HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber & Suter: Like Peas and Carrots

Old
02-12-2013, 11:49 AM
wadesworld

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
Ok - so Weber holds the club hostage monitarily and demands payment or he is going to Philly, but thats ok because Poile had a chance to match it and retain him? Suter, mentions he would like to re-sign, but goes to play elsewhere without the option to match. If Suter gave Poile the option to match but turned him down anyway, would there still be the hate?
The hate is because Suter told us he wanted to stay in Nashville and wanted to get a deal done. All the while he was working a deal in the background with Parise and the Wild.

You can feel all warm and fuzzy about Suter all you want. But don't expect us to. Not going to happen. He lied and he's going to get the fan's wrath for a long time.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:23 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Also, there's not Patric Hörnqvist screening those goalies cause he is injured. When he comes back, you guys just watch how suddenly Shea Weber stars scoring. Both goals (when Hörnqvist makes those masterful screens) and assists (when Hörnqvist whacks those rebounds in). He is the key element there.
Not that I disagree that that's important, but it's not the whole thing, either. Paired with Hannan should allow Weber to be more O-oriented, but he's not. Last night there were a TON of times he simply wouldn't step up and keep the puck in the O-zone or look to put it on net. On the PP teams are stepping out and all he can do is flick the wrister - we're simply gonna' have to get a little more creative to get him some of "his" shots, and the only guy creative enough is a guy who thinks shot-first anyway (Ellis).

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:03 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Not that I disagree that that's important, but it's not the whole thing, either. Paired with Hannan should allow Weber to be more O-oriented, but he's not. Last night there were a TON of times he simply wouldn't step up and keep the puck in the O-zone or look to put it on net. On the PP teams are stepping out and all he can do is flick the wrister - we're simply gonna' have to get a little more creative to get him some of "his" shots, and the only guy creative enough is a guy who thinks shot-first anyway (Ellis).
I think we should give Blum a shot on 1st pp with Weber. Blum is the best passer on the team

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:56 PM
cupforwings09

GP G A PTS +/-
Suter 13 0 7 7 -6

Weber 13 0 1 1 0

I think its time for an update on how these two are playing without each other. And the verdict..... brutal. Weber's 1 point is the most surprising to me.

cupforwings09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:25 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post
GP G A PTS +/-
Suter 13 0 7 7 -6

Weber 13 0 1 1 0

I think its time for an update on how these two are playing without each other. And the verdict..... brutal. Weber's 1 point is the most surprising to me.
Nashville is dead last in goals scored. Where would these points be coming from, for Weber?

Trotz became pretty angry when someone questioned if Weber wasn't playing well...he's a defenseman, and he's taking care of the most important thing he can-- his own end. He's playing close to 27 minutes a night on a team with best GPGA percentage in the league--by far. Apparently he's doing something right. The points will come when the team starts scoring more goals\stops winning\losing 2-1 and 1-0 games.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
triggrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post
GP G A PTS +/-
Suter 13 0 7 7 -6

Weber 13 0 1 1 0

Weber still leads the team in shots they're just not going in, I don't see how Suter makes his shot more accurate. If anything is killing Weber, see the post in the thread, it's Hornqvist's injury.

Oh that's right, you haven't actually watched a game he's played in, you've just checked box scores.

Weber is still elite, still a bioch to play against, and still has a booming shoot. He didn't need Suter to have any of those.

Old
03-11-2013, 01:46 PM
DumbaTrain
YouWantSome?

Wild fan coming with only good intentions here..

Not trying to bump a thread to be annoying..

How has Weber been lately ? Im just curious cause i dont watch Preds that much..

Suter has been playing very well lately.. Paired up with Brodin seems to clicking very well..

DumbaTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Preds33
RIP Shea Weber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Wild fan coming with only good intentions here..

Not trying to bump a thread to be annoying..

How has Weber been lately ? Im just curious cause i dont watch Preds that much..

Suter has been playing very well lately.. Paired up with Brodin seems to clicking very well..
This depends on what game you watch. He looks like Jekyll and Hyde. Good one game, bad the next. We have found the best way to make him great is to hit him in the face. Erat did that a few games ago and he turned into a beast, slaughtering anything that got in his way.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 02:15 PM
triggrman

Disagree. I don't think Weber has looked bad outside of one or two plays here and there all year.

I also don't think he got out to a slow start either though, it's just the pucks weren't falling in for him.

Defensively he's almost always a beast. He's got beat to the outside once that I remember.

Seems to be like it always is. Whoever plays with Weber, looks like a much better player. Hannan, Josi, Suter..... All looked better playing with Weber.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
DumbaTrain
YouWantSome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Seems to be like it always is. Whoever plays with Weber, looks like a much better player. Hannan, Josi, Suter..... All looked better playing with Weber.
We are hoping that Brodin will be the guy to take Suter to the next step of his game.. But offcourse..Its a long way before it can be compared to anything near Suter - Weber.. But so far it has looked very good..

Old
03-11-2013, 02:29 PM
triggrman

Suter's problem on defense is and will always be, he struggles with anyone of size. He's not going to clear the front of the net, he's not good in the corners but he has an active stick and can transition well.

Old
03-11-2013, 02:44 PM
DumbaTrain
YouWantSome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
He's not going to clear the front of the net,.
This is something i have already seen a couple of times.. And Brodin isnt that kind of guy at all.. We just have to wait and see how things turn out i guess..

Old
03-11-2013, 10:16 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Visiting fans are welcome, but they are subject to the rules just like anyone else. Some things are moderated more tightly in team forums because we have to protect places for fans to discuss their team among fellow fans. It's best not to prod, even playfully, in a team forum unless you know absolutely for sure that everyone knows who you are and that it's all in good fun.

We can get back to Weber and Suter now