HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

High School goalie trolls his own team

Old
02-13-2013, 10:29 AM
CaptainCally

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkka View Post
Maybe he was bullied throughout the year? Act seems too planned just because of lost ice time.
That's what I'm thinking. It seems way too planned for such a small thing like lost ice time.

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:30 AM
camcool21

vCash: 500
Yea, I'd hesitate to jump to conclusions about the kid being a loser. First of all, it's high school hockey, so it isn't really that competitive (being the last game of the season, it may have been even more meaningless). Also, he may have been bullied by his team mates. Happens all the time in high school. Lastly, he may have gotten screwed over by the coach due to politics (again, happens all the time). For example, if the sophomore goalie's parents are family friend's with the coach, the kid will get the start as a "favor." All sorts of B.S. like this happens.

I'm not saying that what he did was right...I'm just saying it may have been more justified than it seems.

camcool21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Eisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
A guy like that doesn't have the mental composition to continue as a goalie. Maybe he can take up something lower-pressure, like checkers.
I don't know, good goalies are a bit nutty, you know

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
john g

related to Tyler Hirsch perhaps?

john g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcool21 View Post
Yea, I'd hesitate to jump to conclusions about the kid being a loser. First of all, it's high school hockey, so it isn't really that competitive (being the last game of the season, it may have been even more meaningless). Also, he may have been bullied by his team mates. Happens all the time in high school. Lastly, he may have gotten screwed over by the coach due to politics (again, happens all the time). For example, if the sophomore goalie's parents are family friend's with the coach, the kid will get the start as a "favor." All sorts of B.S. like this happens.

I'm not saying that what he did was right...I'm just saying it may have been more justified than it seems.
Kids are mistreated in every level of hockey, every season. The kid is a loser for acting out on his frustrations in this way.

Don't like how you're being treated? Quit.

Frank Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:48 AM
SilverSeven

Gotta feel bad for the guy. Its a nothing HS team and the coach benched him all year because he was a senior and wouldnt be able to help the team next year. Likely his last year of organized hockey and he didnt get to play at all. Its highschool hockey coach, play the kids. From all accounts there wasnt much separating the goalies.

Doesnt excuse this, but I do understand his anger.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:49 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Garrett View Post
There have been some funny-assed clips over the past couple of weeks... coach mimicking blind man, condor gets free on the ice, this kid going full out nWo.

Not to mention the ref fighting the player in [mod: Russian B league]. And people want us to take that league seriously

Last edited by Fugu: 02-13-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: corrected, not KHL
Old
02-13-2013, 10:51 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Indeed, and a nitwit emo teen at that.

Definitely a loser move. Not the team's fault you suck worse than a sophomore.
Problem is he doesnt. All accounts say he is at least as good, but the coach wants the sophomore to play more because he will stick around. ****** thing to do to a kid in his last year of organized hockey. Their is a thread on reddit about this with a few people from the school. Apparently there is a lot of support for this guy at the school, including half the hockey team.

Old
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
I don't know, good goalies are a bit nutty, you know
Yea, were an eccentric bunch.

I had a chuckle from the video. Meanings aside, there have been many times I've wanted to pull something like that on one of my old rec teams.

Some nights, you wish you had never picked up the pads before.

You go Goalie, You go.

CoopALoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheSituation

Hilarious. It was a childish, classless dick move but it was hilarious.

TheSituation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:53 AM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Kids are mistreated in every level of hockey, every season. The kid is a loser for acting out on his frustrations in this way.

Or people could not mistreat each other? What kind of stupid horsecrap is "if someone's making your life suck, quit"?

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:53 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I wouldn't call this trolling, more like 100 Subbans.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Ellipson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Not to mention the ref fighting the player in the KHL. And people want us to take that league seriously
That video wasn't from the KHL; it was an MHL game if I'm not mistaken.

Ellipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Or people could not mistreat each other? What kind of stupid horsecrap is "if someone's making your life suck, quit"?
So if you are mistreated, you should mistreat others and make a fool of yourself like this kid did? Hope thats not what you teach your kids.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkka View Post
Maybe he was bullied throughout the year? Act seems too planned just because of lost ice time.
Yeah there has to be something more to this. I was going to say politics and possible loss of scholarship opportunity at a random college the next year until I saw the stats, that doesn't look like it's it. But I could see doing that as a final FU to the team if he was bullied throughout the season for whatever reason.

Last edited by DaveG: 02-13-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: clarifying
DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
So if you are mistreated, you should mistreat others and make a fool of yourself like this kid did? Hope thats not what you teach your kids.
no its better to teach them to quit right?

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 AM
LukeD
On Fire

What a dick

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Problem is he doesnt. All accounts say he is at least as good, but the coach wants the sophomore to play more because he will stick around. ****** thing to do to a kid in his last year of organized hockey. Their is a thread on reddit about this with a few people from the school. Apparently there is a lot of support for this guy at the school, including half the hockey team.
Very possible. Could be a case of the whole team absolutely hates the coach and it was the goalie who stood up to him. If his teammates felt he screwed them over, you would hear stories of the kid getting jumped by teammates afterwards.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:59 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:

Or try to institute change by using social media to make a huge stir instead of just bending over and taking it.

The kid went about it the wrong way, but it clearly brings up a bigger issue in high school sports. He is getting a fair bit of support from his classmates and parents apparently. Anyone who has played an organized sport knows that skill is only one small part of the equation. Politics is usually a much bigger part.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
no its better to teach them to quit right?
or suck it up princess. You're not the only one in hockey who's been treated unfairly.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Or try to institute change by using social media to make a huge stir instead of just bending over and taking it.

The kid went about it the wrong way, but it clearly brings up a bigger issue in high school sports. He is getting a fair bit of support from his classmates and parents apparently.
10 years from now kids will still be unfairly treated in minor hockey, and he will still be the dumbass who scored on his own net on purpose.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
10 years from now kids will still be unfairly treated in minor hockey, and he will still be the dumbass who scored on his own net on purpose.
unfair treatment in hockey happened to me when i was younger, 1 game i had enough of traveling an hour and having family and friends coming to watch me while i just sat on the bench. so i undressed during the intermission and went home.

coach never coached again, and i got my playing time.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:05 AM
SilverSeven

From reddit:

I actually go to Farmington. Man is this traveling fast. The entire hockey team is pretty much split because of this, and I know that today is going to be a crazy day at school. One of the assistant coaches teaches quite a few classes too, and he's known for being a bit hot-headed, so I'm glad I don't have any classes with him.

Update: The teacher isn't here today, unless he's in the school and just not teaching. When Krause came into the school this morning, he was immediately taken to the principal's office. Will keep on keeping on as more happens.

RUMOR: Krause could possibly be getting suspended, not sure yet.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:06 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Agreed. I mean, there is still racism in the US, what an idiot that Rosa Parks was.

Extreme example I know, but your attitude of teaching children to accept things that are wrong and unfair and just quit is ****ing ridiculous.

Again, word is he is getting support from half his team, the student body, and parents. That says something.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
unfair treatment in hockey happened to me when i was younger, 1 game i had enough of traveling an hour and having family and friends coming to watch me while i just sat on the bench. so i undressed during the intermission and went home.

coach never coached again, and i got my playing time.
I did the same thing. Undressed in the first intermission and went home. Thought never crossed my mind to sabotage the team to teach the coach a lesson. Pathetic.