HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Which defenseman would you rather have for a cup run?

View Poll Results: Which defenseman do you want on your team for a playoff push?
Chara 169 58.28%
Weber 47 16.21%
Karlsson 62 21.38%
Other 12 4.14%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2013, 09:50 AM
  #126
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
I'll take Weber, because he's the only one I don't hope falls off a building.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:16 AM
  #127
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
You do realize that winning a playoff round, just a single one would help your argument but until then keep smiling in the mirror at your Sens jersey because your argument is really weak here.
Players win playoff rounds by themselves?

An my argument is weak?

Try again big guy.

Penner>spezza, right?

jbeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:48 PM
  #128
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
All this shows is that you didn't watch the series. Karlsson played some of his best defensive hockey and was still good offensively despite only have 1 point. Karlsson is more than a point machine.

I meant last year and this year in general.


Are you anal about everything?
Meh. Heard the same thing last year that he cant maintain point per game.
Karlsson is still getting the same amount of PP and even strength, so being on the PK wont affect his point production.



Karlsson won the Norris because he was the best all-around dman. It had nothing to do with other players.

Your arguments are opinion and grasping at straws.
You're against the stats stating it means nothing, but then you turn around state opinions mean nothing as well?

It's apparent to me if I don't agree Karlsson is the best defenseman in any and every situation, I lose this argument. I suppose there's nothing more to say.

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:26 AM
  #129
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 19,258
vCash: 203
Depends on the team for me. All have their strengths.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:53 AM
  #130
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,410
vCash: 500
Karlsson close over Chara for me anyways

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:20 AM
  #131
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,738
vCash: 500
Who would you have wanted at the age of 22?

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:09 PM
  #132
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenateReform View Post
You said he choked in the playoffs last year. In my books I'd call that trashing considering it's not even true. You also used AINEC when comparing the reigning Norris winner so you're clearly holding some sort of bias/anger/jealousy towards Karlsson.
I said ainec... and? imo without Chara you don't even sniff the finals in 2007, Thats not to say Karlsson can't do the same eventually.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
  #133
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
I said ainec... and? imo without Chara you don't even sniff the finals in 2007, Thats not to say Karlsson can't do the same eventually.
So explain 2007, where we sniffed the finals without Zdeno Chara. It's easy to be wrong when you don't watch a player or know much about them. Too bad.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
  #134
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
I said ainec... and? imo without Chara you don't even sniff the finals in 2007, Thats not to say Karlsson can't do the same eventually.
Wow.

You may want to look at who he played for in 2007.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:48 PM
  #135
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
So explain 2007, where we sniffed the finals without Zdeno Chara. It's easy to be wrong when you don't watch a player or know much about them. Too bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Wow.

You may want to look at who he played for in 2007.
**** happens and got it mixed up... but i believe he made you relevant post lockout and it's no coincidence that the Bruins won a cup with him in their lineup.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:53 PM
  #136
Gil Gunderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
**** happens and got it mixed up... but i believe he made you relevant post lockout and it's no coincidence that the Bruins won a cup with him in their lineup.
He made us relevant post-lockout because he played one year, in which he wasn't even our best d-man?

Gil Gunderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:55 PM
  #137
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
**** happens and got it mixed up... but i believe he made you relevant post lockout and it's no coincidence that the Bruins won a cup with him in their lineup.
Sorry, your credibility already took a dive out the window.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:01 PM
  #138
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Sorry, your credibility already took a dive out the window.
Who cares about credibility on HF of all places? we're all just average joes posting on a hockey forum.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
  #139
lawrence
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
hfboards.com really need to change the logic of "he has a cup" I voted Chara, but not because he has a "cup". heck, Johnny Boychuk has a cup too, lets chose him over someone like weber, or Karrlson

hfboards.com

Winning a Stanley doesn't mean everything guys. There are some players in the leauge better then some players who have won the stanley cup.

lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:33 PM
  #140
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,939
vCash: 139
Weber


PS: I am bias and hate Chara so there you go.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
  #141
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Chara. No idea how this is even a question.
This. Karlsson is average defensively and is at his best when the game opens up.. Playoff hockey is tight checking and won in the trenches, something Chara is hands down the best at.

Chara
Weber
Karlsson

Que the Sens fans "Omg Karlsson is god, better 'stick work' then Lidstrom etc etc

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:53 PM
  #142
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,888
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Who would you have wanted at the age of 22?
That's not the question, but, the guy who was the backbone of a Stanley cup winning defense at 22: Drew Doughty.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:55 PM
  #143
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,844
vCash: 500
Meh, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:06 PM
  #144
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
That's not the question, but, the guy who was the backbone of a Stanley cup winning defense at 22: Drew Doughty.
You will get flamed for having a factual opinion... Drew Doughty was a monster in the playoffs and it is arguable that without him that they don't make the playoffs and be as dominant as they were in it.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:06 PM
  #145
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
You will get flamed for having a factual opinion... Drew Doughty was a monster in the playoffs and it is arguable that without him that they don't make the playoffs and be as dominant as they were in it.
The issue with your factual opinion was that your facts were wrong.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:07 PM
  #146
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
The issue with your factual opinion was that your facts were wrong.
**** happens.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:43 PM
  #147
maroon 6
Live and let live
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
I said ainec... and? imo without Chara you don't even sniff the finals in 2007, Thats not to say Karlsson can't do the same eventually.
lol 10/10

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:17 PM
  #148
lboogie42*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,746
vCash: 500
chara then karlsson. dont like weber and dont view him as good as either of the other 2

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:08 PM
  #149
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Players win playoff rounds by themselves?

An my argument is weak?

Try again big guy.

Penner>spezza, right?
No players don't win rounds by themselves, unless they are goalies named Halak. but teams don't win series with their best player getting only 1 goal either or the previous year were he did score but was awe full in his own end.

The reality is, deserved or not, star players get a rep if they can't get out of the 1st round. Look at guys like Selanne and AO and Thorton.

I'm not saying it's all deserved but it's the perception of many.

Spezza's not a great example of a guy "who brings it" come playoff time either.

Hardyvan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:10 PM
  #150
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Who would you have wanted at the age of 22?
and the right answer is Paulina

Hardyvan123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.