HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs - Ducks (Perry)

Old
02-13-2013, 09:16 AM
SFD22

vCash: 500
Leafs - Ducks (Perry)

Provided that Perry doesn't want to re-sign:

TO TOR: Perry + DSP

TO ANA: Grabovski + Kulemin + Percy + 1st 2013

Leafs lineup:

JVR-________-Perry
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin

Leafs then go shopping with Gunnarson, MacArthur, Franson, possibly Gardiner for another centreman. (O'Reilly? C. Wilson?)

SFD22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:21 AM
mohare

There should be a new rule for Leafs GMs. No trading your 1st round pick until you know where it is or you've clinched a playoff berth.

mohare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Getz2perry

The sad thing is i didnt even have to open the thread to figure out who the ducks were going to receive

Ill give you credit tho i didn't foresee dsp

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Pi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
The sad thing is i didnt even have to open the thread to figure out who the ducks were going to receive

You do know this is like 5x more than what Kovalchuk got as a UFA right?

Take your chances @ UFA if he's there, tough luck if he signs. He could just as easily walk from the Leafs + that 2013 1st rounder could easily be top 10.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:33 AM
caribouPINE

vCash: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post

Well I didn't even have to open the thread to know this was going to go downhill with the first couple posts.

I agree with you though.

caribouPINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:35 AM
highoffglass
Cheers!

I wouldn't think it's enough... Just glancing at the Ducks prospects, I would assume they have more of a need for forward prospects, so I doubt Percy has much value to them... and on top of it, they give up DSP.

Can't see Ducks fans liking this at all.

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Suddenly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoffglass View Post
I wouldn't think it's enough... Just glancing at the Ducks prospects, I would assume they have more of a need for forward prospects, so I doubt Percy has much value to them... and on top of it, they give up DSP.

Can't see Ducks fans liking this at all.
What this guy said.

I'll take my chance and wait till the deadline. Many teams will be calling about Perry. The proposal has nothing I like other than the first round pick from Toronto. Since you know...you guys don't make the playoffs.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:57 AM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohare View Post
There should be a new rule for Leafs GMs. No trading your 1st round pick until you know where it is or you've clinched a playoff berth.
No trading firsts at all would be nice

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:03 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFD22 View Post
Provided that Perry doesn't want to re-sign:

TO TOR: Perry + DSP

TO ANA: Grabovski + Kulemin + Percy + 1st 2013

Leafs lineup:

JVR-________-Perry
Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Komarov-Kadri-Frattin

Leafs then go shopping with Gunnarson, MacArthur, Franson, possibly Gardiner for another centreman. (O'Reilly? C. Wilson?)
Considering that Toronto is clicking hard right now, I strongly doubt we would give up two of our very good roster players and our 1st in a deep draft for a pending UFA who plays the same position as our current star player.

No thanks.

Will take a chance in the off-season to sign him, but if we miss out on him I wouldn't be that upset, he isn't a strong need for us.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:11 AM
BinCookin

If you had not fired Burke, A deal like this might happen (corrections whatever way for value)

But since you fired him, and took the "more patient" nonis... you know no 1st round picks or young prospects will get delt, thus you will have to hope for UFA, or just wait to miss the playoffs next 2-3 years and draft to get better. Or just ride the players you have now.

Either way, no more TO blockbuster trades are likely

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Force951

Perry isn't going to be traded if the Ducks are in a playoff spot. Chances are he won't be traded even if we miss the playoffs.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:28 AM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

After all those years of chasing a first line center, has it still not sunk in yet, that you do not get them for stuff like Gunnarson, MacArthur, Franson? Just hold on to Grabovski for now. At least he is a real(ish) top6 guy.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:43 AM
nmbr_24

The only way I see Perry getting moved is if he comes out and says he wants to see what he can get as an UFA. If that happens there will be a bidding war, I just don't know if any teams are going to be willing to give up players like Grabovski for a guy who is going to test the free agent market. Contenders will surely give up picks and prospects and whatever roster player Perry would replace, but I doubt anyone is giving up key players for him at that point.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:14 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Didn't even look at the players. Trading for Perry without a contract is just about the dumbest thing Nonis can do. Perry hates the spotlight, and Toronto is the worst possible place he can go to for that.

But yeah, I think if the Ducks DO plan to trade Perry without a contract this would be sufficient. Like the thought of having two firsts in this draft either for a trade up, or just having 1/15th of the first round.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Didn't even look at the players. Trading for Perry without a contract is just about the dumbest thing Nonis can do. Perry hates the spotlight, and Toronto is the worst possible place he can go to for that.
There is no spotlight in Toronto if you block it out.

Kessel doesn't care about what the media thinks...he just goes about what he has to do on the ice.

I'd agree though, that trading for an unsigned Perry is just asking for trouble, too much of a flight risk, and the Leafs aren't in a position to trade for rentals yet.

I've noticed that there are a lot more Perry trade proposal than Getzlaf. Is Perry less inclined to sign and stay with the Ducks?

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Adam Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

Kessel doesn't care about what the media thinks...he just goes about what he has to do on the ice.

I'd agree though, that trading for an unsigned Perry is just asking for trouble, too much of a flight risk, and the Leafs aren't in a position to trade for rentals yet.

I've noticed that there are a lot more Perry trade proposal than Getzlaf. Is Perry less inclined to sign and stay with the Ducks?
That seems to be the prevailing idea. Perry has always been kind of funny with the media and the way that he gives interviews, so it's kind of tough to really get a read on him. I think that if you were to ask Ducks fans, the majority of us are not nearly as concerned about losing Getzlaf as we are about losing Perry.

Adam Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:33 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

We don't know by how much. Could be marginal, but we're all convinced Getzlaf is staying. Like 99.5% sure.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote