HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

JM's Keeper League - Communication Options

Old
02-13-2013, 05:09 AM
Raptactics29

vCash: 500
JM's Keeper League - Communication Options

Good morning my fellow keeper league enthusiasts. I'm starting this thread the field options, opinions, suggestions, and ideas on how we should best communicate with one another. I mean, sure.. we can *yawn* PM through HFBoards but I've had to delete my messages pretty much every single day since this league has begun. There has to be a better way then this.

I have a few ideas.. and I'm sure between the god damn 30 of us.. we can find something that will work for the majority. If the minority who don't like that way of communicating don't jump on board.. well, then that their loss. Good luck with making any deals.

So.. my ideas in no particular order are:

- Windows Live 'Messanger.. or some sort of IMing service.

- Text messaging. I'm site all of us have cell phones. Definitely not my favourite option but it's much better than PMing through HF.

- Email! Might as well IM through yahoo or windows live.

- A smartphone/iPhone app. I think some mentioned Chatzy or something? Could someone explain this further? I've never heard of it.

- Morse Code: beep beep ba-beep beeeeep be be beeeee beep.

- Carrier Pigeons/Pony Express. This trade could take a while. And it could end up in China?!?!

- Starting our own website specific to our league. It would obviously come with a PMing service plus you can have your own sub-forum. Trust me, this is easily the best option. We will get there eventually. IMO, having a private website for a league this in depth.. It's vital. You guys will see what I mean.

- and lastly.. PMing through HFBoards.

So.. who else has ideas? I think if the forums are out for now it's gotta be MSN. I know I'm gonna stop responding to PMs here because they're annoying. I'd rather be able to chat and get a response without loading up a page. So PM me for my email addy and we can get that going. It'll be important when it comes time for CBS to start up. You'll need an email address so I can invite each and everyone of you to the league. If you don't have an email address I suggest you get one because without one, sorry, I can't invite you to the league, you cannot get ahold of me to make your moves for your team on CBS, and, well, think about it.

Anyway.. I think we all should give each other our IMing email addy so we can talk deals like that.

Cheers

Raptactics29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:53 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah I agree that we do need something better, there's a site called Chatroll that I use the max per group chat is 10 but if you pay like 10 bucks a month it's 30! It's awesome works great and I think it would be best for the league

CBJ All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:58 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Who the heck are you Raptactics29?

I joined Joey Moss' league? ... Is he the commish, or not?

If you are assisting him then fine. If you've taken over decision making, please let us know.

it's like this is morphing from an ol' reliable, comfortable HfBoards draft game into something else entirely.

Joey Moss? What's up?

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:30 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post

If you are assisting him then fine. If you've taken over decision making, please let us know.

it's like this is morphing from an ol' reliable, comfortable HfBoards draft game into something else entirely.

Joey Moss? What's up?
Co'commisioner

Old
02-13-2013, 07:36 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:

Joey Moss? What's up?
Yea it's fine. If you guys can discuss with one another through msn or something that's great I'm not going to use it but getting a bunch of guys in the league to do so might be good.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Raptactics29

Quote:

Joey Moss? What's up?
You don't read these posts much, do you? I'm 50/50 co-commissioners with JM. JM has stated as much at least a couple times. No, I haven't taken over but if you ask JM what's up, he might tell you. I won't go in to lengthy details but this league would've been a lot different today if JM didn't change his mind last night.

Anyway, unfortunately, this isn't going to be some lame, count goals and assists and maybe the odd fart for points. It'll be simple, sure.. but if you're looking for a standard points league.. well, you're really out to lunch.

I know a bunch of you guys were in the last league JM ran. He's brought me on board as a co-commish because I presented an idea for what the league could be and it seemed as though JM.. and a bunch of others really liked the idea. I have 17-18 years of fantasy hockey experience. I've ran leagues 30 yeams deep with full 50 roster spots, 7 round drafts every single year, and a waiver draft as well that allowed teams to draft those NCAA & Euro FA's. That league also had a hard salary cap, it was like this league where you had 20 roster players scoring, 4Cs, 8Ws, 6D, 2 goalies, and then 3 pressbox players in case of injury. That league was really in deoth.. and this league will be a slightly weaker version of that. JM did agree to ive me complete reigns of what the scoring system will be.. and if you read the OP of the discussion thread.. you'll see the scoring system and other useful info there.

So again.. I guess you don't read the posts much, do you? JM announced me as a co-commish probably over a week ago.

Anyway, this isn't the first time someone has given me attitude. I'm at my wits-end guys. I sat and took it last night while people sat there and bashed me. The real question is, who the heck are you VanIslander? Trust me, you guys need me a **** ton more than I need you. One more crack to me/about me/complaining about the scoring format and what categories are involved from anyone, I'm ****ing so gone. It isn't like I had the categories a secret from people.. you had TONS of time to decide if this was the league for you! I can already tell at least 3 or 4 GMs here don't like me and probably more importantly, think my system is ******. Trust me, for the 3 or 4 guys who don't like it, stop.. you guys are very ****ing close to ruining this for everyone. The ONLY reason I'm still here after last night is because JM is such a quality guy, and I'm not the type of person to just start something and then turn my back on them when faced with the first little bit of adversity.. but this crap is starting to wear thin. Seriously guys. Put it this way, I told JM "no hard feelings" and that I'm just gonna start my own league more than once in PM's last night.

Anyway, this thread is just about communication. What would it even matter if a regular GM started it? It's a fairly important detail of a league like this and these questions need to be answered. But to answer your question. I'm Rap-****ing-tactics VanIslander.. the co-commish of this league and the mother****er you'll be calling daddy year after year when I'm a top the podium, in the winners circle

Old
02-13-2013, 08:20 AM
highoffglass
Cheers!

haha, beauty post.....

anyways, since I work 9-5, I think email would be perfect for me anyways. I can easily access it on my phone, and my computer.

For the folks that want a chat-room that would be a good idea too, but I likely wouldn't use it as my main source of communication.

+1 for personal email

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:24 AM
VanIslander
17/07/2014 ATD RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptactics29 View Post
Anyway, unfortunately, this isn't going to be some lame, count goals and assists and maybe the odd fart for points. It'll be simple, sure.. but if you're looking for a standard points league.. well, you're really out to lunch.
I'm not out to lunch. I'm just out. And, yeah, I'm an old fart.

This is NOT what I expected. I have enjoyed Joey Moss' league. But this new league is another animal entirely.

I'll stick to HfBoard drafts conducted 100% via the boards and PMs. It suits my lifestyle. So, if you guys go off board, well then, let the next guy on the waiting list take the San Jose Sharks before it really gets going.

G'day.

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:27 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoffglass View Post
haha, beauty post.....

anyways, since I work 9-5, I think email would be perfect for me anyways. I can easily access it on my phone, and my computer.

For the folks that want a chat-room that would be a good idea too, but I likely wouldn't use it as my main source of communication.

+1 for personal email
I know AIM is accessible from both the iPhone and the computer

Old
02-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Raptactics29

Quote:

This is NOT what I expected. I have enjoyed Joey Moss' league. But this new league is another animal entirely.

I'll stick to HfBoard drafts conducted 100% via the boards and PMs. It suits my lifestyle. So, if you guys go off board, well then, let the next guy on the waiting list take the San Jose Sharks before it really gets going.

G'day.
Ciao

Old
02-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

I suggest gtalk. Everyone make an account where your screen name is similar to your hfname or team name. Simple, keeps privacy.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Slats432

I admit, this isn't exactly what I signed up for either. I am out too.

Good luck.

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

How are you guys dropping out because of a discussion thread, when we haven't even made a decision yet

A very reactive bunch we've got here.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:56 AM
highoffglass
Cheers!

Not sure what everyone was expecting when they signed up? It's a keeper fantasy league... this is just a thread to determine what the best way of communication would be.....

anyways, commish: keep up the excellent work!

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:02 AM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Since forum is out of the question. How about we use chatzy. This is a great way to communicate with one another. What you think guy's??

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Anyway, this isn't the first time someone has given me attitude. I'm at my wits-end guys. I sat and took it last night while people sat there and bashed me. The real question is, who the heck are you VanIslander? Trust me, you guys need me a **** ton more than I need you. One more crack to me/about me/complaining about the scoring format and what categories are involved from anyone, I'm ****ing so gone. It isn't like I had the categories a secret from people.. you had TONS of time to decide if this was the league for you! I can already tell at least 3 or 4 GMs here don't like me and probably more importantly, think my system is ******. Trust me, for the 3 or 4 guys who don't like it, stop.. you guys are very ****ing close to ruining this for everyone. The ONLY reason I'm still here after last night is because JM is such a quality guy, and I'm not the type of person to just start something and then turn my back on them when faced with the first little bit of adversity.. but this crap is starting to wear thin. Seriously guys. Put it this way, I told JM "no hard feelings" and that I'm just gonna start my own league more than once in PM's last night.
Why do you bother responding to everyone who doesn't agree with you? Moreso, why do you feel the need to make comments like these?

The reason JM's leagues work is because he is open to other people's ideas, and even if he disagrees with them, he shows respects towards a person's opinion.

Comments like these will never work in a HFboards fantasy league. We have seen how things work here for 4 years. And finally, 29 GM's are worth more than 1. I don't think you'll see anyone agree with you thinking the league needs you more than you need us.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

G'day.
We're not going off board. You don't have to make an account for anything else. It's just an easier way to get a hold of someone if their pick is up or something. I won't be making any other accounts.. Not even a chatzy thing because Im comfortable here as well using PM. Feel free to do the same.

The thread can be directed to those who do want easier communication.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:38 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats432 View Post
I admit, this isn't exactly what I signed up for either. I am out too.

Good luck.
lol Its a fantasy hockey league what did you think you signed up for?

Old
02-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
lol Its a fantasy hockey league what did you think you signed up for?
Don't worry about it it's not related to that.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Chatzy is super easy, Nudge is right. Almost every GM game uses it. Just PM all the GMs what the chatzy is so that you don't have anybody from outside the game join.

Dr John Carlson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:24 PM
showjaxx

vCash: 647
Quote:
I have 17-18 years of fantasy hockey experience
This is hard to believe, considering you act like a 12 year old girl

Quote:
Trust me, you guys need me a **** ton more than I need you.
lololololololol

Quote:
I'm not the type of person to just start something and then turn my back on them when faced with the first little bit of adversity..
Quote:
One more crack to me/about me/complaining about the scoring format and what categories are involved from anyone, I'm ****ing so gone.
lololololololol

Quote:
Trust me, for the 3 or 4 guys who don't like it, stop..
Yea, you're right. No one should criticize god

Quote:
I'm Rap-****ing-tactics
You should change your username to "Crap-****ing-tastic"

showjaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:38 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMollyOxenFree View Post

lololololololol

lololololololol

Relax we all know you guys have different opinions on some things but you are both out to achieve a similar endgame a fun, active league. So lets stop bickering and actually come up with posts that will benefit the league!

Old
02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Ice Whole

Alright guys, enough with the shots at raptactics. I don't see what he's doing wrong, he's doing a fine job of being the commish, I agree that there are some changes many gms don't want but these are just SUGGESTIONS. Should've read the rules when you were signing up. This is still JMs league as well, he just has more help.

Also, raptactics take this as advice, you do come across..a bit to controlling I guess? I can't think of the word but if people disagree with you, you have to respect their opinion and even if you say you do, your posts and the tone of it doesn't seem like it. As the commish you need to tone it down a bit. Other than that, I think your doing a good job and thanks!

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMollyOxenFree View Post

lololololololol

lololololololol

You know you're just putting this whole league in jeopardy for everyone for your antics.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:54 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Lets just keep it on HF.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote