HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 02:05 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
So, who is glued to the half-wall on the Hawks' PP?

I would absolutely love it as well. With the Lakers seemingly out of the playoff picture, a series between the Ducks and Kings would get a lot of attention. Would be even better if it was 2nd or 3rd round. Could you imagine the Ducks and the Kings in the WCF? That would blow the minds of every Canadian analyst on CBC and TSN.
More so than a Kings/Yotes WCF?

Old
02-13-2013, 02:13 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post
More so than a Kings/Yotes WCF?
Oh yeah, absolutely. All home games for us, and the Kings and Ducks despite not having met in the playoffs have a healthy regular season hate that has never really existed with the Coyotes.

I get your point though if you are talking about what Canadian analysts were thinking when the Kings met the Coyotes in the WCF.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:16 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Oh yeah, absolutely. All home games for us, and the Kings and Ducks despite not having met in the playoffs have a healthy regular season hate that has never really existed with the Coyotes.

I get your point though if you are talking about what Canadian analysts were thinking when the Kings met the Coyotes in the WCF.
Yeah that's what I meant. I bet it was a tough pill for them to swallow.

I know we all hate the quacks and that series would be a blood bath.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:48 PM
johnjm22

A Kings/Ducks series would be nice.

I feel like the Kings SC run last year didn't give casual sports fans in SoCal much of a chance to catch on. It came out of nowhere, and because of the Kings dominance it went by in a flash. No big comebacks, no games sevens, OTs were rare and the Kings never had their backs against the wall. Not much drama.

Old
02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post
I think the Kings are slowly turning a corner but I wanted to hear everyone's take on the Ducks. I first thought their early success was alot of smoke and mirrors but I'm starting to get a little worried about their new goalie and that the team seems to be buying into a better defensive structure. They looked pretty gutsy last night against the Hawks.

Plus Perry and Getlaf in contract years, anyone else think that team might be for real?
Ducks are solid, but not nearly as good as their record indicates. Hot streaks in a shortened season just make it look like teams are better than they really are. The Ducks' shooting percentage is at an unsustainably high level right now, and that's going to come down at some point. It's way too small of a sample size to declare Fasth a savior, too. Let's see what happens when teams get more of a book on him.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:24 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

For folks wishing for the Ducks and Kings to make the playoffs in the same year, you'll likely get your wish this year. The Kings currently need to displace Calgary in the *real* standings (points-blown vs. points earned) who are in 8th currently.

Fortunately I think Calgary is catchable easily. Unfortunately leapfrogging other teams after the 20 game mark will extremely difficult, so the Kings need to start making up ground now. They've used up almost all their mulligans.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

No team has played less home games than the Kings though, so that will help

Old
02-13-2013, 06:29 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

That March schedule is scary though. If they get in a groove they could move up a lot but if they struggle things could get really bad since they won't even have time to practice. They play on more days than they have off!

Old
02-13-2013, 06:54 PM
damacles1156

The Blues are just falling apart. They can't keep pucks out of their net.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:47 PM
bobafettish*

of course howard plays like garbage against the blues.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:53 PM
damacles1156

Love how the Wings/Howard decide to play like Garbage against the Blues ,and let them back into the game.

Can't do that against the Kings uhhh ?

Old
02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Ottawa fans on suicide watch. Karlsson's leg was cut by cooke's skate. Could be serious.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Update on Karlsson: Erik suffered a laceration to his left achilles, which will require surgery to repair. He will be out indefinitely.

That was from the official Ottawa twitter.

That sucks. Major blow to Ottawa.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:33 PM
damacles1156

Well he needs surgery, Eric Karlsson is out probably for the season.

Everyone is going to want Matt Cooke's head, but it was kind of a weird play. I mean they happen in Hockey, That's why a lot of guys are wearing kevlar socks (Drew Doughty does).

Hockey skates are very sharp.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Shellz

Nicklas Lidstrom is so handsome!

Old
02-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Whiskeypete

brutal for the kid. out minimum 6 months, possibly up to 12 or more.

i completely tore my left achilles (2-3 inch separation). 6 months before the doctor cleared me to do anything beyond walking. 'anything' was an activity that he deemed as explosive in nature. any activity that involved a sudden start - stop motion. when i asked about skating he was mortified, due to the nature of the skating motion.

his downtime may be shorter if it isn't completely torn and separated. from what i saw in the video clips its higher up the back of the leg, above the skate boot. there is more to work with to repair the tendon, than if its lower around the heel. it's going to depend on the severity of the cut into the tendon.

his healing will be faster also. younger, stronger, more access to rehab and cutting edge methods i am sure.

going to take him some time to return to where he was yesterday. the loss of strength is amazing. tore mine sept '11, surgery was nov '11 - it still isn't 100%. then again im not a pro athlete in great shape and in my 20s

Old
02-13-2013, 09:07 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Ugh. Way to give the Blues life, Red Wings.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:14 PM
bobafettish*

that sucks, just thinking about getting an achilles cut makes me cringe.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
KingLB

Achilles tendons are like the worse injury in sports now that ACL's are getting better so quick.

Edit: By that I mean common during the game injuries...not back or neck breaks...

Old
02-13-2013, 10:30 PM
ShattStar03

I would want Cooke's heart on a plate if I was a Sens fan..

Old
02-13-2013, 10:42 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Update on Karlsson: Erik suffered a laceration to his left achilles, which will require surgery to repair. He will be out indefinitely.

That was from the official Ottawa twitter.

That sucks. Major blow to Ottawa.
I have known three players who lost their careers to similar injuries. Of course the last one was over ten years ago. Surprising how often the back of the ankle and knee (and everything in between) get cut deep and damaged in hockey and yet the gear just doesn't change. It could, it doesn't or at least not to cover those areas.

My Ottawa connection says that they will be sending info to the league and that they think that it was intentional. I will have to see it to believe it but it could happen. If he makes it back this season it will be surprising.

Old
02-13-2013, 10:48 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Old teammate of mine had his calf muscles cut all the way to the bone. Took a long time to heal and left a NASTY scar.

Sens are my 2nd favorite team. ****ing brutal. Well at least the Kings are off to a great start this year!

Old
02-13-2013, 10:54 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

As much as I dislike Karlsson, I really think it was unintentional what happened. Also, is it one of those injuries that players may not ever be the same kind of injury?

Old
02-13-2013, 11:05 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
As much as I dislike Karlsson, I really think it was unintentional what happened. Also, is it one of those injuries that players may not ever be the same kind of injury?
Whiskie can give you a better answer than I can but from what I have seen yes, it absolutely can be a career changer/ruiner. Not saying it will be here because really, who knows at this point but it absolutely could.

When that thing gets severed which from what is going around is what happened, even if it wasn't done completely what is cut draws up and has to be re-attached (over simplification but kind of close) and then the elasticity of it has to be re habilitated. Then there is the issue of everything going perfectly during the surgery when there really isn't any way of knowing for certain until the thing is re-habbed.

I have seen it end up being shorter by as much as a quarter of an inch on one occasion but again, that was ten years ago so who knows what medical magic they have come up with now. I am just saying that it is possible that Karlsson could end up either less explosive of a skater or just weaker.

Of course, he could get a bionic leg and be even better than before. Skate faster then anyone else in a circle in the history of skating?

So tired.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:04 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

On Cooke: It actually looks like he was stomping on his back heel and I agree with those who says it looks like he is doing it on purpose. I have never played hockey like this guys do but that little stomp on the end looks like a very strange thing to do in that situation.

Is there any word if Shanahan is looking at this?

Closed Thread