HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn

Old
07-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Cyrrus147

vCash: 500
Andrei Kostitsyn

From the TSN website

Assets: Has explosive scoring ability and a nose for the net. Loves to dangle and make nifty plays. Is comfortable in pressure situations, which bodes well for his future in Montreal.

Flaws: Must be able to control his epileptic-like symptoms in order to make it in the NHL. Is still rather raw in the defensive zone. Needs to make better use of his linemates.

Career potential First line winger

I didn't expect this guy to have that much potential and TSN scouts reports are most of the time severed.

Last edited by Cyrrus147: 07-08-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
What?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:36 AM
LeMAD

"Potential" is the key word...

That only means he has the skills to become a first liner, like a ton of other players that never really made it to the nhl. I think Chistov is also considered as potential 1st liner...

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:38 AM
kostitsyn1489

But this guy will be a franchise player!

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post

That only means he has the skills to become a first liner, like a ton of other players that never really made it to the nhl. I think Chistov is also considered as potential 1st liner...
You can check the website if you want, there isn't a ton of guys who have this kind of career potential.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/

Old
07-08-2006, 11:40 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I personally think he has average skating, below average hockey sense and mediocre drive/desire. He has a wonderful shot and awesome hands, though. With this kind of natural scoring ability (variety and quality of shots and the stick handling) his upside is as high as you want to see it. But he is gonna reach it and does he has the head and all the tools to become a star? I personally think not but it's up to you.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post

Chistov is only 23 years old and he will probably come back to the NHL next year.

Old
07-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Chistov is only 23 years old and he will probably come back to the NHL next year.
Kosty is only 21, and he will probably be in the NHL next year...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:46 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
From the TSN website

Assets: Has explosive scoring ability and a nose for the net. Loves to dangle and make nifty plays. Is comfortable in pressure situations, which bodes well for his future in Montreal.

Flaws: Must be able to control his epileptic-like symptoms in order to make it in the NHL. Is still rather raw in the defensive zone. Needs to make better use of his linemates.

Career potential First line winger

I didn't expect this guy to have that much potential and TSN scouts reports are most of the time severed.
False, TSN has copied their scouting report from http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/index.cgi

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 11:49 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
I personally think he has average skating, below average hockey sense and mediocre drive/desire. He has a wonderful shot and awesome hands, though. With this kind of natural scoring ability (variety and quality of shots and the stick handling) his upside is as high as you want to see it. But he is gonna reach it and does he has the head and all the tools to become a star? I personally think not but it's up to you.
Deactivate slow motion -4x. Andrei is the fastest hab on the payroll, period.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Empireshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Deactivate slow motion -4x. Andrei is the fastest hab on the payroll, period.
Are you that robot guy from grandmas' boy?

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:16 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

I also think Kostitsyn will be the next one. A very talented player he knows what to do with the puck. Maybe even better than Perezhogin (I mean he is...)

AlexeiKovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Taupy

Kostitsyn will make the team this year, we haven't signed free agent because we know that he was ready when we called him up. Gainey just didn't want to broke all Perezhogin confidence (and it worked in the end IMO, Perez was very good in the playoff)

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:22 PM
SuperUnknown

Contrary to the majority of Habs fans, I don't think Kostitsyn will ever be an impact player for Montreal. He's got tools, for sure, but his drive and hockey sense (and vision) are seriously lacking. He has yet to dominate in the AHL.

He reminds me a lot of Marcel Hossa.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

I don't understand how people think he's ready for the show. He hasn't even solved AHL goaltending. How exactly is a guy who has trouble scoring in the AHL ready for top line duty in the NHL? He may have the skills, but this guy has a lot to learn about what it takes to be an NHL player.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:35 PM
kostitsyn1489

Bad Vision? He had problem to make his line produce but I played with grinder!! With Montreal he made awesome play I remember an assist on souray's goal. It was awesome.
He's not the faster guys on the payroll for sure. He's as fast as Kovalev is. So he's not slow but not the fastest above average I say.
He's not that bad in the defensive zone. He had problem last year but with Montreal he play very well at the both and and a lot of takeaway in the neutral zone.
He has heart for sure he's working hard. He doesn't hit all the time but it's not his job. If he plays like Bégin for 20 min he won't be effective. In the corner he's one of the best and he doesn't take too many night off. Sometime it's just don't work like anybody else.

Stop just reading scouting report and listen some game. With Montreal this year I don'y see his flaws as a big problem he play well all the time. On 82 games we don't know but what I see in AHL and NHL this years he played very well.

Marcel Hossa? Come on...

Old
07-08-2006, 12:37 PM
kostitsyn1489

Good in the AHL isn't a garanteed succes in the NHL and vice versa. Plekanec was a lot better than Higgins in AHL offensively but Higgins his better than plekanec in the nhl.

Old
07-08-2006, 12:41 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail View Post
Contrary to the majority of Habs fans, I don't think Kostitsyn will ever be an impact player for Montreal. He's got tools, for sure, but his drive and hockey sense (and vision) are seriously lacking. He has yet to dominate in the AHL.

He reminds me a lot of Marcel Hossa.
Hossa's different. Kostitsyn had showed us what he can do. Very good shot, smart with the puck and much more.
Even kovalev said "The kid is so gifted, he reminds me of Pavel Bure". He didn't said that for nothing, he ssaw him at practices and everything. Hwen he was on the roster he always gave his 110%. Remember that horrible performance the habs had at Vancouver? Kostitsyn was the only one trying to do something.

AlexeiKovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Melvin Udall

Smail

I have the same feeling that you have -- Kostitsyn may have potential, but he has an awful long way to go to even come close to reaching it, and maybe never will,
who knows?

Like you implied, he has not made an impact at the minor league level, how can we expect him to become a dominant force at a significantly higher level?

I hope we are both wrong.

If we are right, then the habs scouts have wasted yet another good first round draft choice on a marginal player! Which is the main reason that the habs have been stuck in the middle of the league as "also rans" for the most part of the last quarter century. Very sad, for a once great organization!

Last edited by Melvin Udall: 07-08-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Taupy

I remember when Begin was in Hamilton and said that Kostitsyn was a VERY VERY VERY good player. He wouldn't have said it if it was false.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:51 PM
PK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I don't understand how people think he's ready for the show. He hasn't even solved AHL goaltending. How exactly is a guy who has trouble scoring in the AHL ready for top line duty in the NHL? He may have the skills, but this guy has a lot to learn about what it takes to be an NHL player.
Jonathan Cheechoo, Brian Gionta, Vaclav Prospal and Brad Boyes all had similar or worse AHL stats than Kostsysin and they didn't turn out half bad. Some players are suited for the AHL and NHL, some only for the AHL and other only for the NHL. Taking into account the way Andrei played when he was called up, I'm lead to believe he falls in the latter category.

PK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:52 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
Are you that robot guy from grandmas' boy?
people actually watched that movie?

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:54 PM
wholeshow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Jonathan Cheechoo, Brian Gionta, Vaclav Prospal and Brad Boyes all had similar or worse AHL stats than Kostsysin and they didn't turn out half bad. Some players are suited for the AHL and NHL, some only for the AHL and other only for the NHL. Taking into account the way Andrei played when he was called up, I'm lead to believe he falls in the latter category.
he played 5 minutes a game and scored a goal in his 2nd game. lol

wholeshow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:55 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Because it's HFBOARDS.

Quote:
Apart from Gionta you couldn't be more off.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Toro

Quote:

yes - but also sometimes a scoring winger needs the right centerman and winger partner's to be successful. Is it that difficult to see that when he was in hamilton he did not have a consistant line or even a good center to play with. Edmontons players were in and out of the lineup all season.

It is time for montreal to try some of our homegrown talent. Use the players that we draft. There are some real good ones coming. This is what gainey is doing i believe. He will not sign high priced Free agents to long term contracts. He may make trades or make a pitch for someones restricted free agent. But i believe he is ready to try out some more of our youngsters this season

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote