HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
  #1001
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 27,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Something tells me the following teams have a good shot at getting him:

New Jersey
NYR
NYI
Carolina
Boston
Toronto
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Florida
Ottawa
Montreal
Tampa Bay
Winnipeg*
Buffalo
Washington

*if they stay in the East
Not at $5m per

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:30 PM
  #1002
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Davis, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,037
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
For some reason I feel like he's gonna go to Buffalo for something like Sekera + Ennis/Adam
Ennis / Adam are wildly different levels of value.

Think a $5 bill and a quarter.

sba is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:31 PM
  #1003
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
For the record, I think Toronto legit has a shot at the guy. I also have a feeling it could be the Rangers.
Won't be the Rangers. Sather wouldn't give O'Reilley the contract he's looking for and we'd be in the same boat as the avs.

Championship* is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  #1004
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
I'll cry if we take any combination of bozak or gardiner. Not the happy tears.

O'Reilly is an absolute stud. I guess only Avs fans see that.
He is such a stud you want to trade him instead of giving him 2mil more? Something is rotten in Denmark.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  #1005
caribouPINE
Registered User
 
caribouPINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Won't be the Rangers. Sather wouldn't give O'Reilley the contract he's looking for and we'd be in the same boat as the avs.
and as a Rangers fan, how does that make you feel?

That a "marquee" name may be available and the Rangers won't have any interest and/or aren't one of the frontrunners.

An unfamiliar feeling isn't it?

caribouPINE is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
  #1006
Asheru
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
If the Avs trade such a solid young player over his statline in the final six games, that would be hilarious. He is a tough minutes player, he does more than goals and assists.

They spent $4 million on David Jones instead. I can't defend any part of the way Colorado has handled this.

Asheru is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
  #1007
pspot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,550
vCash: 500
Do Avs fans think there is any value to the team trading for ROR also taking on a contract like Jones

pspot is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
  #1008
sansabri
like a docent's lisp
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 5,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
He is such a stud you want to trade him instead of giving him 2mil more? Something is rotten in Denmark.
blame the Avs org. Avs fans love O'Reilly and would love to keep him. this is out of their hands completely.

sansabri is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:35 PM
  #1009
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
He is such a stud you want to trade him instead of giving him 2mil more? Something is rotten in Denmark.
Not sure how Hamlet applies here?

I think it's pretty clear that they're concerned with precedent considering Duchene and Landeskog will be up for renewals in after next season. If you give him 5x5 then it's foreseeable that Lando could justify asking for 5x7. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Crisp Breakout is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:37 PM
  #1010
WhatASaveDave
Registered User
 
WhatASaveDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: toronto ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
I'm thinking Carolina, Toronto or Buffalo

WhatASaveDave is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:39 PM
  #1011
niwotsblessing
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: People's Republic
Country: Iceland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansabri View Post
i don't like this. some of the arguments are completely one-sided. he's forgetting that O'Reilly didn't have the same role as Duchene. correct me if i'm wrong, but O'Reilly was playing against top lines with scrubs for wingers. i'm more surprised he didn't finish with 2 pts. -45 and his confidence completely broken.

he might not deserve $5M per year, but he definitely deserves more than what the Avs are offering.
At the end of last season Duchene was playing with knee and ankle injuries and basically could not skate. This year Duchene is healthy and literally skating past opposing defenseman. Point being Duchene was in no position to lead the team in those final games.

O'Reilly was paired with Landeskog at the end of last season and that was our top line, although Steve Downie was playing with a separated shoulder. O'Reilly and Lendeskog carried the team most of the year and O'Reilly was gassed by the end.

Dater is being annoying because he does not have actual news to report. O'Reilly got the same offer as Duchene, who has returned healthy and is playing like a 3rd overall pick. O'Reilly and/or his agent need to stick their head in a bucket of ice water and get some perspective.

niwotsblessing is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
  #1012
skip2mybordeleau
Varly Varly
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,431
vCash: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Won't be the Rangers. Sather wouldn't give O'Reilley the contract he's looking for and we'd be in the same boat as the avs.
the thought is , if he's playing a top 6 role with a certain amount of ice time, that he would sign for less, this of course is speculation.

skip2mybordeleau is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
  #1013
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheru View Post
If the Avs trade such a solid young player over his statline in the final six games, that would be hilarious. He is a tough minutes player, he does more than goals and assists.

They spent $4 million on David Jones instead. I can't defend any part of the way Colorado has handled this.
You do know that Dater doesn't work for the avs right?

Drij is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:40 PM
  #1014
sansabri
like a docent's lisp
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 5,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by niwotsblessing View Post
At the end of last season Duchene was playing with knee and ankle injuries and basically could not skate. This year Duchene is healthy and literally skating past opposing defenseman. Point being Duchene was in no position to lead the team in those final games.

O'Reilly was paired with Landeskog at the end of last season and that was our top line, although Steve Downie was playing with a separated shoulder. O'Reilly and Lendeskog carried the team most of the year and O'Reilly was gassed by the end.

Dater is being annoying because he does not have actual news to report. O'Reilly got the same offer as Duchene, who has returned healthy and is playing like a 3rd overall pick. O'Reilly and/or his agent need to stick their head in a bucket of ice water and get some perspective.
i was focusing more on O'Reilly's two first seasons. sorry if i didn't make that more clear.

sansabri is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
  #1015
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
Do Avs fans think there is any value to the team trading for ROR also taking on a contract like Jones
Absolutely not, especially if Jones is considered to be a cap dump and actually diminishes Oreillys overall value.

Jones's contract is a non issue right now, were no where near the cap, and if management feels its that bad of a contract a compliance buyout will do the trick in the summer.


NOW, if someone wanted to trade for jones with the intention of giving up something decent of value for him, and adding that to the ROR trade then we could talk. Right now he's probably worth a 2nd to a contender, but if he can start producing again and has say 10 Goals by the Trade deadline, I could see a desperate team needing top 6/9 help offering a 1st for him.


Personally if I'm the Avs. I wait till the draft to move Oreilly, and if theres a team in the top 5 moving there pick, we offer them ROR + Jones + Elliott/Barrie for there pick.

Or if they don't want Jones it could be our 2nd.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
  #1016
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 7,103
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
Do Avs fans think there is any value to the team trading for ROR also taking on a contract like Jones
No. Certainly not.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:42 PM
  #1017
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
I'm thinking Carolina, Toronto or Buffalo
Carolina already has J. Staal who can perform a similar role, elite two-way top 6 forward.

I think Toronto and Buffalo are good bets, but really there are a ton of teams that could use a young defensive top 6 C. Florida, Washington, Winnipeg, NYI, Chicago, Anaheim (Koivu getting old, Getzlaf may leave), etc etc. Depends how important it is to Colorado to trade out of division and/or out of conference, because that can narrow the list down.

416Leafer is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:43 PM
  #1018
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 10,546
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Not at $5m per
Surely you noticed that all of the teams I listed are in the East right?

And I have a good feeling that when he's traded, he'll sign for less than $5m, but based on how negotiations went w/ the Avs, he won't sign a deal like that w/ the Avs, it got too ugly.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:43 PM
  #1019
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 7,103
vCash: 3319
How I think this is going to play out....


-we trade O'Reilly to an eastern team for a return below Avs fans expectations.

-I will be incredibly dissapointed.

-O'Reilly signs a bridge contract with his new team.

-Players Avs get don't turn out/are mediocre.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:45 PM
  #1020
caribouPINE
Registered User
 
caribouPINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
How I think this is going to play out....


-we trade O'Reilly to an eastern team for a return below Avs fans expectations.

-I will be incredibly dissapointed.

-O'Reilly signs a bridge contract with his new team.

-Players Avs get don't turn out/are mediocre.

I think that is a foregone conclusion.

Just need to hope and somehow minimize the damage for each of those.

caribouPINE is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
  #1021
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Something tells me the following teams have a good shot at getting him:

New Jersey
NYR
NYI
Carolina
Boston
Toronto
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Florida
Ottawa
Montreal
Tampa Bay
Winnipeg*
Buffalo
Washington

*if they stay in the East

Habs would not cave to his salary demands. No chance

IceDaddy is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
  #1022
skip2mybordeleau
Varly Varly
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,431
vCash: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
How I think this is going to play out....


-we trade O'Reilly to an eastern team for a return below Avs fans expectations.

-I will be incredibly dissapointed.

-O'Reilly signs a bridge contract with his new team.

-Players Avs get don't turn out/are mediocre.
exactly how i feel how this is going to go down.

skip2mybordeleau is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
  #1023
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Won't be the Rangers. Sather wouldn't give O'Reilley the contract he's looking for and we'd be in the same boat as the avs.
Sather has a pretty good trade record and a pretty bad signing record (for value anyway). I wonder what happens when he makes a sign and trade type deal...

TOGuy14 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
  #1024
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
and as a Rangers fan, how does that make you feel?

That a "marquee" name may be available and the Rangers won't have any interest and/or aren't one of the frontrunners.

An unfamiliar feeling isn't it?

I feel great about it. You obviously have a chip on your shoulder about it though.

Championship* is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 01:48 PM
  #1025
Ivan13
Problem child
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,738
vCash: 50
As someone on the Avs board posted, Avs can't win a deal in which they're trading Radar, they just simply can't.

Ivan13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.