopped him point blank when the game was still 2-1 in the third.
I thought that particular save was overstated by DeBrusk. Lehtonen was stretched out to make the stop before RNH even got the puck.

Old
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
What did you see when he totally misread the play, lost an easy cover, lost positioning, and bent over the rest of the way.

Thats getting completely schooled by a no name career minor league player that had scored 3 NHL goals in his career and got an out of body experience playing against the loose coverage of N Schultz.

Old
oilfaninvan

Remember when Mick Mgeough screwed us out of a goal on the faceoff violation? Then some time later Stefan missed the open net and Hemsky scored to tie it?

These things have a funny way of working out even, so enjoy getting scored on by black magic, Dallas.

oilfaninvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:48 AM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
Should've drafted landeskog, and galchenyuk, traded eberle last year when his stock was high, the highest it will ever be ..... trade gagner, and hemsky now while their stock is high!!!
C'mon tambo, time to start getting rid of the dead weight, and losers that you have put together and bring in some winners, cuz these guys blow

Who really cares who draft, even if we were to win the lottery again, ...cuz they will suck too!
Step back from the ledge

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:48 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

I think they should sit Nugent Hopkins for a few.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote