HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We survived! "Bouillon" wins it in the SO!

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 04:51 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Desharnais?

Leader?

Wow!

Didn't expect to read this here, of all places.
He was an assistant captain in Hamilton... Being a leader isn't out of the question.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:55 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Why weren't you relived? Desharnais has some of the best shootouts numbers in the league, IIRC. Nearly 50%. Even when he doesn't score, his attempts look good.
besides, outside guys like Stamkos, Kane, Malkin, etc... others usually have good enough hands to participate in SO imo, unless you go with 4th liners obviously.

MT had a hunch, went with DD, kid scored, that's fine to me.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:25 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Two reasons they get into trouble are lack of concentration or execution.

1. I can't remember a year when the passing has beem so pathetic. We can't make 3 soils tape to tape passes to generate offense. Point shots never get passed the first defensive player. Passes in skates or just of sticks, it's like the guys are playing with a LIVE grenade! I can see it for the first couple of games because of no exhibition games, but by now...come on!

2. Faceoffs. we just suck at them. Am I the only one who gets nervous when we ice the puck? Our centers have to be better, bring in a FACEOFF expert... Ask Perrault to come in as a consultant...something!

Old
02-13-2013, 05:35 AM
muzion

Diaz played 24 minutes, Subban 18

Old
02-13-2013, 06:02 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
You mean Subbans terrible defensive play?
Child please, your hate for Subban is really showing with this post. Subban took his man along the boards and Hedman was COLE's man, get your facts straight before you post. Subban was the best defensman last night.

Quote:
Hopefully Subbans head deflates a little bit, don't need selfish play like that becoming a habit.
I just got to this failure of a post. So your contribution to this PGT is to basically bash Subban both times who did nothing wrong, not like I already didn't know that was your intention though.

And to those saying that Subban was sat in the third because of his mistake you're out to lunch because like I said, he didn't make the mistake on the goal, and his TOI was 5:56-5:46-6:11 so as you can see he played more minutes in the third period, not less. It's just Therrien who is too damn blind to see he is our best defenseman and he won't play him as such, I'm starting to already dislike him for this. He also refuses to use PK on the PK, had only 1:00 the entire night on it. And the most baffling of all is ONE single shift in the OT period, wow.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 02-13-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old
02-13-2013, 06:15 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Well, what to say about last night...

Happy with the two points and happy with the first 55 minutes of the game but holy ****! HOLD A ****ING LEAD!

I still don't like that Hedman's second goal counted.

Desharnais (before the SO goal) and Cole once again a useless night in my books. These two need to get their **** together for this team to expect to go anywhere.

Should have been an easy win but as usual they make it hard on themselves. But at least this time, they get to learn that lesson with two points in the bank.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:24 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Like Michel Therrien said; "We played real good for 54 minutes."

It was good to see them squeak out the win despite blowing the lead, but they need to tighten up defensively if they want to play the shutdown game in the 3rd period. For the love of God, stick Subban with Gorges and play them half the period, if needed.

Also, the team failing to score more in the 1st period - given all their chances - nearly killed them again. They really need to learn that vicious killer mentality and open the floodgates. The chances are there but Lord, they have a hard time sticking that puck into the net.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
02-13-2013, 06:43 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaby23 View Post
And we would have had a PP instead of 4 on 4 if Bouillon didn't do that. Sometimes it's better not doing retards things.
I don't care. I will take the penalty every time. Someone hurts your important players (especially your goalie) you beat them. Frankly, Bouillion shouldn't have even gotten a penalty. there.

Need to get meaner on the back end. I think Bergevin will make changes there.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:44 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Hopefully Subbans head deflates a little bit, don't need selfish play like that becoming a habit.
Still mad he bumped Kaberle out of the lineup I presume.

Old
02-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The inability to go for the kill is still obvious in this squad. They can't stop going for it. Well if it's 5-0 then you can play more defensive.

Now the anxious time we all wait to see what happens to Matt Kassian

Also, Armstrong had his best game all season. 4th line looked good

Old
02-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I don't care. I will take the penalty every time. Someone hurts your important players (especially your goalie) you beat them. Frankly, Bouillion shouldn't have even gotten a penalty. there.

Need to get meaner on the back end. I think Bergevin will make changes there.
agreed. I see a deal with EDM for Peckham coming. Because the guy probably wont cost much at all. Maybe the deal Weber has been waiting on?

Old
02-13-2013, 07:07 AM
sharks9

I think people are freaking out a bit too much about the blown lead. Those last 2 goals were the flukiest things I've ever seen.

And at the end of the day, 2 points is 2 points and I'm happy to get it. Need to get a win on Thursday for sure to keep up the momentum!

Old
02-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
I think people are freaking out a bit too much about the blown lead. Those last 2 goals were the flukiest things I've ever seen.

And at the end of the day, 2 points is 2 points and I'm happy to get it. Need to get a win on Thursday for sure to keep up the momentum!
Price SHUT THE DOOR on:

- Hedman
- St. Louis
- Stamkos

He took care of the business in the end and that's it, game over, habs win and get the 2 points.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Like Michel Therrien said; "We played real good for 54 minutes."

It was good to see them squeak out the win despite blowing the lead, but they need to tighten up defensively if they want to play the shutdown game in the 3rd period. For the love of God, stick Subban with Gorges and play them half the period, if needed.

Also, the team failing to score more in the 1st period - given all their chances - nearly killed them again. They really need to learn that vicious killer mentality and open the floodgates. The chances are there but Lord, they have a hard time sticking that puck into the net.
I don't find that it's "just the last 6 minutes". They have a skating team but played very passive most of the 3rd period. It started to unravel after the PP where TB had guys jump up in the play and Cole and DD failed to take their men in Pyatt and Hedman. The last 2 goals were caused by momentum but were lucky and maybe illegal in nature. The 2nd goal looks to be either(take your pick) a high stick or a high glove, how is the replay NOT conclusive?

Lindback was very shaky, TB was even lucky it was only 3-0. He had 2 other pucks behind him that managed to stay out, as big as he is, he is very awkward in close.

All that being said, I still think we need a big stay at home "crease cleaner" that can play 17-19 minutes and help protect those kinds of leads. A younger version of Gill. Tinordi will eventually be a deluxe version of that player(20-24 minute) who dominates down low.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliHab84 View Post
OK so we won but who cares really, if your gonna win like that whats the point of making the playoffs?

Majority of the games in the playoffs are one goal games or close games, this team cant even keep a 3 goal lead, they need to play better defensively they don't have a choice, PK's giveaway is what led to the first goal, they get to damn fancy and lazy after a lead that's this teams problem. Not enough passion...
I wouldn't really call that a "giveaway", the puck bounced on him, but he recovered. The goal happened like 3 plays later because of poor backchecking by DD and Cole.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:37 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

i cant even categorize last night as a collapse or a blown lead.
Not like TB was charging on and we were letting them dictate the 3rd. It was 1 defensive breakdown on the first, 1 lucky/borderline goal and 1 goal that went off a body & 2 skates.
Besides that, TB had nothing going for them at all.

Was they way a team was suppose to play on the road. Fans have to over react to everything, especially after the games last week.
As we see with every team, there are peaks & valleys in a short season like this. We deserved the Win and thankfully got it.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:39 AM
Gary320

Ive never seen a PGT like this. Its expected, but man is it odd. I dont think we are the only ones that feel like this, even Desharnais seemed prettty upset after the win.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Uber Coca

Unimpressive effort by both teams last night. Again, I can't stand how referees are having such an influence on the game. I can live with the Hedman goal because it wasn't obvious, I can live with Lecavalier diving even if we've been penalized for it this season, but I can't stand the Bouillon penalty for sticking to his goaltender. So basically the referees told both teams that running a goaltender gives you a 2 minutes penalty but you can't touch the offender. Crappy reffing again.

Anyway, I think both teams shouldn't earn a point after this kind of performance.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Unimpressive effort by both teams last night. Again, I can't stand how referees are having such an influence on the game. I can live with the Hedman goal because it wasn't obvious, I can live with Lecavalier diving even if we've been penalized for it this season, but I can't stand the Bouillon penalty for sticking to his goaltender. So basically the referees told both teams that running a goaltender gives you a 2 minutes penalty but you can't touch the offender. Crappy reffing again.

Anyway, I think both teams shouldn't earn a point after this kind of performance.
The Habs definitely put in the proper effort at both ends for 45-50 minutes. The breakdowns in the 3rd were not as bad as 3 goals the last 6 minutes would indicate.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Poor Price, I feel for him, it's games he should have gotten a shutout and got robbed in the last couple of minutes. Caps and Bolts

Old
02-13-2013, 08:05 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

This is the type of game you just forget about it and move on with the 2 points. The call that annoyed me most is the Bouillon call for roughing, all Bouillon did was drop 1 one of his gloves to fight the guy, but when he saw the guy wasn't going to, he didn't do anything. And that Hedman second goal was a joke.

Wtv take the positive and move on. Team is in good position so far, 7-4-1 record, while we are 7th in the east in points, we played 1 less game, so our point% is actually tied for 4th in the East, and 9th in the whole league.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:09 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The Habs definitely put in the proper effort at both ends for 45-50 minutes. The breakdowns in the 3rd were not as bad as 3 goals the last 6 minutes would indicate.
One goal came from a 5 - 3 and both other goals came from the fourth line. The powerplay last night was a disaster. They lost the punch they had in the beginning of the season. Also, Therrien is not expecting his fourth line to score in the next games in order to win them.

I don't think the effort was good, and I think the Bolts played terrible.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:14 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzion View Post
Diaz played 24 minutes, Subban 18
Only Bouillon had less TOI on defense...

Galchenyuk and Gallagher only about 11 minutes. (Like Armstrong, Moen)

I want Subban for a good 22-24 minutes.

Diaz isnt really that good.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:15 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Child please, your hate for Subban is really showing with this post. Subban took his man along the boards and Hedman was COLE's man, get your facts straight before you post. Subban was the best defensman last night.

I just got to this failure of a post. So your contribution to this PGT is to basically bash Subban both times who did nothing wrong, not like I already didn't know that was your intention though.

And to those saying that Subban was sat in the third because of his mistake you're out to lunch because like I said, he didn't make the mistake on the goal, and his TOI was 5:56-5:46-6:11 so as you can see he played more minutes in the third period, not less. It's just Therrien who is too damn blind to see he is our best defenseman and he won't play him as such, I'm starting to already dislike him for this. He also refuses to use PK on the PK, had only 1:00 the entire night on it. And the most baffling of all is ONE single shift in the OT period, wow.
Not to hate on Subban but he did give up on the play when he missed his check.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Only Bouillon had less TOI on defense...

Galchenyuk and Gallagher only about 11 minutes. (Like Armstrong, Moen)

I want Subban for a good 22-24 minutes.

Diaz isnt really that good.
Also came away annoyed with the the PK sub-utilization. Diaz is fine for what he does, but he's really the 18-minute guy. And Bouillon. And Emelin shouldn't have any PP time. The team is still not getting the most out of its D.

Closed Thread