HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak National Team- The start over again edition

Old
01-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Indian

vCash: 500
The goalies have been doing great this year and there is one more that I would throw in, Vlado Kováč. He has been briliant in the VHL.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:49 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Jakub Gasparovic from Dukla Trencin to Medvescak Zagreb. Can anybody tell me how good is he ?

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:05 PM
ebis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Jakub Gasparovic from Dukla Trencin to Medvescak Zagreb. Can anybody tell me how good is he ?
Pretty good, one of the best players in Extraliga and still young. 15+19 in 45 games so far this season. Medveščak also signed veteran Roman Tomas from HK Poprad. 24 +14 in 48 games in Extraliga.

ebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:51 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Pretty good, one of the best players in Extraliga and still young. 15+19 in 45 games so far this season. Medveščak also signed veteran Roman Tomas from HK Poprad. 24 +14 in 48 games in Extraliga.
Yes, for me it is little odd that he signed with us...hopefully his signing is another sign of Medvescak going towards KHL

Tomas said that he was told that chances of Medvescak for KHL are 99% and that he would love to play in KHL. I don't know if he is good enough, he had one short stint in Russian VHL and statistically not so good.

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:49 AM
slovakiasnextone

First pre-WC camp will start next week in Námestovo, here's the roster:

Jaroslav Janus (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1989
Ján Laco (Donbass Doneck/KHL) 1981
Rastislav Staňa (CSKA Moskva/KHL) 1980

Ján Brejčák (HC Litvínov/CZE) 1989
Marek Ďaloga (HC Pardubice/CZE) 1989
Branislav Mezei (Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg/KHL) 1980
Vladimír Mihálik (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1987
Michal Sersen (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1985
Karol Sloboda (HC Vítkovice/CZE) 1983
Richard Stehlík (HC Vítkovice/CZE) 1984
Martin Štajnoch (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1990
Ivan Švarný (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1984
René Vydarený (HC České Budějovice/CZE) 1981

Martin Bartek (HC Pardubice/CZE) 1980
Mário Bližňák (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1987
Marko Daňo (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1994
Jakub Gašparovič (Medveščak Záhreb/EBEL) 1990
Libor Hudáček (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1990
Roman Kukumberg (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1980
Juraj Majdan (HC Litvínov/CZE) 1991
Michel Miklík (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1982
Peter Ölvecký (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1985
Branko Radivojevič (Spartak Moskva/KHL) 1980
Tomáš Surový (HC Lev Praha/KHL) 1981
Ján Sýkora (HC 05 Banská Bystrica/SVK) 1990
Andrej Šťastný (HC Slovan Bratislava/KHL) 1991
Radoslav Tybor (HC Pardubice/CZE) 1989
Michael Vandas (HK Poprad/SVK) 1991

I'm way too lazy to make a list of all the players that already declined NT due to injuries and stuff, but I let you know that the list would be at least as long as this roster is....

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
That defence =

However, I'm happy that a number of younger players like Gasparovic and Stastny are getting to at least train with the National Team, although there may be others coming into the team who will eventually take their spot?

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

Hey people! It's less than a month to the beginning of the World Championship and the situation with our NT looks even "worse" than last year Maybe it means we will get gold medal this time

Seriously it's bad considering about 13 players refused to join NT for various reasons On the other side this year it's perfect time to give a chance on youngsters Then add some veterans and it can be quite a good Championship (Hopefully they won't be relegated )... especially for the future of Slovak hockey.

There's nothing to envy to Mr. Vůjtek, but I believe he has got "balls" to do some tough decisions once again. Maybe they won't reach quarter-final this WC, but It's not such a big tragedy for me. Not this time .

Call me crazy, but I would like to see a team like this on the WC. This is the best scenario for me, considering all the circumstances:

Gáborík - Bližňák - Pánik
Záborský - Kopecký - Radivojevič
Šatan - Kukumberg - Hudáček L.
Vandas - Stűmpel - Haščák
Šťastný - Daňo

Jurčina - Sekera
Graňák - Marinčin
Štajnoch - Sersen
Hraško - Ďaloga

Janus
Laco
Hudáček J.

What do you thing about it?

Last edited by Krotak: 04-01-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Krotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

I'd be surprised if Zaborsky agrees to play for Slovakia, in recent years it seems he always finds a reason to say no to NT.

And Panik will likely be back down the Syracuse in the AHL for a playoff run since they are a good team so I would think he wouldn't be coming to WC.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 04-01-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 02:27 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
Hey people! It's less than a month to the beginning of the World Championship and the situation with our NT looks even "worse" than last year Maybe it means we will get gold medal this time

Seriously it's bad considering about 13 players refused to join NT for various reasons On the other side this year it's perfect time to give a chance on youngsters Then add some veterans and it can be quite a good Championship (Hopefully they won't be relegated )... especially for the future of Slovak hockey.

There's nothing to envy to Mr. Vůjtek, but I believe he has got "balls" to do some tough decisions once again. Maybe they won't reach quarter-final this WC, but It's not such a big tragedy for me. Not this time .

Call me crazy, but I would like to see a team like this on the WC. This is the best scenario for me, considering all the circumstances:

Gáborík - Bližňák - Pánik
Záborský - Kopecký - Radivojevič
Šatan - Kukumberg - Hudáček L.
Vandas - Stűmpel - Haščák
Šťastný - Daňo

Jurčina - Sekera
Graňák - Marinčin
Štajnoch - Sersen
Hraško - Ďaloga

Janus
Laco
Hudáček J.

What do you thing about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I'd be surprised if Zaborsky agrees to play for Slovakia, in recent years it seems he always finds a reason to say no to NT.

And Panik will likely be back down the Syracuse in the AHL for a playoff run since they are a good team so I would think he wouldn't be coming to WC.
As Holden Caulfield has said Pánik most likely won't be available. Vujtek has mentioned it after his overseas trip that both Pánik and Tatar will likely be sent to the AHL and won't be released for IHWC. There's a chance that Tatar could be traded still though so who knows. Vujtek never mentioned Marinčin during the overseas trip, which gives a pretty good view on whether they are counting with him or not, seems not, but even if they are he might also still be in play-offs. Gábborík I think chances are pretty high there will be some injury found or something there. I don't think Šatan will recover from his injury in order to play and it's probably best for his health if he doesn't. As for Záborský according to Vujtek he's been rehabilitating some kind of injurz orsomething and is expected to join the team in a few days time.I think chances are that he knows that this is basically his last chance and nt coming would mean throwing away the Olympics. Graňák has had some serious health trouble during the season, so I wouldn't count too much on him. As for the goalies, Janus might still bolt to the Bolts, but even if he doesn't I don't think they will be taking both him and Hudáček. Well, it will be interesting to say the least this year...

Old
04-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Kamzik

Quite a game last night for Panik. Richard was 2+1, +4, 4 hits against the Washington Capitals. He had some good chemistry with Tom Pyatt and Teddy Purcell.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Indian

List of players invited to the Olympic hockey summer:

Goalies: Peter Budaj, Jaroslav Halák, Jaroslav Janus, Ján Laco, Rastislav Staňa.

Defencemen: Ivan Baranka, Marek Ďaloga, Dominik Graňák, Zdeno Chára, Milan Jurčina, Martin Marinčin, Andrej Meszároš, Andrej Sekera, Michal Sersen, Tomáš Starosta, Ľubomír Višňovský, René Vydarený.

Forwards: Milan Bartovič, Mário Bližňák, Marko Daňo, Marián Gáborík, Michal Handzuš, Marel Hossa, Marián Hossa, Marek Hrivík, Tomáš Jurčo, Tomáš Kopecký, Roman Kukumberg, Michel Miklík, Juraj Mikúš, Richard Pánik, Branko Radivojevič, Tomáš Surový, Miroslav Šatan, Tomáš Tatar, Tomáš Záborský.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 04:42 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Is Višňovský no longer retired from the national team? Or is this simply an invitation that he's unlikely to accept?

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:55 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Is Višňovský no longer retired from the national team? Or is this simply an invitation that he's unlikely to accept?
Half-retired, retired from WC, but appearently always had the intention to go to Sochi.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:18 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
No invite for either of the Hudáček brothers? Eh?

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
No invite for either of the Hudáček brothers? Eh?
Thinking the same thing, TBH. I get that Dano is there for the future, but Libor Hudacek is still only 22/23 and a much better player RIGHT NOW. Thought he should at least be invited to a summer camp. He is pretty on level with Kukumberg and Miklik right now, could be better as soon as next season. Odd to me.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:12 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Thinking the same thing, TBH. I get that Dano is there for the future, but Libor Hudacek is still only 22/23 and a much better player RIGHT NOW. Thought he should at least be invited to a summer camp. He is pretty on level with Kukumberg and Miklik right now, could be better as soon as next season. Odd to me.
Maybe he has its own schedule (vacation ...). And Vujtek saw him many times, so he know, what can he do. And maybe there was some problem on last WCH and that's the reason, why he isn't there. Something like "You are not so special, we can play also without you".

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:27 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
List of players invited to the Olympic hockey summer:

Goalies: Peter Budaj, Jaroslav Halák, Jaroslav Janus, Ján Laco, Rastislav Staňa.

Defencemen: Ivan Baranka, Marek Ďaloga, Dominik Graňák, Zdeno Chára, Milan Jurčina, Martin Marinčin, Andrej Meszároš, Andrej Sekera, Michal Sersen, Tomáš Starosta, Ľubomír Višňovský, René Vydarený.

Forwards: Milan Bartovič, Mário Bližňák, Marko Daňo, Marián Gáborík, Michal Handzuš, Marel Hossa, Marián Hossa, Marek Hrivík, Tomáš Jurčo, Tomáš Kopecký, Roman Kukumberg, Michel Miklík, Juraj Mikúš, Richard Pánik, Branko Radivojevič, Tomáš Surový, Miroslav Šatan, Tomáš Tatar, Tomáš Záborský.
The team is gonna be good. This could be their last chance to contend for gold. Hopefully all the stars can play.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 03:54 PM
penepi

vCash: 50
My ideal line-up:
Laco/Staňa

Chára Graňák
Sekera Meszároš
Višňovský Baranka

Hossa Handzuš Záborský
Gáborík Bližňák Kopecký
Hudáček Mikúš Šatan
Tatar Olvecký Bartovič

penepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2013, 09:59 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penepi View Post
My ideal line-up:
Laco/Staňa

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 12:38 AM
xyzed

Panik should be there. He is much better than Hudacek.

xyzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 04:24 AM
penepi

@xyzed: I must agree with Panik, even Miklík is better than Hudáček.

@Harv: Halak not at all! He's just too weak for me and can't forget how he ruined us at home IIHF WC two years ago. Simply I like goalies like Laco, Janus, Staňa, Hudáček much more than him.

Old
07-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
@Harv: Halak not at all! He's just too weak for me and can't forget how he ruined us at home IIHF WC two years ago. Simply I like goalies like Laco, Janus, Staňa, Hudáček much more than him.
Halak will be the starter, Budaj will be backup.

The Olympics will be played against the best in the world. Halak can play against the best in the world.

There is a reason Laco, Staňa, Hudáček, etc don't play in the NHL. They are good goalies in the leagues they play in, but not against the most elite players. You can not risk playing a goalie who has played against 4th and 5th tier players for years and expect them to play in the Olympics. It doesn't work like that.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 02:27 PM
penepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Halak will be the starter, Budaj will be backup.

The Olympics will be played against the best in the world. Halak can play against the best in the world.

There is a reason Laco, Staňa, Hudáček, etc don't play in the NHL. They are good goalies in the leagues they play in, but not against the most elite players. You can not risk playing a goalie who has played against 4th and 5th tier players for years and expect them to play in the Olympics. It doesn't work like that.
There is maybe a reason but there is also something like current form. And playing in KHL doesn't mean Laco or Staňa aren't capable of playing against TOP players at all!

And last but not least Halak with Budaj played only about 30% of games this season and had awful stats (under 90%). And I am not sure if goalies out of game rhythm can play at Olympics. And sitting on bench doesn't really mean they're better than Staňa for instance.
Furthermore Laco showed what he can on IIHF WC in 2012. In 2011 Halak played equally against players on IIHF WC and made just very poor performance. And Laco's career is typologically absolutely different in general. Therefore I dare say he's better than those two.

Last edited by penepi: 07-28-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old
07-28-2013, 02:33 PM
xyzed

Quote:
@xyzed: I must agree with Panik, even Miklík is better than Hudáček.
I like Hudacek. He has good hands but he is very weak, loosing his balance too often IMO. Maybe he is going to surprise us next season.

xyzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 03:00 PM
petoNHL

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzed View Post
I like Hudacek. He has good hands but he is very weak, loosing his balance too often IMO. Maybe he is going to surprise us next season.
He is very inconsistent, he was invisible half of the season and for me he looks also effortless. I don't believe, that he will have good season next year, but you never know. Anyway, there is no room for him on the olympic roster.

btw. my ideal line-up:
Tatar - Handzuš - Hossa
Pánik - Mikúš - Gáborík
Záborský - Bližňák - Kopecký
Radivojevič - Ölvecký - Miklík
Jurčo

Chára - Graňák
Sekera - Višňovský
Meszároš - Baranka
Marinčin

Halák, Janus, Hudáček

petoNHL is online now   Reply With Quote