Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Dany Heatley...

Old
02-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Top_Scorah19

vCash: 500
Dany Heatley...

Whats the deal with Heatley again this season, he started off a few games pretty good but now hes not producing, how is he looking on the ice?

Top_Scorah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Jopsey

He sucks

Jopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Kaptain
I am Jax

vCash: 50
Slumping big time.
Might get better.
Might not.

Kaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:19 AM
DANOZ28

im a heatr fan, but hes got to start lighting it up (even if its only equal to last years production)

DANOZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:20 AM
tyratoku

vCash: 710
He had surgery or time to rehabilitate this off-season and heal up his knee(s?) as well as he could, and for the first few games, he looked great. Moved his feet, was decent on the forecheck, was able to skate around guys while trying to deke them, but then 5-6 games into the season it just stopped.

He stopped moving his feet as much, he got much slower, he still tries to deke around defenders, but when you don't move your feet there is only so much you can do. A game or two later he was removed from the first line in favor of Charlie Coyle.

Last night during the 3rd period he was put on the top line with Koivu and Parise again, and they had quite a bit of sustained pressure. Heater looked better in the 3rd, but so did the entire team. It's possible he stays up with them again and his numbers could go up, but I'm not sure.

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

+1 to Tyra

Started off looking much faster and better than last year, then slowed way down after the first few games, sometimes he looks dangerous in the offensive zone, frequently a liability on the ice, lots and lots of turnovers.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:58 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

Looks like he is faking effort to collect a pay-check. Must be a toss-up in the coaches minds, "tonight should we bench PMB, Heatley, Cullen, or any of the other players because we have to show its their fault, not ours."

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:01 AM
GORGO

Wow!.. Has this carreer went down the drain in a hurry.. Should be gone or at the very least in the PB drinking coffee..

GORGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Gaps

I really don't know what's the matter with him. Too difficult to skate with the added upper body mass and just simply ageing? Not conditioning well enough during the lockout? Motivation? All I know is that right now he doesn't bring much to any line he's placed on. He should probably be with either Parise or Koivu, because that way he's not as much of a liability as with other players. Maybe (hopefully) he'll pick it up sooner rather than later.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:09 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING View Post
Looks like he is faking effort to collect a pay-check. Must be a toss-up in the coaches minds, "tonight should we bench PMB, Heatley, Cullen, or any of the other players because we have to show its their fault, not ours."
All plus Seto in the wrong system. Even Parise.

Heater is an optimistic, attacker. Not a sustained cycle guy.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:10 AM
nickschultzfan

He's gone from our best player last year to our worse. It's shocking how bad he is. Even when he was scoring during those first few games, Koivu and Parise were doing all the work - Heatley just sat in front of the net.

He is physically unable to get to a loose puck or win a puck battle. And when he has the puck on his stick, he just fumbles it or turns it over. You just can't have that. You just can't.

Honestly he should be benched.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:11 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
All plus Seto in the wrong system. Even Parise.

Heater is an optimistic, attacker. Not a sustained cycle guy.
Wholeheartedly agree. Yeo doesn't seem to have a real strong grasp of what he's working with.

Heatley has been off, but so has just about everyone. At a certain point we should start looking at other causes.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:14 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Wholeheartedly agree. Yeo doesn't seem to have a real strong grasp of what he's working with.

Heatley has been off, but so has just about everyone. At a certain point we should start looking at other causes.
i can't help but feel you're talking about the coach.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:27 AM
nickschultzfan

I don't think Yeo is telling players "dump the puck when you have even or superior odds". It's clear he's telling the players to dump the puck when they are outnumbered defensively.

The problem is that the Wild NEVER have a odd-man rush, and even rarely have even numbers. They are too slow on the break-out and have too many players standing still and not joining the rush. The near-side winger is almost never involved in the rush. The ONLY time we have even numbers is when the far side Dman jumps into the rush.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Sportserie

Is it possible he's pouting because he was bumped off the top line?

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:32 AM
roon

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post

I am going to have to disagree. "Systems" in hockey are really not much different from team to team. It all comes down to execution. Yeo's "system" had this team on top of the league last year....and nothing has changed with the "system". It has proven success...this group of players has not.

Heatley is garbage...and would be garbage in any system. He puts in no effort and skates worse than Rupp.

Coyle needs to move to the first line, we need to call up Zucker to skate with Granlund and Seto and trade/waive PMB and Heatley. End of story.

roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:33 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

heatley is in as big a slump as Koivu and Parise. it's shocking, really.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:34 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I don't think Yeo is telling players "dump the puck when you have even or superior odds". It's clear he's telling the players to dump the puck when they are outnumbered defensively.

The problem is that the Wild NEVER have a odd-man rush, and even rarely have even numbers. They are too slow on the break-out and have too many players standing still and not joining the rush. The near-side winger is almost never involved in the rush. The ONLY time we have even numbers is when the far side Dman jumps into the rush.
I guess the question I would have is why is every line playing the same way; collapsing and not moving in the defensive zone. That's a reflection on 'system' and it's a trickle down from there. What you described in the second paragraph is an indictment on system and not really players.

Which is why I'm having a difficult time of laying some of this team's troubles squarely on the players who make up this roster.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Sportserie

I don't like Heatley with Granlund at all. I almost feel like Heatley is playing with a chip on his shoulder next to Granlund and he's almost making things harder on Grandlund. Just a feeling. Granlund looks like he's doing more work out there. It's perplexing they haven't developed a chemistry yet and I believe that's on Heatley.

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:41 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

good christ. seriously?

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:49 AM
keppel146
We love Bacon

We honestly looked a little better breaking out with spurgeon back in the lineup. He really does help out the team. Yeah I thought heatley said his knee felt the best in three or four years, and he still cant skate. We definitely need some more speed and I see zucker taking over seto or heaters spot.

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:54 AM
State of Hockey

He's a washed-up former star that will soon be out of the league if he doesn't stop this downhill slide. He looks like he doesn't even care to play the game anymore.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:59 AM
hipsquare

I really don't expect much out of him. All I want is for him to try to get back defensively (like last year) and pretty much just park in front of the net on the power play and get a garbage goal every couple games. Right now when Parise tries his little stuff it into the goalie move there's nobody to clean up the garbage, and that really should be Heatley's job. If he does that I'll be happy.

hipsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Ladde

Trade him.

Ladde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

He's a better version of Johnny Cheechoo.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote