HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jets D Paul Postma on the market?

Old
02-13-2013, 12:15 AM
scelaton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
to the

Ty McGinn

to the :

Paul Postma

McGinn is 22-year-old left wing who is listed as 6.02 and 205 lbs. He now has 10 games under his belt with 2g, 2a and a solid +2.

Potential 3rd line Power Forward. Highest upside top-6 fill in.
Try 3g, after the game winner against us last night. I'll take that trade, but doubt Philly would part with him at this point.

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:01 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Hasn't Clitsome been hurt though?
Not that I am aware of.

He has just been playing like ****.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:52 AM
English stars fan

How much does Postma use his size? Upside?

The Stars have plenty of potential top 6 (even top line) wingers with size that could be available, but there'd need to be value coming back.

Chiasson
Ritchie
Stransky

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:35 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
As for Postma, as much as we (Jets fans) think other people know who he is, they don't. So his value is not that high. I believe he could develop in very good player and then people will know him better, so the return will be solid.
Other fans might not know who he is but I assure you other GMs will. Plenty of teams could use a young puck-moving RHD who put up good numbers in the AHL (44pts in 56 games last year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
If this guy's on the market that'll be a very small market. Nobody gonna give up much for this dead piece
Case in point.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:09 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
What kind of value could Postma fetch in a trade? Bear in mind that Chevy is fond of adding size and compete, and the Jets primary need is at RW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
would the Rangers make Boyle available?
For a young RH, PMD with size? Boyle brings size, compete, and the versatility to play wing or center. Boyle can be a flat out beast coming in from the off-wing boards.

If the Rangers did it, they'd likely have to move Eminger or Gilroy in the same or a complementary deal. Carrying 9 defencemen doesn't make sense.

Does Postma have that much more value than Barker, Gilory, or MAB?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
For a young RH, PMD with size? Boyle brings size, compete, and the versatility to play wing or center. Boyle can be a flat out beast coming in from the off-wing boards.

If the Rangers did it, they'd likely have to move Eminger or Gilroy in the same or a complementary deal. Carrying 9 defencemen doesn't make sense.

Does Postma have that much more value than Barker, Gilory, or MAB?
Well yeah, he's definitely got more value than those guys. I doubt any one of those three would get claimed on waivers, save for maybe Gilroy. Whether he ends up being considerably better than them is another story, although I'm pretty confident he will.

Boyle would be a nice player to have, and definitely fits with the types of players Chevy is trying to bring in. What wing is he most effective on? Like I said, RW is probably the bigger problem right now. Wellwood has been useless so far this year, and even when he inevitably starts producing, I'd still gladly sacrifice some point production for size and strength along the boards, something that has been sorely lacking for the Jets.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:59 AM
broinwhyteridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
I'm not necessarily supporting this but a lot of Vancouver fans aren't happy with Booth (despite him not playing this year).

To WIN: David Booth + Cam Barker
To VAN: Paul Postma + Ivan Telegin + 2nd
Chortle chortle chuckle chuckle.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote