come on. wild sign Riley Emmerson.

Old
07-07-2006, 06:35 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

vCash: 500
come on. wild sign Riley Emmerson.

http://www.wild.com/team/Press.asp?story_id=4831

we give this guy a contract but have yet to sign thelen?

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
Hey! Does Doobie know you're using his icon?

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 11:52 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Very funny Wild Thing I've been enjoying this offseason, even if it doesn't look like it.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:01 AM
TeamSeals

So why was Matt Kasian drafted in the 2nd round last year?

TeamSeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 06:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post

we give this guy a contract but have yet to sign thelen?

doesn't thelen go to college? They have another 2 years to let him develop, and after this off-season for the Wild, no reason to rush him in this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSeals View Post
depth?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Greg7

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
doesn't thelen go to college? They have another 2 years to let him develop, and after this off-season for the Wild, no reason to rush him in this year.
Thelen played for Prince Albert last year after leaving college for a variety of reasons, including apparently not getting along with the coach. I think he'll be signed before the season begins and likely play for Houston.

I wonder though, how long do the Wild have to sign him? For a CHL player it's two years from being drafted, but for college it's not until graduation. So since he was drafted out of college then switched to the WHL a year later, does that mean his two years start after switching, or is it retroactive to the time he was drafted? The Wild may not need to sign him until next offseason if his two years start after he switched last season, although I think he will be signed this offseason regardless.

Greg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 10:39 AM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSeals View Post
We picked Kassian because at the time all we had was Nazarov who obviously wasn't particularly impressive. We had this 6'7" guy named Boogaard, but he was completely unproven, was overweight the previous season and couldn't skate so well. We needed some options in case Nazarove was a PowerPuff Girl ... which he turned out to be. It just so happened that The BoogieMan shocked everyone, lost 25 or so pounds, improved his skating and made the team. The rest is history.

The Big E

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:55 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg7 View Post
Thelen played for Prince Albert last year after leaving college for a variety of reasons, including apparently not getting along with the coach. I think he'll be signed before the season begins and likely play for Houston.

I wonder though, how long do the Wild have to sign him? For a CHL player it's two years from being drafted, but for college it's not until graduation. So since he was drafted out of college then switched to the WHL a year later, does that mean his two years start after switching, or is it retroactive to the time he was drafted? The Wild may not need to sign him until next offseason if his two years start after he switched last season, although I think he will be signed this offseason regardless.

they have until next summer to sign thelen.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
We picked Kassian because at the time all we had was Nazarov who obviously wasn't particularly impressive. We had this 6'7" guy named Boogaard, but he was completely unproven, was overweight the previous season and couldn't skate so well. We needed some options in case Nazarove was a PowerPuff Girl ... which he turned out to be. It just so happened that The BoogieMan shocked everyone, lost 25 or so pounds, improved his skating and made the team. The rest is history.

The Big E
Exactly.

All the talk about Boogaard before this season was that he didn't belong anywhere near an NHL club and was at best a minor league player. I can only remember one poster that actually defended him.

I still wouldn't have taken Kassian in the second round, but I can understand why they felt the need to draft him.

Sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote