HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger on Team 1260 in Edmonton (Connolly)

Old
02-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Man Bear Pig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
What if it was Ryan Whitney? He's been a scratch for like 3 of the past 5.
Because he's been awful. If you get scratched as a dman on that team, you obviously aren't playing well. I'd want nothing to do with him, even in a Connolly/Whitney swap type of scenario.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Pierre Gotye

Edmonton's just a young team with not a lot of mojo.

I think Whitney could be effective again in the right situation. But don't see what he would add here, or any of those players really. Even as we're banged up on D, and are missing Lupul...at some point I believe all of those players will have to come back, then the Leafs are going to have to make a lot of tough decisions. Because I don't think the players we put on waivers get through.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Ari91

Aside from their goalie, the only players I'd want from Edmonton are one of their young players. Edmonton won't part with them and if they were to, it would take more than Connolly to get them so I say no thanks. Connolly comes off the books after this year. Despite retaining some of his cap with him playing on the Marlies, I'm fine with that. It doesn't pose an issue to our cap and the Marlies can benefit from his experience.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:06 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Dreger was on TSN 1050 this morning and found it very suspicious that Reimer only has an MCL sprain. Said it looked a lot worse then what it actually is.

Now i speculate that there may be a possibility the leafs divulge a minor injury so that a pending trade for a goalie goes down and the price doesnt go up?

lol

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

Not so sure. Ive done some things to my body that hurt like hell for a short period of time but recovered quickly.

Warden of the North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:21 AM
ULF_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Not so sure. Ive done some things to my body that hurt like hell for a short period of time but recovered quickly.
I have a torn meniscus (had 2 got one fixed) and when the tear moves into the correct position it is agonizing, but as soon as it moves the pain is gone. Kind of funny, to feel so much pain and it is really meaningless.

The New York Rangers are the most valuable NHL franchise at $1.2 billion, taking the top spot on the Forbes list for the first time since 2004.

The magazine said Tuesday that Montreal is second at $1.18 billion, followed by Toronto at $1.15 billion.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:33 AM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
If "rfa deals" don't count, maybe you guys should point out some $5 million dollar, 50 point UFAs then.
Grabo and Zajac are the 2 most recent ones that come to mind.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
wyldthing89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
Connolly cleared NHL waivers, so that means every team passed on him (mainly his contract). The reason a team like Edmonton would have taken him in a trade is to dump one of their toxic contracts. Unfortunately, players are valued not only by their talent/age/potential, but by their cap hit. Eg. Luongo may be the best goalie in the world, but combine this with his advanced age and 10 year contract, his value is minimal at best. Bottomline, Connolly has been treated properly by the Leafs.

I can't assume that Nonis have not try but lets face it, Carlyle play McLaren instead of calling him, Frattin before, no problems and it was a great decision since he is one of the best player right now for the Leafs. Connolly is a lot better than Steckel and a few others in the line-up right now.

My 1st thought was that Carlyle is not Nonis's man to coach and is the Leafs used to have a bad start he would fire him and put his own coach and this new coach could use Timmy but Leafs doing really well right now. Assuming they treat him well, i don't buy that, they should call him up at least once with few injuries that Leafs had and they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
It's not up to the agent where the player goes.
No they don't but they can give their opinion and since we don't know exactly what him and Nonis talked about him, it's hard to say anything but if they don't at least try especially when the guy accepted to play in the minors, something he never done and without any bad things said about Leafs organisation, they should at least try to deal him. But this is all speculation, i could be wrong

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldthing89 View Post
I can't assume that Nonis have not try but lets face it, Carlyle play McLaren instead of calling him, Frattin before, no problems and it was a great decision since he is one of the best player right now for the Leafs. Connolly is a lot better than Steckel and a few others in the line-up right now.

My 1st thought was that Carlyle is not Nonis's man to coach and is the Leafs used to have a bad start he would fire him and put his own coach and this new coach could use Timmy but Leafs doing really well right now. Assuming they treat him well, i don't buy that, they should call him up at least once with few injuries that Leafs had and they didn't.

No they don't but they can give their opinion and since we don't know exactly what him and Nonis talked about him, it's hard to say anything but if they don't at least try especially when the guy accepted to play in the minors, something he never done and without any bad things said about Leafs organisation, they should at least try to deal him. But this is all speculation, i could be wrong
They'll deal him if the deal is right for the Leafs. They arent going to take on a greater burder just to move him.

I expect at the deadline someone will pick him up. GMs go crazy that day.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:38 AM
ULF_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
They'll deal him if the deal is right for the Leafs. They arent going to take on a greater burder just to move him.

I expect at the deadline someone will pick him up. GMs go crazy that day.
At the deadline Connolly is more or less a free player, and carries zero commitment beyond this season.

I don't expect there'd be much return but if someone wants him the Leafs will release him.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Warden of the North
Global Moderator
The Matthews Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
If "rfa deals" don't count, maybe you guys should point out some $5 million dollar, 50 point UFAs then.
Grabo, Zajac, Horcoff, Lupul, Cammaleri (lol), Hemsky, Havlat, Gionta, Doan,

Some of these made MORE then 5m.