HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More Realistic Havlat Thread

Old
06-30-2006, 12:24 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
The thing with Dawes is he is a LWer and thats a position that has been a problem for this organization for the last few years. Its been a weak position which would make it tough to give up Dawes.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Edge

I have no concerns about Havlat from a talent standpoint.

But if I get him, I need a contract and I hope he stays healthy.

My other concern is GP.

He's never played more than 73 and for his career has averaged 59.3.

when healthy he is a legit PPG player, maybe even a much bigger scorer in the right system with the right linemates, but for whatever reason I'm just not gung-ho for him.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:42 PM
dank

any update on your guys' assessments?

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
any update on your guys' assessments?
It's def. a risk.

Great talent, great age.

Contract concerns, endurance concerns.

If he gets hurt or leaves via free agency you'll look like an idiot. If he stays healthy and really clicks, you'll look like a genious with a potential 40 goal, 95-100 point player.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Id be interested in Montoya and Tyutuin if you get a signed Havlat. If its an unsigned Havlat, Montoya and a 2nd would be good.
You definately wouldn't get Montoya for an unsigned Havlat.

The only way Al goes is if Havlat is signed.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
IanB

Is there any reason to believe this could actually happen? The Rangers are looking at Shanahan. How does salary arbitration effect all this?

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 09:29 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Havlat...wow where do I begin? He's a beast...his point totals have increased every season since coming into the league...I guess all you hope for is that his over his injuries, which by the way he played against the Rangers on closing night, looks to be ok.

Love this kid. Make the deal. He's Czech as well...

But don't trade Prucha..Let them form a super line.

My extent goes as follows:

Montoya, Dawes, and 2 first rounders...With Redden signed, Lee on the way, and Mesjaros and Volchenkov blossoming, they won't ask for any of our d-men...make the trade

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:34 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8 View Post
Havlat...wow where do I begin? He's a beast...his point totals have increased every season since coming into the league...I guess all you hope for is that his over his injuries, which by the way he played against the Rangers on closing night, looks to be ok.

Love this kid. Make the deal. He's Czech as well...

But don't trade Prucha..Let them form a super line.

My extent goes as follows:

Montoya, Dawes, and 2 first rounders...With Redden signed, Lee on the way, and Mesjaros and Volchenkov blossoming, they won't ask for any of our d-men...make the trade

Maybe we try to get Neil who is look for a big raise with arbitration and can play and fight, something we can use.

Montoya, Jessiman, Blair Betts, Marcel Hossa, 2 first rounders for Havlat, Neil and Chris Kelly

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:35 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I think Prucha is currently on the untouchable list

Montoya, Dawes, 2 first rounders is kinda steep for a guy who isn't locked up.

If they are really that high on him, I think it's best to just wait a year and make a killer monetary offer to him as a UFA....Gives you another ear to see how he holds up too.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 10:37 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41 View Post
Maybe we try to get Neil who is look for a big raise with arbitration and can play and fight, something we can use.

Montoya, Jessiman, Blair Betts, Marcel Hossa, 2 first rounders for Havlat, Neil and Chris Kelly
Ottawa won't make that trade. Maybe at the Deadline next spring if their season is ****

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 12:56 AM
dank

Quote:
i might not be the first to be perplexed but, how do you come up with these superb Fantasy league, NHL 06/EHM situations?

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Ola

Had I only seen Havlat play for Ottawa I would be really high on him, now I've seen him struggle allot in Europe. That alone don't mean much, its a diffrent game over here, its more the way he have struggled that have bottered me. Like before the the WCH on home ice and the WCH after that. He worked hard and put allot of effort in, but just couldn't get his head straight at all, in the end he where cut both times by diffrent national team coaches.

I would still love to get Havlat, but not for Prucha or Tyutin, or maybe Tyutin straight up but not much more and I wouldn't be all that happy about that either.

It would be great if Sather someone managed to sell a player like Marek Malik to Muckler. The way I see it Ottawa needs a stay at home D to play with the likes of Mezaros. At 2.5 m per Malik is affordable, he have had two great +/- years and he could replace some of Chara's size. He have also played really well against Ottawa last year.

Its just allot of wishful thinking on my part but IMO it certainly would be nice if we could get Havlat for Malik, Montoya and maybe someone like Graham or some other b/c level prospect. I don't worry about Havlats contract, a new contract is negotiated before he would dealt and I don't think he would ask for unreasonable money to play in NY.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Had I only seen Havlat play for Ottawa I would be really high on him, now I've seen him struggle allot in Europe. That alone don't mean much, its a diffrent game over here, its more the way he have struggled that have bottered me. Like before the the WCH on home ice and the WCH after that. He worked hard and put allot of effort in, but just couldn't get his head straight at all, in the end he where cut both times by diffrent national team coaches.

I would still love to get Havlat, but not for Prucha or Tyutin, or maybe Tyutin straight up but not much more and I wouldn't be all that happy about that either.

It would be great if Sather someone managed to sell a player like Marek Malik to Muckler. The way I see it Ottawa needs a stay at home D to play with the likes of Mezaros. At 2.5 m per Malik is affordable, he have had two great +/- years and he could replace some of Chara's size. He have also played really well against Ottawa last year.

Its just allot of wishful thinking on my part but IMO it certainly would be nice if we could get Havlat for Malik, Montoya and maybe someone like Graham or some other b/c level prospect. I don't worry about Havlats contract, a new contract is negotiated before he would dealt and I don't think he would ask for unreasonable money to play in NY.
I don't think there will be any need for Montoya or any other high end prospect. If we deal with OTT and a prospect goes, Muckler will count his blessings if he could get Lauri Korpikoski straight up for Havlat. It's been rumored on RFAN central that LK has been asked for in return for Havlat. Do you do that trade? I think I do.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Sena...70272-sun.html

In an interview with Muckler today, this is what he told BG:

Quote:
SUN: What about up front? What would you like to do up there?

MUCKLER: There's not much we can do. We're pretty well locked in with the guys we have. Once the IIHF and the Russians agree, we'd like to sign (prospect Alexei) Kaigorodov. We've already got (Jason) Spezza, (Dany) Heatley, (Daniel) Alfredsson, (Mike) Fisher, (Bryan) Smolinski and (Brian) McGrattan signed for next year. We're talking to guys like (Peter) Schaefer, (Antoine) Vermette, (Chris) Neil and (Chris) Kelly, and what we're hoping is we're able to sign those guys on multiple-year contracts. (Martin) Havlat, I'm not going to comment on. We'll see what happens there this summer.
http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Sena...674140-sun.htm

Them be some figthin' words, Muck. Not too happy about his star winger. I'm surprised and didn't know the situation was that bad. A Havlat move doesn't seem as fantasy as it did before.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:56 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

JOrts this is why no one can take you seriously. Every 15 trade proposals you have a decent one and then you go back to making ones like this one.

Where do I start, where do I start? Oh maybe with the fact that....WE DONT NEED NEIL OR KELLY! Stop looking for some tough guy who can fight! We have Orr! Its just so disturbing reading these proposals, their really getting annoying. Why must we add these 4th line fill in players when we have younger guys in the system who can be just as good for the job as Neil or Kelly. Maybe our young guys wont drop the gloves but fighting doesnt really have a place anymore in the new NHL. And again if we need someone to drop the gloves then you use Orr. Why should we trade player to get Neil when we have Orr or trade players to get Kelly when we have guys like Helminen, G.Moore, etc. in the system? Please tell me where the logic is in making that trade. I havent even gotten into the fact you wanna deal TWO 1st Rounders.........ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR MIND???!!! Not to mention your trading one of the better faceoff guys on the team in Betts. And we throw away Hossa's potential for a garbage player in Neil just because he's a tough guy. You gotta be kidding me.

And I'm disgusted with the other two proposals which also included two 1st rounders.

Havlat, his injuries, and contract problems are not worth that much, the Sens arent even asking for anything close to that much. Your ready to deal the farm for a guy who could leave after one year! I dont even wanna deal Korpedo for him because Korpedo IMO is maybe a year and half away from being on the Rangers/NHL. And you wanna trade him for a guy who could easily leave after just one season? Yeah great to get a potential 95-100 point guy with unbelievable skill, a guy I've wanted for so long and felt we would never ever see him in a Rangers jersey but with the cap it has become very realistic, however we simply cannot deal away the farm for him no matter how bad I'd love to have him here.

I'll give Ottawa a 2nd round pick and Helminen for him. Seems like a fair deal to me this way we dont lose any big prospects. We lose a potential 3rd line prospect and a pick for a guy who is a risk both with injury and contract concerns.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:57 AM
UAGoalieGuy

LK straight up for Havlat? Initially, I would say jump all over this deal, but as I think about it, would the Rangers really want to ship off one of their top LW prospects for a 1 year rental. As everyone has said, the deal would only be a good one if the Rangers can sign him longterm.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:12 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
LK straight up for Havlat? Initially, I would say jump all over this deal, but as I think about it, would the Rangers really want to ship off one of their top LW prospects for a 1 year rental. As everyone has said, the deal would only be a good one if the Rangers can sign him longterm.
I don't know. The possible lineups are intriguing to say the least.

Prucha-Nylander-Jagr
Havlat-Immonen-Cullen
Straka-Moore-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

or

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Havlat-Immonen-Cullen
Prucha-Moore-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

or

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Havlat-Cullen-Prucha
Moore-Immonen-Ward
Hollweg-Betts-Ortmeyer

The last one would be the most realistic IMO. Straka doesn't move off the first line, Prucha doesn't get demoted to third line, and Immonen starts off as third line center not too high, not low either.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:53 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Could Havlat even be signed to a long term contract right now? Under the new CBA I know that if he signs a one year contreact, he then can't sign an extension until January. If you can lock Havlat up this is a no brainer -- Havlat is what you would hope Korpikoski will be someday. If you can't, no dice.

bobbop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:51 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Yeah bobby, if the Rangers can work out a sign and trade with the Senators I would jump on LK + a pick (probably would cost the Rangers a little more if he signed longterm before the deal) for Havlat. And Balej, I think the Rangers first two lines would look like this if they acquired Havlat and one of Rucinsky, Shanahan or Sykora:

Havlat-Nylander-Jagr (Havlat prob. will not sign longterm if he is not on the 1st line and you know what, if the Rangers are trading for him, he should be on the first line)
Prucha-Straka-Rucinsky/Shanahan/Sykora (Prucha can play both left and right wings, so depending on who the Rangers sign, Prucha could shift wings)

The bottom two lines are dependent on how each player performs in camp. Only Def. on the 3rd line would be Cullen, but what position he would play could be up in the air as well. The other players fighting for a spot on the bottom 2 lines would be Immonen, Dawes, Dubinsky, G. Moore, D. Moore, Betts, Orts, Orr, Hossa, Ward and Hollweg

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote