HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We survived! "Bouillon" wins it in the SO!

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 11:37 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
The fact that so many people are saying that the results are currently satisfying is really sad.

If you're using your squad that badly, you wont need to wait very long to collect the losses, because eventually, poor decisions leads to poor games.
Right now, you have some luck, because the leaders are there to bail you out of trouble, but you cant expect your team to have good results on the long run while doing so oddly with your personnel and tactics.
Desharnais?

Leader?

Wow!

Didn't expect to read this here, of all places.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:40 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Imo, sky is the limit with Subban. But he's definitely on a leash with Therrien. A leash? ****ing insulting for the best dman we've had in ****ing decades. Show a little respect for Subban, no? I'd love to see Therrien on a leash and Subban pulling it.[/B]
What a crime, the team is winning and Subban has 6 pts in 6 games. FIRE THE COACH!

Old
02-12-2013, 11:41 PM
dkdaniel
GO HABS GO

Send a message via Skype™ to dkdaniel
I don't remember the last time we won in SO after losing a 3 goals lead.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Desharnais?

Leader?

Wow!

Didn't expect to read this here, of all places.
Im mainly talking about Plekanec (awesome this year) and Markov's ability on the PP. Not specifically about this game (Where Desharnais was again involved on the wrong side, since he's also misused.)

Old
02-12-2013, 11:48 PM
zzoo

Oh God, I hate this game, I absolutely hate this win. Grrrrrr.
It looked once again like last year.

Less than 6 minutes left, we still led 3-0. Less than 2 minutes left, we still led 3-1. How could they manage to ...
Imagine that Habs lost in OT !

Old
02-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
I don't remember the last time we won in SO after losing a 3 goals lead.
It wasn't that long ago. Almost the exact same scenario too: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/boxsco...?id=2011020951

Old
02-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Habs

Loved the part where our franchise goalie gets run at, and the only player bothered by it is the smallest player....

This team stinks.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Loved the part where our franchise goalie gets run at, and the only player bothered by it is the smallest player....

This team stinks.
And we would have had a PP instead of 4 on 4 if Bouillon didn't do that. Sometimes it's better not doing retards things.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:26 AM
CaliHab84

OK so we won but who cares really, if your gonna win like that whats the point of making the playoffs?

Majority of the games in the playoffs are one goal games or close games, this team cant even keep a 3 goal lead, they need to play better defensively they don't have a choice, PK's giveaway is what led to the first goal, they get to damn fancy and lazy after a lead that's this teams problem. Not enough passion...

Old
02-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Dharvey33

Was a big scare and i'm sure Therrien will his players to get their heads off their ass in the next games.

But still at the end of the year the only thing we'll be looking at is the 2 points.

It was a big scare and a recollection of last year but we have the 2 points.

Next game please.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:37 AM
OneSharpMarble

Hopefully Subbans head deflates a little bit, don't need selfish play like that becoming a habit.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
And we would have had a PP instead of 4 on 4 if Bouillon didn't do that. Sometimes it's better not doing retards things.
That penalty was ******** as hell. Thank God Bouillon stood up to his teammate.

A few hours later: this game wasn't so bad. The Bolts played an incredibly sloppy game, the Canadiens played a good road game, they made a few mistakes in the third and all hell broke lose. A bit more luck, and we're not having this conversation anyway (Bourque scores on the breakaway, Vinny is called for diving, Hedman's high sticking is called off).

No excuse, I know. But in the end, we won. I just hope the Habs' confidence isn't too shaken up after this one...

Old
02-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Hopefully Subbans head deflates a little bit, don't need selfish play like that becoming a habit.
What?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Punkeater

It happens to all the teams... NYR blew up a lead tonight too. Chill out guys. By the opinion of all hockey analysts, we're not even supposed to make playoffs so let's not get too angry about.... a win?

Old
02-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Bergy is that you?

Old
02-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
White...the lesson is waaaaaaay over.
Time to put this all-heart warrior back on our 4th line.
He can play some hockey (tough in the corners and actually can make some passes...has some hockey sense from what I've seen...let him ****ing play...must be torture for White to be in the doghouse like this...and for having too much of a heart...he's gone overboard but at least we know he cares and plays like a warrior for our Habs).

Subban:
gets 2 pts tonight...and then doesn't play anymore.
**** you Therrien.

Therrien is going to feel so ****ed in the *** when/if Markov gets injured. He's going to look at Subban for all the help and Subban should tell Therrien to go **** himself. You don't constantly punish the ones who go to war for you. Therrien can get the **** out of here.

IF Markov is injured...every coach wants Subban to play 30min/game. Markov should play less because we want to preserve his health (jinxed body, bad luck, doesn't know how to protect himself in the boards...doesn't get ready for a body checker coming his way,etc).

Can't wait to hire a competent french-Quebecois (Boucher? Mathieu Darche one day?!!) and not just clown after clown after clown just 'cause he has pure laine blood. So ****ing stupid. I don't care if a coach is from Europe or Asia (get a translator I don't care)...as long as he can be fair with the players and get the best out of them. This Therrien is all about punishing and punishing our all-heart players.
You don't get it! Therrien wants Markov to break down. Subban is there to extend Bouillons career

Awesome post btw

Old
02-13-2013, 01:42 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Hey, bad breaks happen. Habs had control for like 56 minutes of play AND got the W. with a team like Tampa, you never know when their weapons are gonna put it together.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:48 AM
coolasprICE

Softest team in the NHL show's up again.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:52 AM
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkeater View Post
It happens to all the teams... NYR blew up a lead tonight too. Chill out guys. By the opinion of all hockey analysts, we're not even supposed to make playoffs so let's not get too angry about.... a win?
You don't get it. It's not the fact that we blew up a 3-0 tonight, it's the freaking fact that it HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. Last year we had the same problem and it looks like we have the same syndrome again. How many 2 goals leads we blew so far? Maybe 5-6, i don't even know. But one thing that i'm sure is that it needs to stop. Right now it's in the head of the players and as soon as they allow 1 goal they are starting to panicking and playing bad.

MT needs to address this problem, because this isn't funny anymore.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:33 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

With his 3rd hit of the season, Desharnais has now taken the lead as the hardest hitter among our top 3 centers this season.

Plekanec has 2, and Galchenyuk too. We're in for an interesting competition for the remainder of the season...

Old
02-13-2013, 03:48 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think you are getting a little carried away with PK being the only D man who can do anything. I also want PK out there, but Markov has vision and playmaking ability that PK doesn't yet/is too impulsive. I think Therrien is managing the D well although he has to find a solution to solve these 3rd period meltdowns. PK has his strengths, but Markov has them too even if he's not perfect. Ebbs and flows. Markov the multi-time all-star is NOT one of the best D-men we've had in decades?? It's not Markov that should have sat during the "benching", it's the fact that Diaz was used instead (although there are arguments to be made for him actually being more consistent on the PP). I definitely wanted PK out there at the end when, of course, the puck pinballed and went of Diaz's skate. (Not his fault, but that's the only time I 10/10 times would have PK out there rather than Diaz.) PK is doing just fine. So is Markov. So is Gorges. So is Diaz. Boullion and Emelin play really well for most of the game but then have breakdowns.

I agree with you on Eller completely, but I think lately, he's done very well with the linemates he's got and I've felt like he's had more icetime. At least we do see him on the PP now. Not during the JM days.

Who would you take out? Armstrong? Can White play the wing effectively? Armstrong had a good game IMO. I'm sure White will come back soon, I don't feel like he's being punished. Knock on wood we are healthy for now, so, as Denis said, it's a meritocracy. I personally like Moen and think Armstrong actually does help create chances. I don't really get the hate for him, but I know it's strong.
Armstrong had one or two good games (we need more grit from Armstrong)...White gives you his heart every game (C or Winger)...Therrien and White should just communicate more often to work together and not punish, punish, punish an all-heart warrior. Against GOON teams like the Bruins and Leafs...you have got to dress White. This way we have White AND Prust vs 4-5 goons instead of just Prust. Rotate Armstrong and White (especially against the Bruins and Leafs).

Healthy team:
And you're right...so happy right now we have a healthy team so rare!! I really hope we can stay healthy for a long long time (it's time we got lucky in this department).

Markov (imo) is one of the most cerebral dmen we've had in decades (best overall...not for me, but he can catch up by delivering big time in playoffs...he never really delivered in playoffs...at least not yet (like Roy, Chelios, Desjardins, Schneider, Muller...all did... I've seen a lot more already from Subban vs Markov in playoffs..... Markov can't keep up with the Crosbys, Ovechkins in playoffs...Subban has the speed to shadow them). Markov still has time to somehow deliver in playoffs...maybe by helping the PP in playoffs? (I hope he will to shut me up!).

Markov in a nutshell (for me): very cerebral...love his vision (like you mentioned), love his long and even short passes (smart), trademark outlet passes and trademark criss-cross passes on the PP,etc...my biggest complaint is his jinxed body (his injuries really screw up our team but finally got us...Galchenyuk!) and how he doesn't always protect himself out there (like a sitting duck out there sometimes along the boards/corners)...and speed is not his forte (his mind is, but that's not always enough...many many fast players out there and Markov can't keep up...Subban sure can). Overall...I'm a bigger fan of Subban. The best dman we've seen in decades (imo) is not Markov...but Subban (imo). I really think Subban is one of the best in the NHL (if not now then very soon). And...I really think Subban will be a playoff hero for many seasons...he's built to be a hero (loves the pressure-playoffs spotlight...doesn't shy away from it and just looks/plays like a winner...and love the fact that Subban could become an iron-man...knows how to protect himself out there...and I hope it continues...very important for a #1 dman to be an iron-man out there or else...it's just injury thread after injury thread, year after year...).

Markov (more about Markov!)... is a poor-man version of Lidstrom (poor man in a good way...and Lidstrom was an ultimate iron-man, Mr.Cerebral, Mr.Longevity, Mr.Playoffs, Mr.Regular Season, even a Mr.Gentleman!... Markov has a long way to go before being mentioned in the same category as Lidstrom (no matter how much love Markov gets in Montreal)...especially when it comes to playoffs...I want Markov to prove me wrong when the season really counts). And, Subban is one of a kind. I've never seen a dman like him...most stylish/entertaining/athletic/talented dman by far to wear the CH...but is now on a Therrien leash (I miss Subban's rushes...when he times it well...very entertaining). I actually preferred Malakhov vs Markov, but not overall...'cause Malakhov was so inconsistent, but when Malakhov was HOT he was a treat to watch (smooth like Bouwmeester but a lot tougher and had more talent, imo). It's too bad Malakhov was not always so into hockey...he was really good (and fun to watch) when he decided to play or be consistent (not often).

Markov and Subban together again!:
In the end...so happy to see Markov (healthy!) and Subban finally playing for our Habs at the same time!! (please let it continue for a long, long time!). Our team is much much better with Subban and Markov. I want to see more Subban-Markov on the PP!!

Eller:
I'd rotate him with DD...to be fair and for the team (to get the most out of both of them). Whoever is hotter for that game...let him get more minutes.
Pacioretty - Eller/DD - Cole
OR
Moen - DD/Eller - White/Armstrong.

Go Habs Go!!

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-13-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old
02-13-2013, 04:24 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
You don't get it! Therrien wants Markov to break down. Subban is there to extend Bouillons career

Awesome post btw
Haha!! Some will call me crazy...but I want Therrien to pace it a bit when it comes to Markov! I know Markov could play 21 to 24 min every game, but...I'm just happy he's healthy!! I don't want therrien to over do it with Markov's ice-time. So...please don't over do it!! stay healthy and always always watch your back out there especially in the boards and corners...want to see a healthy Markov for playoffs to see what he can do (when it really counts).
18 to 21min/game is more than good enough...just keep Markov healthy! (pace it!).

And about Bouille...
Bouillon is extending his career all by himself!!
He's built like a tank and is solid for the #5-6 position.

I know everyone here wished he was 6'5 (me too!), but not worried since he has a heart of a lion. And, Bouillon (and Diaz+Emelin) are all giving time for Tinordi and Beaulieu to develop (I don't want Tinordi and/or Beaulieu and Ellis coming in to the NHL looking unprepared/silly...I want them here fully prepared and not too raw...I can't stand the wait but we have no choice if we want them to be fully developed...I trust management more than ourselves for that!). After Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis...it will be Thrower and Dietz...can't wait but better to wait vs rush! (and no choice since they're way too raw right now!).

Old
02-13-2013, 04:43 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Yeah I am. You think you're right. I think I'm right.
Settled.

You're giving way too much credit to Therrien.
Way too much. Not surprised Subban is averaging more than 1pt/game...he'll get 70-80pts one day (while playing solid defense)...wait and see. Imo, sky is the limit with Subban. But he's definitely on a leash with Therrien. A leash? ****ing insulting for the best dman we've had in ****ing decades. Show a little respect for Subban, no? I'd love to see Therrien on a leash and Subban pulling it.[/B]

Subban with 18min....that's what I don't like.
Any coach knows about Markov's injury history...I'd give Markov 18-21min,max (so as to have him in playoffs).
Subban is the iron-man...he could have 21min+.
Someone else here said he was benched in 3rd period.
Nice way to treat your all-heart dman. Best dman we've had in decades.
We all know Subban can play 24-30minutes/game...obviously it doesn't have to be like that every game...but you know he can do it.

A better/smarter coach would get Eller to maximize his potential.
A better/smarter coach would give Armstrong some rest until Armstrong can bodycheclk again and be way more gritty out there.
A better coach would find a way for Subban to be free with his talent but also mix it up by playing a balanced game.

Therrien blames quite a lot on one player...White.
I think that's stupid. White is a warrior that goes to war for his teammates...and Therrien comes in and blames him for everything.
White has been punished enough...time to bring him back...show White some respect.
huh...

Old
02-13-2013, 04:48 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I too think Therrien is doing a good job. I was about to rethink that opinion when the camera was firmly affixed on Frankie Bou just before the SO. That was either the most brilliant or idiotic thing. I wasn't very relieved when I found out who it was going to be instead, but hey, pleasant surprises are awesome.

Almost died when there was a potential call back of the goal due to the number mix up. I guess he could argue that it used to be his number,
Why weren't you relived? Desharnais has some of the best shootouts numbers in the league, IIRC. Nearly 50%. Even when he doesn't score, his attempts look good.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:48 AM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post

This team stinks.
That's not entirely fair. There was a pretty big crowd gathered around Lee fairly quickly. Francis was just the first guy there because he was closest to the whole mess.

Fat lot of good it did us. I'm still absolutely disgusted that they drew coincidental minors on the play. Meanwhile Hedman spends 30 seconds abusing Cole (whether or not he deserved it is another matter - Lee certainly deserved a bit of a rough up for his run at Price, but by comparison he was barely accosted, while Hedman stalked Cole)

Closed Thread