HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Where will the goals come from?

Old
07-04-2006, 03:13 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Retart
Moran.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
Why not? We took Stumpel twice.
How did Murray do without JT after he left? I imagine that's why you want to get rid of him, and his contract.
Muzz scored 10 goals in 25 games with Wayne Primeau as his center. He finished with 53 points in 64 games. After this off-season's spending spree $4mil per season for a 30-40 goal guy seems cheap! And yes, Boston seems interested in moving all of the guys that were close to Joe Thornton.

Bill Ladd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Creeping Death

I wonder if Boston would do Belanger/Sopel for Murray.

Ouch.

Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Kingz4ever

Without demitra, everyone has to step up. frolov, conroy, cammalleri and brown must lead the way. Osullivan could be a pleasant suprise. But if any of the guys I mentioned hits a slump, kings will be in trouble.

Kingz4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Johnny Utah

I just got back in town and am puzzeled by some of these moves. Sure I like Blake and McCauley, but Cloutier..? Jesus.

Who the hell is gonna score goals. Dustin Brown is not a top 6'er, Cammy slumps, and Demitra is gone. Kings need some help badly on that front.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 12:34 PM
guzmania

I'm almost certain that one can't assess a team by going line-to-line, player-by-player. A team is an amalgamation of players. Some guys make other guys better, and teams get torn apart by divisiveness. No one can say for certain that a player was bad on his own merits alone. That doesn't work for me. There are four other skaters you are working with, 20 if you're the goalie.

Last year we needed 4 or 5 goals to win any game. I see a bunch more shootouts in our future. 1 to 1 or 2 to 2. I think that although we won't have that ability to just pedal to the metal surge past other teams, they won't have that chance either. That was a high risk, high reward strategy that the coach was comfortable with last year. Might work well in a tournament but it is tough to accomplish over 80 plus games. This team will probably be dangerous, not 3 shift dangerous but 60 minute dangerous.

(By the way, no guy who has reached the NHL by working his butt off is "garbage". I am just flipped out by this ignorant, hateful and childish attitude. Little twits at computers shouldn't call big strong professional athletes names. It just looks bad in my almost humble and often flawed opinion.)

Last edited by guzmania: 07-08-2006 at 04:12 PM.
guzmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania View Post
I'm almost certain that one can't assess a team by going line-to-line, player-by-player. A team is an amalgamation of players. Some guys make other guys better, and teams get torn apart by divisiveness. No one can say for certain that a player was bad on his own merits alone. That doesn't work for me. There are four other skaters you are working with, 20 if you're the goalie.

Last year we needed 4 or 5 goals to win any game. I see a bunch more shootouts in our future. 1 to 1 or 2 to 2. I think that although we won't have that ability to just pedal to the metal surge past other teams, they won't have that chance either. That was a high risk, high reward strategy that the coach was comfortable with last year. Might work well in a tournament but it is tough to accomplish over 80 plus games. If this team will probably be dangerous, not 3 shift dangerous but 60 minute dangerous.

(By the way, no guy who has reached the NHL by working his butt off is "garbage". I am just flipped out by this ignorant, hateful and childish attitude. Little twits at computers shouldn't call big strong professional athletes names. It just looks bad in my almost humble and often flawed opinion.)
I don't think the "little twits" got to the end of your post to see themselves put in place after you started with "amalgamation." Which is impressive, by the way. Not many people have such a repertoire of words in their vocabulary.

Back to this thread:

I always thought the stork brought goals.

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Retart
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Moran.