HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We survived! "Bouillon" wins it in the SO!

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
The Internet-Frasers have got it wrong and the refs on the ice got it right. Hedman's goal - not directed in with a glove. Obviously below the cross bar. It sucked but it was a goal.

Every game there's a good whine about the officiating. If you want to complain look at the pick that Cole put on Hedman who obviously never had puck possession and took the retaliation penalty in the first.

The officiating helped the Habs last night, and once again the meltdown was all the players doing.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:50 AM
zzoo

Why why why we have taken penalties in last few minutes quite often ? Why ?
We aren't the tough team, but we are #1 in penalties !!!

If Bouillon and Plek didn't take penalties.....

Old
02-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The Internet-Frasers have got it wrong and the refs on the ice got it right. Hedman's goal - not directed in with a glove. Obviously below the cross bar. It sucked but it was a goal.

Every game there's a good whine about the officiating. If you want to complain look at the pick that Cole put on Hedman who obviously never had puck possession and took the retaliation penalty in the first.

The officiating helped the Habs last night, and once again the meltdown was all the players doing.
The officiating has been bad both ways and it's influencing the pace and the results. The referees are earning every criticism they get this year.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
The officiating has been bad both ways and it's influencing the pace and the results. The referees are earning every criticism they get this year.
Perhaps, but not on the Hedman goal.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
I think people are freaking out a bit too much about the blown lead. Those last 2 goals were the flukiest things I've ever seen.

And at the end of the day, 2 points is 2 points and I'm happy to get it. Need to get a win on Thursday for sure to keep up the momentum!
I don't see it that way. They blew a 3 goal lead with what...10 minutes to go in a game? Along the way they took a stupid penalty,(Bourque's tripping on Lecavallier) failed to stand up for the goalie and looked like a team with zero leadership when they needed it most.

That win felt like a loss.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:26 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
I think people are freaking out a bit too much about the blown lead. Those last 2 goals were the flukiest things I've ever seen.

And at the end of the day, 2 points is 2 points and I'm happy to get it. Need to get a win on Thursday for sure to keep up the momentum!
Some perspective...thanks...

Old
02-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

Some are obstruction, but more are after the whistle stuff, Prust and white will need to learn to be more disciplined in how they play.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Uber Coca

Quote:
The Hedman goal wasn't obvious so I'm not angry about it, but I've never seen so much ridiculous calls in my entire life. The trend this season is 3 or 4 headscratcher calls per game and it's got to stop.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
To those who say that the 2 latest TBL goals were flukey, don't forget that our own goals (except maybe PK's shot) were pretty greasy in their own right.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
To those who say that the 2 latest TBL goals were flukey, don't forget that our own goals (except maybe PK's shot) were pretty greasy in their own right.
Those 2 goals had more to do with Lindback being an awkward, big goalie than luck. Our guys put the puck in the net, it didn't go off somebody's face or butt.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Those 2 goals had more to do with Lindback being an awkward, big goalie than luck. Our guys put the puck in the net, it didn't go off somebody's face or butt.
ya, one the 2nd goal they showed on TSN how Moen and Armstrong both got in the traffic area to screen the goalie, and on the 3rd goal, Subban mad a nice rush out our own zone that helped create the goal.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't find that it's "just the last 6 minutes". They have a skating team but played very passive most of the 3rd period. It started to unravel after the PP where TB had guys jump up in the play and Cole and DD failed to take their men in Pyatt and Hedman. The last 2 goals were caused by momentum but were lucky and maybe illegal in nature. The 2nd goal looks to be either(take your pick) a high stick or a high glove, how is the replay NOT conclusive?

Lindback was very shaky, TB was even lucky it was only 3-0. He had 2 other pucks behind him that managed to stay out, as big as he is, he is very awkward in close.

All that being said, I still think we need a big stay at home "crease cleaner" that can play 17-19 minutes and help protect those kinds of leads. A younger version of Gill. Tinordi will eventually be a deluxe version of that player(20-24 minute) who dominates down low.
Linback should not be held responsible for any of the three goals. Gio's was a pretty luck tip in, and he was left open - where was the coverage? Subban's goal was due to lots of traffic in front of the net - D needed to clear it out a bit. Moen's goal was just a cluster-poop effort by the D and the wingers back-checking, which led to a large scramble.

I don't think Linback was shaky at all. Lucky on a few occasions, sure. He was absolutely solid when the team was making a comeback and was a beast in OT.

As for Hedman's goal, there was no distinct "punching" movement on Hedman's second goal. He had his stick tied up, he tried to get it free and in doing so, his gloves came up. That combined with the pass going high due to a tip, led to a fluky but legal goal.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
02-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Mrb1p

About the Hedman goal... I tought they would call any of the goalie interference... Because if that wasnt goalie interference I don't know what hockey is.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
They were lucky. Didn't deserve the W with the way they gave up another lead. Couldn't care less about the refs, luck, whatever. When you give up so much 3rd period leads, you deserve to lose.
so then who deserves to win? The team that played for 5 minutes? The Hab's played well for most of the game, and then let a team back in because of a short breakdown. It is disturbing because this is becoming a pattern of late, but overall they have competed well (save Saturday night).

Old
02-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Linback should not be held responsible for any of the three goals. Gio's was a pretty luck tip in, and he was left open - where was the coverage? Subban's goal was due to lots of traffic in front of the net - D needed to clear it out a bit. Moen's goal was just a cluster-poop effort by the D and the wingers back-checking, which led to a large scramble.

I don't think Linback was shaky at all. Lucky on a few occasions, sure. He was absolutely solid when the team was making a comeback and was a beast in OT.

As for Hedman's goal, there was no distinct "punching" movement on Hedman's second goal. He had his stick tied up, he tried to get it free and in doing so, his gloves came up. That combined with the pass going high due to a tip, led to a fluky but legal goal.
The Moen goal he allowed the puck to get by him short side which led to a mad scramble. If he had stopped the initial shot taht wouldn't have happened. Plus there were other occasions where he was all over the pace and we didn't score. He got lucky on the Markov shot taht hit his stick. Good desperation save but 90% of that half of the net was open.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:17 AM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Child please, your hate for Subban is really showing with this post. Subban took his man along the boards and Hedman was COLE's man, get your facts straight before you post. Subban was the best defensman last night.

I just got to this failure of a post. So your contribution to this PGT is to basically bash Subban both times who did nothing wrong, not like I already didn't know that was your intention though.

And to those saying that Subban was sat in the third because of his mistake you're out to lunch because like I said, he didn't make the mistake on the goal, and his TOI was 5:56-5:46-6:11 so as you can see he played more minutes in the third period, not less. It's just Therrien who is too damn blind to see he is our best defenseman and he won't play him as such, I'm starting to already dislike him for this. He also refuses to use PK on the PK, had only 1:00 the entire night on it. And the most baffling of all is ONE single shift in the OT period, wow.
The first goal is not only PK's fault. However, if he pins his man on the board instead of going for the flashier/riskier play in a huge hit (which he missed), then everything is aborted. He had to realise what kind of situation he was in. He had to know there was more pressure than he had support (he couldn't find the open man which is why he funbled the puck). In that case you don't go for the big hit, you just play it safe to prevent any play for happening.

That being said, the forward who charged PK's man on the board is also at fault, he turned a 3 on 2 in a 3 on 1, if he stays in the middle and plays smart, then PK has time to come back and take a T-Bay player.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:39 AM
drewbloodfins

This will hopefully give DD some confidence back. Tough last 6 minutes of the 3rd, but 2 points is still better than 1.. or 0.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
I think the Hedman goal could've gone either way. I agree with you that every angle I've seen is inconclusive, so the call on the ice stands. But the call on the ice could've been no goal. If I'm a ref, and I see someone bat the puck mid air with the middle of the stick, close to both gloves, at a height that is very, very close to a high sticking, my reflex would be to call it a no goal. I understand that everything happens at a very fast pace, or hell, maybe the ref clearly saw where the puck hit the stick, so yeah, I agree that complaining about the goal is useless.

I was also very, very surprised about the Cole hit. Then again, Hedman reached out to the puck just before getting it by Cole and--I think--actually freed the puck for a bit. Cole was looking for revenge but at the same time, he was also trying to take part of the scrum. Hedman was part of it, so you have to understand, to a certain extent, why no penalty was called.

I reiterate that I still don't think the Habs played that awful. That second Hedman goal and the powerplay goal were really lucky. It's hard to defend against luck like that. Had Subban played the puck better on both Hedman goals, and had Desharnais backchecked properly, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but those things happen.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:17 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

It's because the team can't win a face off so they are always chasing the puck which leads to scrambling around taking penalties. I just can't believe these centre man can't improve at f,ace offs, are they physically weak or what?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
It's because the team can't win a face off so they are always chasing the puck which leads to scrambling around taking penalties. I just can't believe these centre man can't improve at f,ace offs, are they physically weak or what?
Was Yannick Perreault that strong and big ? It's a matter of technique.

Habs should hire Perreault or Carbonneau as part time coach to teach them .

Boston is leading the league. Look where they are in the standings.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Was Yannick Perreault that strong and big ? It's a matter of technique.

Habs should hire Perreault or Carbonneau as part time coach to teach them .

Boston is leading the league. Look where they are in the standings.
Carbo couldn't teach anyone.

Oates was a great face off man and he isn't helping Washington much in that department.

It's a skill. Some learn it, some don't.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Eller needs a bigger role on this team. 13 minutes of ice time last night.... Come on.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:52 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Eller needs a bigger role on this team. 13 minutes of ice time last night.... Come on.
Same amount of points as DD in fewer games, with far worse linemates, and almost no powerplay time.

Wake up, Therrien.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
From the replays I saw it was quite clear that he directed the puck in with his glove. He raised his hands and the puck contacted his glove.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
sharks9

Shouldn't have counted according to Kerry

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415901

Closed Thread