HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIX All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yeah it really is wishful thinking but DD + Diaz + 3rd is his value at the moment I think. He's an unsigned RFA and most blockbuster deals recently have been three quarters for a dollar anyway.

If it were up to me I'd trade Gionta and DD for RoR but Gio has a no trade.
Not even close. DD and Diaz together are practically worthless, they aren't going to land you a young promising centre. Habs would have to relinquish a top young player in that deal.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
It's either Eller or Desharnais that goes if we get O'Rielly (wishful thinking maybe?)

Say it's Desharnais, you probably also have to add Weber. But I don't think thats enough, what else?
Desharnais+Kristo+Thrower probably gets the deal done. but tin that case i'd want a 2nd/3rd rounder in return.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/...uins-goal.html

Old
02-13-2013, 11:35 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Typical Bruin

Old
02-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
At the same time Desharnais is going to need a contract for next year, so what do we do with him. Is he worth 3.5 4 million a year?
This is a big opportunity to snag a player that every team wants. He's big, durable, can play on any of the top 3 lines, can win faceoffs (52.8%) last season, is considered more defensive than offensive, but had 55 points last season. Desharnais is to small a center to have any future with the club down the road at that position. I think the Habs should be all over this, and like you said we'd have to pay Desharnais more next year anyway.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Desharnais+Kristo+Thrower probably gets the deal done. but tin that case i'd want a 2nd/3rd rounder in return.
What about Desharnais, Kristo and Diaz for ROR? I don't think we'd get a pick back with that, really that's not a great deal for us but ROR is overhyped right now and the Avs need blueline help badly.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:43 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Why is O'Reilly so high in everybody's list?

DD had 60pts in his first pro-season.
O'Reilly got 55pts on his 3rd.

He's 6foot, but dont hit. So whats the matter?

Grass is not allways greener on the other side.

If we're to trade Eller or DD, why dont we trade one or the other, for something bigger. Instead of 4 quarters for a dollars.

Eller could easily become as 'good' as O'Reilly.
O'Reilly's impact on the ice is similar to Mike Richards. You can't just look at his point total and make an assumption on his worth. Regardless, 55 points was still enough to make him lead scorer on the Avs.

He'd make the ideal 1-2 punch in the future with Galchenyuk.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:54 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
I think Colorado want a player that can play now. If I were them I wouldn't take that deal.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
What about Desharnais, Kristo and Diaz for ROR? I don't think we'd get a pick back with that, really that's not a great deal for us but ROR is overhyped right now and the Avs need blueline help badly.
I honestly dont think he's that overhyped. I've seen him play and really plays quite hard. I'm not sure what it would take to get him, but i think it would have to be centered around Desharnais, who still has decent trade value, and maybe Diaz because he's hot at the moment.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Et le But

Quote:
I honestly dont think he's that overhyped. I've seen him play and really plays quite hard. I'm not sure what it would take to get him, but i think it would have to be centered around Desharnais, who still has decent trade value, and maybe Diaz because he's hot at the moment.
I mean don't get me wrong, you can never have too many two way threats and there's few types of players I value more than a high end defensive forward who can put up 50+ points playing tough minutes, but I'm not sure he's the answer to any of our problems, although he'd be an upgrade on either Desharnais or Eller for different reasons.

I think it's more likely going to cost Eller than Desharnais because Eller can potentially play a similar role to ROR at a fraction of the cost, and as much as I love Eller, whatever skill advantage he has is overshadowed by everything else. I just don't want to see us give up Beaulieu or something for him.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I like this version of Jumping Edwards:

http://jumpingjackedwards.ytmnd.com/

Old
02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

No doubt this deal could get done but what about the Habs bridge contract policy? How are they going to sign him once they've traded for him.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:54 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Not even close. DD and Diaz together are practically worthless, they aren't going to land you a young promising centre. Habs would have to relinquish a top young player in that deal.
What O'Rielly brings to the table today (nothing) devalues him greatly, also blockbuster trades are almost always bad for the team giving away the best piece.

The Avs have little leverage - the only way they wouldn't accept our deal is if another team offered better.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
What O'Rielly brings to the table today (nothing) devalues him greatly, also blockbuster trades are almost always bad for the team giving away the best piece.

The Avs have little leverage - the only way they wouldn't accept our deal is if another team offered better.
Scraps and spare parts won't cut it for a young up and coming 2-way centre. Won't ever happen. Avs have the asset that others want.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Scraps and spare parts won't cut it for a young up and coming 2-way centre. Won't ever happen. Avs have the asset that others want.
Ottawa Senators are a likely destination, makes sense for them with Spezza likely out for season and his long term health in question. They have good young players that could be available. Unlikely that the Avs would want a 5'5" center from us as a replacement.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:48 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Kristo and Thrower are both below average prospects.

No chance this gets it done.

Old
02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Ottawa Senators are a likely destination, makes sense for them with Spezza likely out for season and his long term health in question. They have good young players that could be available. Unlikely that the Avs would want a 5'5" center from us as a replacement.
I'm not saying that a signed ROR is worth DD+ anything. ROR is a much better asset than DD but at this point it's not about a hockey trade - it's asset management.

The Avs, with their financial considerations and everything, do not have any leverage. For them it's asset management and maybe (if they're not keen on tanking) salvaging a playoff run. I hypothesize that they won't get many better offers than David Desharnais (who is VERY, VERY talented - I've never denied this. I just don't think he's a centreman in the NHL) and some defenseman between Kabs/Diaz/Weber.

We might disagree here on whether they have any leverage or not but I really don't think they're gonna get a "good" deal.

Eller would be a really good trade piece but I want to keep him, I see a lot of Pleks in him but with even better hands.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:08 PM
OneSharpMarble

If the Avalanche don't want to give the guy 4.5million then don't expect a landslide of assets in trade. They can't be that high on him if they are ready to dish him off so quickly.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:11 PM
PyrettaBlaze

02-13-2013, 02:14 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If the Avalanche don't want to give the guy 4.5million then don't expect a landslide of assets in trade. They can't be that high on him if they are ready to dish him off so quickly.
He's in almost the exact same situation as PK was except he decided NOT to sign. Would we undervalue PK based on his contract? I don't hink so.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:35 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Any thoughts on kekelainen? He was my first choice for Habs GM. Will be scary to see what he does with all those picks.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Ottawa would be the perfect partner for Colorado.

Ottawa is weak at center without Spezza and they have ******** of cap space to afford a guy like O'Reilley.

Zibanejad, Sylverberg, even a goalie like Lehner would be good trading chips.

With Plekanec signed long term and Galchenyuk, + no cap space, the Habs cannot afford O'Reilley.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Any thoughts on kekelainen? He was my first choice for Habs GM. Will be scary to see what he does with all those picks.
He was up there for me too; the man knows talent and has a confident vibe. It will be interesting to see what he does with the Blue Jackets and I will be paying close attention to them for sure.

I think prior to MB some of us discussed bringing him into the franchise in some role but knew he was only coming back to the NHL as a GM, which wasn't going to happen here. Being Finnish and the first European Gm also adds a cool underdog story to it.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:57 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'm jealous. I was a big fan of him in STL...hopefully he does well with the Jackets.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
He was up there for me too; the man knows talent and has a confident vibe. It will be interesting to see what he does with the Blue Jackets and I will be paying close attention to them for sure.

I think prior to MB some of us discussed bringing him into the franchise in some role but knew he was only coming back to the NHL as a GM, which wasn't going to happen here. Being Finnish and the first European Gm also adds a cool underdog story to it.
Columbus is the perfect place to start as GM. No ones watching.

Bergevin has a much bigger challenge in his hands.

Closed Thread