HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 11:49 PM
PernellKarl76

vCash: 50
Trading for O'Reilly is trading for another RFA negotiation with Don Meehan

From what i've read the Avs are holding steady on a bridge deal, and O'Reilly's camp wants a 5 year $25mil deal. Not saying he isnt worth that, but does Bergevin go for it?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:46 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

vCash: 500
That's a good point. Bergevin stood his ground against Meehan. I don't think they'll be trying to dance again before they really have to.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:26 AM
OneSharpMarble

So Bergevin holds Subban over a barrel to get a bridge contract only to buckle and trade for another guy and give him everything he wants?

I don't buy it, sounds like something from "All My Children". Unless we are getting a crazy good deal here we aren't getting ROR.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Habsrback

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Why do leaf fans also say no to the trade though?
Because they are Leafs' fans.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Habsrback

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So Bergevin holds Subban over a barrel to get a bridge contract only to buckle and trade for another guy and give him everything he wants?

I don't buy it, sounds like something from "All My Children". Unless we are getting a crazy good deal here we aren't getting ROR.
I second the motion. Just doesn't make sense.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:51 AM
Habsrback

MB is evaluating his assets during this short season. IF the goal is really to build a Stanley Cup contender for many years, and considering the supposedly exceptional quality of this 2013 draft, he well positioned to trade himself into a postion where he would have 6-7 picks in the first two rounds without touching his core of the future (Price, Subban,Patch, GallyA, GallyB, Collberg, Tinordi, Thrower).

Habs already have one 1st and three 2nds...players like Markov, Gionta, Cole, DD can be traded to contending teams or even to some desperate GMs hoping to save their job (ex:WSH) in return of draft picks. IMO Markov would fetch a 1st +a role player and the others some solid 2nds.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:28 AM
DAChampion

I am not sure why ROR is considered a young star.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:15 AM
S Bah

If Bergevin can bring some toughness in by trading Diaz + for Erik Johnson I'm all in.If our 1st round pick gets involved for a package I want Matt Duschene not ROR.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:28 AM
DAChampion

I see no reason to believe that ROR will be that much better than Eller.

ROR's number 1 linemate last season wwas Gabriel Landeskog. He also got over 15 minutes a game of ice time last year. In comparis.n, Eller's number 1 linemate was Travis Moen, and his ice time was about 12:30, or about 17% less than ROR. He's also 2 inches taller and will be playing on a substantially lesser cap hit.

Basically the proposed trade, if we assume Eller-ROR is a wash, is Leblanc, Diaz, 1st rounder, and "roster player" for Erik Johnson. That's an interesting gamble.

I hope the AVs throw in Bordeleau :-)

Old
02-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
MB is evaluating his assets during this short season. IF the goal is really to build a Stanley Cup contender for many years, and considering the supposedly exceptional quality of this 2013 draft, he well positioned to trade himself into a postion where he would have 6-7 picks in the first two rounds without touching his core of the future (Price, Subban,Patch, GallyA, GallyB, Collberg, Tinordi, Thrower).

Habs already have one 1st and three 2nds...players like Markov, Gionta, Cole, DD can be traded to contending teams or even to some desperate GMs hoping to save their job (ex:WSH) in return of draft picks. IMO Markov would fetch a 1st +a role player and the others some solid 2nds.
Unless I'm way off, there is no way in hell MB trades Markov for a 1st and a role player. As much as it would be nice to get another 1st(potentially top 10), Markov is a key piece to respectability, resurgence and by the same token developing young players without being put under siege. Same goes for Gionta and Cole, if you trade them you end up force feeding ice time to Galchenyuk at 18(19 now) and Gallagher at 20.

Unless the return is huge, I don't see us trading Markov. I think he will sign an extension barring injury, 2 more years at around 5 mil.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Halifaxhab*

Maybe, instead of trying to swing massive deals (which happen very very rarely) we should look at trying to land a minor one?

Weber---wants to play, anywhere

Trade Weber to EDM for Peckham.

Peckham is on a conditioning stint in OKC right now, he'll likely continue for a few more games, but he could play bottom pair or 7th dman for us, effectively and offer some solid crease clearing and physical play (oh, and he can drop the gloves well too)

I am of the opinion that Desharnais' time with the team will be coming to an end no later than next season, so I would try and trade him at the deadline for the best pckage I can get (a 1st would be awesome)

Old
02-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Maybe, instead of trying to swing massive deals (which happen very very rarely) we should look at trying to land a minor one?

Weber---wants to play, anywhere

Trade Weber to EDM for Peckham.

Peckham is on a conditioning stint in OKC right now, he'll likely continue for a few more games, but he could play bottom pair or 7th dman for us, effectively and offer some solid crease clearing and physical play (oh, and he can drop the gloves well too)

I am of the opinion that Desharnais' time with the team will be coming to an end no later than next season, so I would try and trade him at the deadline for the best pckage I can get (a 1st would be awesome)

I would rather get a 3rd rounder than Peckham. He won't crack our top 6 barring injury, no point adding another spare part in return for a young player with the upside to be better.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

How about we try not to trade for anyone and we instead try to make room for UFA Getzlaf instead? Wouldn't cost us any draft picks or prospect and we would finally have a #1 center.

That's IF MB can pull it off!

MaxPac - Getzlaf - Galchenyuk
Bourque - Plekanec - Cole

Old
02-13-2013, 08:22 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habster33 View Post
How about we try not to trade for anyone and we instead try to make room for UFA Getzlaf instead? Wouldn't cost us any draft picks or prospect and we would finally have a #1 center.

Cole - Plekanec - Bourque
MB can certainly pull off the move to bring Getzlaf here.

I'm just not sure he'll want to do so.

I'm not against the idea, though.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
MB can certainly pull off the move to bring Getzlaf here.

I'm just not sure he'll want to do so.

I'm not against the idea, though.
I'm not sure Getzlaf would want to come here either but I'm sure Montreal has some good selling points lol. And MB seems like a guy to have people skill to make a very good impression.

We would definitely have to many Forwards on board but in the off season, I think it's never a bad thing. Choose the player you want to go with and trade the others.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habster33 View Post

Bourque - Plekanec - Cole
I'm not against this...but you have to be careful.

A team is almost guaranteed to overpay for a UFA by it's nature, however if you overpay too much you end up with a Gomez type situation(even his 1st year here) where the player is good but his contract leads to problems and eventually poor performance.

Where do you draw the line on a 7 year deal? 7 mil? 8 mil? 9 mil?
I'm sure if a team wants him bad enough they can get him...but Getzlaf is not Malkin.

Another factor is we may see an NBA-like trade and sign since they can now go to 8 years, plus the team losinbg a UFA will want a pick or other asset back.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I would rather get a 3rd rounder than Peckham. He won't crack our top 6 barring injury, no point adding another spare part in return for a young player with the upside to be better.
The sad part is Weber is not going to crack our top 6 either. We have alot of PMDs (even RH ones) in our system. At least with Peckham, he can platoon in for games where they feel more muscle is needed without hurting us defensively. Also, he is still young and RFA and would sign fairly cheap. But of course, that kind of move is dependant on what MB sees from guys like Tinordi and others in Hamilton, and who he feels is still going to be around next year. But for this season, I'd do this.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:22 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
10m/15 years.
New CBA says 7 years max. You been in Hibernation?

Old
02-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
The sad part is Weber is not going to crack our top 6 either. We have alot of PMDs (even RH ones) in our system. At least with Peckham, he can platoon in for games where they feel more muscle is needed without hurting us defensively. Also, he is still young and RFA and would sign fairly cheap. But of course, that kind of move is dependant on what MB sees from guys like Tinordi and others in Hamilton, and who he feels is still going to be around next year. But for this season, I'd do this.
I don't like the value. If I'm going to trade Weber for a d-man it would be Fistric or Erskine, they can play #5-6 minutes, Peckham can't.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't like the value. If I'm going to trade Weber for a d-man it would be Fistric or Erskine, they can play #5-6 minutes, Peckham can't.
fair enough. I think Peckham could do ok on 3rd pair/ 7th dman duties.

But I have a hard time believing a GM would give us a 3rd for Weber at this point based solely on potential. He has been hampered by getting passed on the depth chart, sadly. I like the guy, and would have used him instead of moving for Kabersuck.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

But I have a hard time believing a GM would give us a 3rd for Weber at this point based solely on potential. He has been hampered by getting passed on the depth chart, sadly. I like the guy, and would have used him instead of moving for Kabersuck.
A team trading for Weber would have seen him play in the NHL, he has 110 NHL games under his belt and in some has played very well. He is a guy that can add to a PP right away and potentially as a regular #5-6 on a team with some size on defense. He becomes redundant here because of Markov Subban and Diaz plus Kaberle.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:27 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I see no reason to believe that ROR will be that much better than Eller.
Agreed. It is easy to fooled by the hype but after he got here and everyone realized he was a 15 to 20 goal guy they would be wondering what happened

Old
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Insulting Kaberle while pumping Peckhams tires! Wow you should watch some hockey, Peckham shouldn't even be in the NHL. Go check out Edmontons defence.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I'm sorry but **** RoR. I'm just as sick of this guy as I am about Huberdeau. You guys can really ruin a player for a guy.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Mark Streit will on the market this summer I think the habs should try to get him, Subban-Streit .

He is 34 years old so we wouldn't be breaking the bank and the Isles have so many contracts to negotiate this summer that I don't think they will offer him something that we couldn't offer better.

Bouillon's contract is coming to an end and we could still sign him to a 1yr 900K$ deal ( he's alright as a regular player but would be a great replacement D if any injuries occur ) with Kaberle and Weber gone we're looking at 5.1M$ of cap space ( with no buy-out ) so offering Streit a 3yr deal @ 4.0M$/yr and keeping (or not) Bouillon @ 900K$ we still save 200K$ of cap space.

Last edited by Alexdaman: 02-14-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Closed Thread