HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis and Toronto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 12:00 PM
  #276
supercilious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Why does every trade have to be a blockbuster?

Both teams are clearly doing well this year... for either team to remove key players at this stage makes ZERO sense.

I don't know enough about the blues lesser players but the ones who would be available from the leafs would be:

MacArthur
Franson
Holzer
Fraser
Liles

... and thats really about it. The leafs are not in the midst of a rebuild and therefore will never be trading a Phaneuf or a Kessel or a Grabovski or a Gunnarsson... these are our best players and they wont be going to St Louis just because thats what the Blues need.

If the blues can augment their 3rd or 4th line with guys like the ones mentioned, then theyre more than welcome to it. But they arent getting top line players
____

Also, someone tell me the rationale behind the leafs wanting Stewart?!

Do we not already have too many wingers?

JVR, Kessel & Lupul are already 1st line wingers... we dont know what were going to do with Lupul once he comes back from injury already... why would we add stewart to the mix?

Youve got Kulemin, Frattin, MacArthur etc who are all borderline top 6 guys once you look past the first three

The leafs need a #1C and thats all. The blues dont have that to offer so unless its a minor deal where we offload for minor prospects or picks, i dont see anything happening.

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:10 PM
  #277
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
Why does every trade have to be a blockbuster?

Both teams are clearly doing well this year... for either team to remove key players at this stage makes ZERO sense.

I don't know enough about the blues lesser players but the ones who would be available from the leafs would be:

MacArthur
Franson
Holzer
Fraser
Liles

... and thats really about it. The leafs are not in the midst of a rebuild and therefore will never be trading a Phaneuf or a Kessel or a Grabovski or a Gunnarsson... these are our best players and they wont be going to St Louis just because thats what the Blues need.

If the blues can augment their 3rd or 4th line with guys like the ones mentioned, then theyre more than welcome to it. But they arent getting top line players
____

Also, someone tell me the rationale behind the leafs wanting Stewart?!

Do we not already have too many wingers?

JVR, Kessel & Lupul are already 1st line wingers... we dont know what were going to do with Lupul once he comes back from injury already... why would we add stewart to the mix?

Youve got Kulemin, Frattin, MacArthur etc who are all borderline top 6 guys once you look past the first three

The leafs need a #1C and thats all. The blues dont have that to offer so unless its a minor deal where we offload for minor prospects or picks, i dont see anything happening.
Frattin is Hurt and Stewart is better then mac 2 spots open

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:12 PM
  #278
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,117
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
Why does every trade have to be a blockbuster?

Both teams are clearly doing well this year... for either team to remove key players at this stage makes ZERO sense.

I don't know enough about the blues lesser players but the ones who would be available from the leafs would be:

MacArthur
Franson
Holzer
Fraser
Liles

... and thats really about it. The leafs are not in the midst of a rebuild and therefore will never be trading a Phaneuf or a Kessel or a Grabovski or a Gunnarsson... these are our best players and they wont be going to St Louis just because thats what the Blues need.

If the blues can augment their 3rd or 4th line with guys like the ones mentioned, then theyre more than welcome to it. But they arent getting top line players
____

Also, someone tell me the rationale behind the leafs wanting Stewart?!

Do we not already have too many wingers?

JVR, Kessel & Lupul are already 1st line wingers... we dont know what were going to do with Lupul once he comes back from injury already... why would we add stewart to the mix?

Youve got Kulemin, Frattin, MacArthur etc who are all borderline top 6 guys once you look past the first three

The leafs need a #1C and thats all. The blues dont have that to offer so unless its a minor deal where we offload for minor prospects or picks, i dont see anything happening.
Non of those players add anything at all to the Blues have as good or better wingers and depth defensemen that sit in the press box every game.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
  #279
supercilious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Non of those players add anything at all to the Blues have as good or better wingers and depth defensemen that sit in the press box every game.
its too bad that it takes more than 1 team to agree to a trade then

the leafs arent selling off anything except their depth

theres no deal here.

and to the poster above you, Frattin is out for 10 days.. were not gonna bring in another winger just because hes hurt for a week and a half

JVR-C-Kessel
Lupul-C-Kulemin
Frattin-C-Komarov

thats not even including MacArthur whos going to leave at the end of the year

Were gonna bring in Stewart to play where, the third line?

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:28 PM
  #280
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
its too bad that it takes more than 1 team to agree to a trade then

the leafs arent selling off anything except their depth

theres no deal here.

and to the poster above you, Frattin is out for 10 days.. were not gonna bring in another winger just because hes hurt for a week and a half

JVR-C-Kessel
Lupul-C-Kulemin
Frattin-C-Komarov

thats not even including MacArthur whos going to leave at the end of the year

Were gonna bring in Stewart to play where, the third line?
sounds like 2 or 3 weeks actually

and no ideally when everyone is healthy i'd like to see JVR and Stewart as 2nd line wingers

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
  #281
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis MO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 50
Ahh, its all good and fun these trades speculations, after reading the replies, it is what it is

Armstrong was probably entertaining friends and family from Sarnia anyway

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:50 PM
  #282
supercilious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
our 2nd line is our shutdown line that is matched up against the opponents top line

its grabbo, kulemin and either macarthur or komarov

unless you want to put him on the third line with Kadri playing 13 minutes a game.

doesnt make sense imo

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:54 PM
  #283
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
Ahh, its all good and fun these trades speculations, after reading the replies, it is what it is

Armstrong was probably entertaining friends and family from Sarnia anyway
It's like 3 1/2 - 4 hours drive from Sarnia to Toronto? If he wanted to take family and friends to a game, he'd likely do it with a divisional game in Detroit which is significantly closer. Under 2 hours from Sarnia to the D, 90 mins if there's no hold up at the border.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:02 PM
  #284
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis MO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
It's like 3 1/2 - 4 hours drive from Sarnia to Toronto? If he wanted to take family and friends to a game, he'd likely do it with a divisional game in Detroit which is significantly closer. Under 2 hours from Sarnia to the D, 90 mins if there's no hold up at the border.
Well there you go... Blues are in Motown tonight as well, just saying.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.