HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators Trying To Prevent Leafs Fans From Attending Games In Ottawa

Old
02-13-2013, 03:02 PM
EDDIE20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
The day I take lessons from a sens fan on what a "real fanbase" is will be the day Alfie proves to be an effective captain, or the day Melnyk gets over his insane jealousy of how much more popular the Leafs are to his senators...

In other words, it's never going to happen.
Very well said.

Don't forget that the "real fanbase" in Ottawa nearly let the team go bankrupt. Melnyk really wants to lose money by having no opposing fans in the building? How are they gonna put a stop to scalping? The place'll be half empty if that happens.

EDDIE20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
leburn98

Shows you how pitiful that organization and their bandwagon fanbase really are. Leafs haven't been great for 10 years, absolutely horrible in fact, but there is no denying that the fans have stuck with them through thick and thin. For the Sens, as soon as they disappear from playoff contention, the so-called fans disappear. Granted, not all Sens fans are like this. Without the Leafs and Habs fans supporting the Sens by buying tickets, paying large amounts in the concessions and so on, the wonderful Sens wouldn't exist and would be playing in Las Vegas or some other American city. They should thank us for doing something their fans obviously cannot.

If, and that's if, this email was sent out to STH (according to my friend, a STH, he didn't receive one), it should be up to the true Sens fans to step up and actually support their team. Regardless of your reasons for not buying tickets to the Habs or Leafs games, there is absolutely no excuse for having your captain booed in his own building. It's pathetic. This is something you would never hear in Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, Detroit, Boston, NYR, etc. Show some character Sens fans. Show us this Sens Army pride that we all hear about. //RANT OVER

I will be chanting GO LEAFS GO loud and proud at all 3 games in Ottawa, booing Krusty everytime he touches the puck, and there is not a damn thing a Sens fan can do about it.

leburn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
RussellDangeruss
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
Is this picture supposed to prove that? How exactly does this picture support your claim that the lower half seats are empty for the first half of every period? I see no indication of time in that picture that would support your claim. Even if you're right, if that's the best you can do, best you just move along and we'll pretend it never happened.
Hey, they give free pizza, wings, ice cream and BEER down in those private boxes. I got to go to one a while back and even I was 3-4 minutes late for the 2nd period because I was jamming down as many wings as I could. (They'll serve you in the seat too, but it's tough to keep track of time when you get unlimited free beer and food.)

RussellDangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:09 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
welcome to Sports

but i mean doesnt soccer have separated fan base, and a fixed amount of the opposition seating

In Europe they do but that is to stop them from trying to kill each other, at least inside the stadium.

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:10 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelGertner View Post
Nope. My glasses work just fine...

Was that picture taken during yet another one of Karlsson's famous dives during last night's game against Buffalo?

Fact of the matter is that Sens fans empty the arena half way through just as much as any other team, especially when their team is losing.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:11 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RtooDtu View Post
I get why they are doing this, and i really dont see what the big issue is.

The issue is that anyone who can pay for a ticket has the right to buy a ticket, regardless of which team they cheer for.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:14 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church of Alfie View Post
Before you guys rip on the Sens for this one, keep in mind that the only "news" source (and I use that description very loosely) currently reporting this is the Toronto Star which is about as credible as Rob Ford is good looking.
Oh really?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/fanfuel/2013...om_home_games/

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/se...abs-supporters

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...canadiens.html

Old
02-13-2013, 03:16 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepatient View Post
It's only game, why you heff to be mad?
Who is mad? Most people seem to think it is hilarious. Pathetic, but hilarious.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:18 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
Ottawa: Shut up and take our money
Ottawa: Shut up and take our money, you need it more than the Leafs do.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:19 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leburn98 View Post
Without the Leafs and Habs fans supporting the Sens by buying tickets, paying large amounts in the concessions and so on, the wonderful Sens wouldn't exist and would be playing in Las Vegas or some other American city. They should thank us for doing something their fans obviously cannot.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2012
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2011
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2010
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2009
http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2008

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:21 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelGertner View Post
Nope. My glasses work just fine...

Without any context as to when during a game that photo was taken, it is meaningless.

Yes there are people in the lower areas who are not in their seats, but they aren't really fans anyway as they are using the game for business purposes.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:22 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
In Europe they do but that is to stop them from trying to kill each other, at least inside the stadium.
Um no. There are usually a small percentage of seats given to each away team per game depending on the stadium size etc that go directly to the other teams board that sells them to that teams fans. Now, that doesn't prevent you from going to the other teams ticket seller and buy them from there

So no its not to keep them from killing each other, its to control the crowd to give the home team an edge. Soccer hooliganism isn't nearly as bad as people want it to be these days

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
Um no. There are usually a small percentage of seats given to each away team per game depending on the stadium size etc that go directly to the other teams board that sells them to that teams fans. Now, that doesn't prevent you from going to the other teams ticket seller and buy them from there

So no its not to keep them from killing each other, its to control the crowd to give the home team an edge. Soccer hooliganism isn't nearly as bad as people want it to be these days
Um yes, it is in Britain. Try being a Celtic fan and going to Rangers fans side of the stadium or vice versa.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Without any context as to when during a game that photo was taken, it is meaningless.

Yes there are people in the lower areas who are not in their seats, but they aren't really fans anyway as they are using the game for business purposes.
Exactly. For all we know, the picture was taken last Saturday during the Sens/Jets game. The Sens really stunk up the joint during that one.

If the Sens could sell out their arena with their fans alone, they wouldn't have to pull these stupid tactics.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellDangeruss View Post
Hey, they give free pizza, wings, ice cream and BEER down in those private boxes. I got to go to one a while back and even I was 3-4 minutes late for the 2nd period because I was jamming down as many wings as I could. (They'll serve you in the seat too, but it's tough to keep track of time when you get unlimited free beer and food.)
I've been to the lounge once before and you're right, it is easy to lose track of time. Hell, when I was there, all the people in 'suits' weren't even talking business. Everyone was just shooting the **** over pints of beer and stuff. I've never been one to complain about people taking long to get back to their seats. I'm fully aware of the perks that those seats hold and like you, I was also late to the period because I lost track of time with friends there. Getting back to your seat before the period starts or after the period starts hardly defines you as a fan. I think that's what the poster was trying to imply but that's a stupid argument to waste anytime on.

Poster made a claim and backed it up with picture evidence that literally was absolutely useless. What kind of evidence is that photo when it doesn't have any indication of what point in time during the game that picture was taken? His whole argument was predicated on TIME and that was the most obvious information missing from his picture.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:28 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE20 View Post
If the Sens could sell out their arena with their fans alone, they wouldn't have to pull these stupid tactics.
We can...

02-13-2013, 03:30 PM
EDDIE20*

I'm still laughing at the article, especially since every season Melnyk and Co. pull out yet another butt nugget regarding the Leafs. That Eugene is a real source of entertainment, I tell ya.

What I find odd is that during his press conference before the season, Melnyk openly stated that a lot of people were envious of the Sens. Is this whole ticket thing a reaction to that or what?

Old
02-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

I agree that the email is embarassing. I dont think its the amount of fans but more their behaviour which is way more embarassing to the Leafs than that email. And I'm not saying its Leafs fans in general, you're all a good bunch, but some of those who attend games at SBP are on some hooligan ****. The cheers I don't mind at all.

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:40 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 9-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
We can...
Christ you guys are insecure.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:04 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
We can...

Those stats show that tickets have been sold, not who bought them. And the sea of blue in your arena when the Leafs are there indicates that your claim is false.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igy View Post
Already have tickets. I'm going to make some signs to tell them how I feel about it.

Any ideas?

All I can think of is a blown up sign of that Bryz "Why you heff to be mad?"

That or find a guy Sens jersey you can borrow walk into the place wearing it only to take it off to reveal your leafs Jersey underneath.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Those stats show that tickets have been sold, not who bought them. And the sea of blue in your arena when the Leafs are there indicates that your claim is false.
My thoughts exactly. If Sens fans (and only Sens fans) can fill up the arena, why is the arena almost blue and white? There's no solid way of determining whether the person attending the game actually bought the ticket through the box office, Ticketmaster, ect.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Gutchecktime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post

That or find a guy Sens jersey you can borrow walk into the place wearing it only to take it off to reveal your leafs Jersey underneath.

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Gutchecktime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igy View Post
Hmm or:

Leafs fan taking one of your seats.
You mad?

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Igy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post

Nice idea, but I wouldn't be caught dead in a Sens jersey.

Igy is offline   Reply With Quote