HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 13.0 - The Stickied Edition?!

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Woland

vCash: 500
Pisanu is going to be a starter for sure. Replace Nyassi with him

Old
02-12-2013, 03:43 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Can Nyassi play on the other wing instead of Arnaud?

Old
02-12-2013, 03:57 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Logically yes. But Arnaud is captain, no way he's a second stringer unfortunately ;/

Hope Smith gets some playtime

Old
02-12-2013, 04:09 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Stupid captaincy thing. I don't care if he's captain, if he's not good enough to be a starter, then he shouldn't be one.

I hope Schalli can somehow teach Nyassi to take better decisions. That's where he's atrocious because technically, he's possibly our best winger(I haven't seen Pisanu and Romero play yet) and he's the fastest.

Old
02-12-2013, 04:33 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

We all know that. But for as long as he is the captain, he will be a regular starter. You can't just bench your captain. The only way Schallibaum could of have got away with Benchig Arnaud is if he said to start the season that the captains armband would be alternating. Consequently, Arnaud wouldent be the undisputed captain. That is why I want to get Arnaud to another club. He isn't good enough to be in the starting 11 and defiantly will not be the kind of guy that will make your team win a championship. He's a good veteran, yes. But there are a lot of players that are better than him at this point and could be way more effective than Davy Arnaud on a starting role basis

Old
02-12-2013, 10:45 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Can't wait for our home opener. Can't wait for the season !

Old
02-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Seriously even if its mls soccer its growing fast in me... its about surpassing hockey. Must be my south american blood.

I see huge potential for football in montreal in the future with so much diverse origins saputo will have no trouble at all filling saputo stadium every night... specially with a owner focused in winning at all cost.

Old
02-12-2013, 11:37 PM
JunglePete

Trade Arnaud plz

Old
02-13-2013, 12:03 AM
gelu88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Seriously even if its mls soccer its growing fast in me... its about surpassing hockey. Must be my south american blood.

I see huge potential for football in montreal in the future with so much diverse origins saputo will have no trouble at all filling saputo stadium every night... specially with a owner focused in winning at all cost.
Time for a bigger Stadium?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Time for a bigger Stadium?
Time to get the soccer superstars this city deserves. As I've said before, even with our great depth added this season, it's unnaceptable that Toronto and Vancouver have multiple high payed players and not us. Do whatever is necessary, period.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Time to get the soccer superstars this city deserves. As I've said before, even with our great depth added this season, it's unnaceptable that Toronto and Vancouver have multiple high payed players and not us. Do whatever is necessary, period.
Uhmm Nesta is one of the best CB's this world has seen in the past decade. No high paid player on Toronto or Vancouver can even come close to Nesta in terms of talent and playing ability.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
Uhmm Nesta is one of the best CB's this world has seen in the past decade. No high paid player on Toronto or Vancouver can even come close to Nesta in terms of talent and playing ability.
Agreed, that move was a giant step in the right direction, and a VERY lucky one too at his salary. Nesta is playing his last season with us, so that's 1 more reason to invest in winning the title this season.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:41 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Agreed, that move was a giant step in the right direction, and a VERY lucky one too at his salary. Nesta is playing his last season with us, so that's 1 more reason to invest in winning the title this season.
Not only does Nesta help on the pitch, but his arrival also gave us credibility, a lot of credibility. How many times do you hear new recruits say that Montreal is now an attractive place because of Nesta? Very often. Hopefully, he stays close to the organization after he retires and he helps us get other big-name players.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Captain Saku

I read an article on lapresse this morning that the impact sold 7000 seasons tickets so far. The number is really disappointing in my opinion. Last year 8000 seasons tickets were sold. We still have time and I'm sure we'll reach 8000 STH but I would've liked some improvement.

The same article is saying that an average of 18,500 tickets need to be sold per game for the team to break even. Last year we were at 17000. Mr Legendre confirmed that the team's budget this year is 19 millions.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:48 AM
gunners14henry

Excited to see the Impact play again today. Hopefully we get to see Romero play and Eber as well.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I read an article on lapresse this morning that the impact sold 7000 seasons tickets so far. The number is really disappointing in my opinion. Last year 8000 seasons tickets were sold. We still have time and I'm sure we'll reach 8000 STH but I would've liked some improvement.

The same article is saying that an average of 18,500 tickets need to be sold per game for the team to break even. Last year we were at 17000. Mr Legendre confirmed that the team's budget this year is 19 millions.
The team will have to win and make the playoffs IMHO before people start buying season tickets and getting into it. We all know the way Montreal is when it comes to sports, you win we'll show up. If the Impact can make the playoffs, those numbers would probably be close to doubling the year after

Old
02-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Captain Saku

The game is at a very bad timing though. If you had to choose between watching a friendly game between a probably MLS B team vs an NASL team or watch one of the most anticipated game this season worldwide RM vs MU what would you watch?

Old
02-13-2013, 11:59 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
The game is at a very bad timing though. If you had to choose between watching a friendly game between a probably MLS B team vs an NASL team or watch one of the most anticipated game this season worldwide RM vs MU what would you watch?
I'm going to be watching both at the same time Two streams up, side by side with only the commentary for the Champions league game on.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:13 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
I'll be back home at around 4 so I'll watch the second half of the Impact game live and I DVRed the RM vs MU game and I'll watch it afterwards. DON'T SPOIL!

Old
02-13-2013, 01:50 PM
gunners14henry

Here's the staring lineup for the Impact this afternoon

Quote:
SoccerPlus ‏@SoccerPlusEN
#MLS : XI #IMFC vs @RowdiesSoccer Bush; Brovsky, Nesta, Camara, Iapichino; Warner; Pisanu, Felipe, Mallace, Mapp; Di Vaio

Old
02-13-2013, 03:13 PM
FF de Mars

Pisanu having a very good start. An assist on Felipe's goal, as sweet crosspass (lateral) from the outside of the box, with MDV lurking in between. I'm looking forward to see him on the wing as a starter this season.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Mapp is the "model of consistency" as the commentators said LOL

Old
02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
FF de Mars

Nesta on a cornerkick gets Tampa Bay a penalty shot on a questionable call by the ref. Still, we're dominating (against a NASL team). 2-1 Impact. 3-1 now ! MDV and Pisanu strike again !

Old
02-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Pisanu to Di Viao beautiful goal. I hope we see those two connect a couple more times this season.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

If pisanu and di vaio stay healthy its gonna be a beauty... if romero can play as good as in his clips we are in for a treat.

Closed Thread